Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:54:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When the banks decide to start the war on Bitcoin  (Read 354 times)
bustun101 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:41:06 AM

Bitcoin is rising. People are noticing. It's only a matter of time before the big banks start to really crack down on the crypto market. Will this be what causes the bitcoin crash? (or at least a major devaluing) Or, will cryptos win and survive the onslaught of major institutions? I have been thinking about this, all the possibillites of where the market could end up. Who knows?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:44:24 AM

I don't think it will cause Bitcoin's crash. People who are heavily investing in BTCs aren't common people, they are rich people, they know what they are doing, it banks were a problem for them they wouldn't be putting so much money into Crypto-Currency world.

And there is the possibility people inside the banks invest in BTCs and make profit with Crypto-Currency too, not possible to prove, but it's possible. Bitcoin price won't crash, but the difficulty of using it can increase for the mass population.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 05:43:49 AM

Banks can only do so much because they only have so much power. They can only implement internal policies, unlike governments. They only have teeth against their own clients, so to speak.

Another thing they have to consider is competition. If there is large demand for cryptocurrencies, and bank #1 does not offer or support it, bank #2 may be willing to to usurp bank # 1's clients. Banks are ultimately a business and they're going to do whatever they can if it means increasing or maintaining their bottom line. For as long as consumers have lots of choices, they're going to win out.

davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 906

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:05:20 AM

Bitcoin is rising. People are noticing. It's only a matter of time before the big banks start to really crack down on the crypto market. Will this be what causes the bitcoin crash? (or at least a major devaluing) Or, will cryptos win and survive the onslaught of major institutions? I have been thinking about this, all the possibillites of where the market could end up. Who knows?

Are you asking about the central banks,or you are talking about ordinary banks?
All the central banks are still hostile to cryptocurrencies,but they still don`t want to take actions against bitcoin and the altcoins.Ordinary banks just want more customers and more profits.They will start adopting the blockchain technology and cyptocurrencies, if this is the market trend and if the majority of the people wants to buy more cryptos.

Sarastiche

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:15:46 AM

The war is certain,but cannot be won by the banks,whales investment in Bitcoin cross across all sectors globally,they won"t rlax and allow bank to destroy Bitcoin
Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:32:39 AM

I don't think that the banks will go fir the war with bitcoin because when people are showing interest in bitcoins then it will be a foolish decision to go fir the war.
Instead of this. Banks may adopt the bitcoin and bring the new technology in future. That will help the banks and the country in growth.

wenjun123

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:45:28 PM

I think banks are already struggling with crypto currency. But, this, as they say, can not be stopped. More and more people are pouring into it and making money here.

User365

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:59:11 PM

I don't think it will cause Bitcoin's crash. People who are heavily investing in BTCs aren't common people, they are rich people, they know what they are doing, it banks were a problem for them they wouldn't be putting so much money into Crypto-Currency world.

And there is the possibility people inside the banks invest in BTCs and make profit with Crypto-Currency too, not possible to prove, but it's possible. Bitcoin price won't crash, but the difficulty of using it can increase for the mass population.

I agree with you, but there are options to short BTC too, therefore profit with BTC is possible for banks in every case.

The institutions which will start to fight BTC and cryptocurrencies are governments because they lose control over the regional money flow (money laundering, taxing,...)

[could be your ad]
hujanderas

Activity: 132
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:16:25 PM

I do not think that banks will be heading against with bitcoin because when people like on bitcoin then it would be an unlikely decision. Banks may adopt bitcoin and bring new technology in the future. It will help the bank and the country in the developing world.
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:30:18 PM

What can banks do?  Nothing?  They are not a currency, they can do just about as much as any other investment.  Its really bringing power to the people and not the banks, which is a huge change!
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:33:55 PM

Well i think if people uses and demand much more on Bitcoin than on banks i think that will start the war but still many still uses banks on their savings and investment because they trust it much more than Bitcoin who only started to become famous and to trust by other they still think that Bitcoin is not safety to use than banks but if Bitcoin started to take all the user of banks then that will start the war
ashfer

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

https://luxantdigitalbank.com/

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 05:18:05 PM

I don't feel like the banks will start a war on btc as btc doesn't give more options like the banks does.BTC can be considered as a good investment form where as bank is a place where we invest our money as current savings and saving account .In the bank there will be long term fixed deposit and current savings account where as in BTC we can invest our money and withdraw from it if we feel like we have earned profit and there is no fixed time period to make a withdrawal of our investment.BTC doesn't provide funds like the banks where as banks provide funds and in turn take security assets so that we pay back in time and so i think its foolish to say that there will be war between banks and btc as both btc and banks play different roles.

SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 05:18:51 PM

I have seen people talking about that many times , like what if banks and governments were buying bitcoins and planning to dump all at one point
this still a theory and it can't be accurate , banks can't do much against bitcoin
we all saw how bitcoin was gaining value even most of banks and governments warned about bitcoin and considered it a bubble

at worst case scenario even if the price were dumped , we all saw that there is huge interest in bitcoin so basically people would love to buy cheap crypto
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: