Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:53:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Already lost 50% of my capital  (Read 7156 times)
grocon

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:42:15 PM

Another trick is to sell when the markets are falling to avoid further losses.  I didn’t thinking that they might bounce back back but they didn’t.  So what could have been a loss of 10% was much worse.

This is valid for shitcoins.
For good coins, you will usually end buying high and selling low. 

I would invest something like 2/3 as mid/long term hold on strong coins and the remaining could be used to play on more risky investments.
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1106

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:04:57 PM

if you lose constantly while trading,invest into studying the market
and also read and study and learn more about trading itself
it is not an easy business,if every single trader was profiting ,trading would have died Smiley
so try to cut the losses,do not go all in and learn and trade on demo accounts first

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
sulendra12

Activity: 2828
Merit: 526

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:18:50 PM

me also , i lost from 0,1 to 0,02 because im holding coin so long ,
my advice for you , make your 50% lose as your invest , invest about what your mistake , and try comeback with  the remaining capital
and keep learn everytime
It's not that easy to do. Just imagine, 0.1 is not small amount it worth more than $1155. When you lose that amount, I bet you will regret and need to inactive from trading to refresh yourself. Holding coin is not a mistake, but you just chose the wrong coin(s).

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
brotherwood12

Activity: 686
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:28:11 PM

me also , i lost from 0,1 to 0,02 because im holding coin so long ,
my advice for you , make your 50% lose as your invest , invest about what your mistake , and try comeback with  the remaining capital
and keep learn everytime
It's not that easy to do. Just imagine, 0.1 is not small amount it worth more than $1155. When you lose that amount, I bet you will regret and need to inactive from trading to refresh yourself. Holding coin is not a mistake, but you just chose the wrong coin(s).

yea , that make me sick for 2-3 week and i full regret of that , but if im always down , i cant make money again , so right now im try to up my last capital to go on 0,1 again ,  i hope i can
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:34:28 PM

Thank you guys for those kind of words. Starting now, I starting to study about the charts or candles. So maybe for me as starter with low capital, may I start in some minors exchanges? Not like bittrex? what do you think guys?
There's no need to start on different exchanges but if that's what you prefer then go. I think the mistake here is on how you execute your trading strategy you have to make a change on how you pick the coins you like to trade.

My first trading experience also started with a loss but I immediately change things before my loss started to pile up.
What's obviously missing out in OP is that of lack of good enough trading knowledge and experience and not a wrong choice of exchanges site or coins, so he's on track to reckon he needs to study more. That's the foot for recouping all the coins he had lost!
rehydrogenated

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:54:01 PM

Hello guys. I just want to ask for your opinion or an advice.
I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital  Sad. Some coins are still in hold.
I just want to ask what can you give to me an advice or any learnings  about trading. I'm using bittrex.

Wow with how much everything has gone up lately you truly are a terrible trader. Maybe you are trading too often? Fees eat up profit. Maybe you aren't trading on news or you a analyzing the news poorly.

If you only trade based on indicators you will lose to the bots every single time. You need to have a longer-term idea. Like make a bet on where bitcoin will be in a week or by the end of the month. Trade based on events like forks. If you just sell when things are going down you will get slaughtered. The fact that you already lost half of your capital should tell you that you are doing something wrong and need to be more disciplined.

Try just writing your trades down on a piece of paper instead of making them. Then analyze the results. See what ideas worked and which ideas didn't. Also, right down the trades you DIDN't make. Then analyze those the same way. If you learn where you were wrong you will be a much better trader in the long run.
romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:55:59 PM

It was my first time and had exactly the same experienced on trading, I thought it was easy to earn profit and I started buying Alts which ever caught my attention, that result to lost more than half of investment.

But now, I am more careful, and started to gain which I lost.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
Avdotiy

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:50:46 PM

2 months ago I bought some Bitcoin for 200$ and forgot about it. Then I bought more for 50 and started trading. I lost 30$ from that 50$.
Just dont trade all of your money before you are totally ready Smiley

darkywis

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:21:16 AM

I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital  Sad. Some coins are still in hold.
I just want to ask what can you give to me an advice or any learnings  about trading. I'm using bittrex.

Hello mate, my advice to you is that you should learn first the fundamental and technical analysis of candlestick charting and research the coins you wanted to trade. Trade only a little of your capital first for trial and error to analyze what strategy is the best for your trading.

OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:23:01 AM

The only tip you need is to not sell anything below what you paid for it. It's really that simple. Wait for the coin to regain the price you bought in at + a little extra.
Shanmatthew

Activity: 243

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:25:58 AM

Trading is good to earn coin very fastand lose very fast.but its too risky to compit to other people.but that 50% lose you have is a part of trading,make some learn to your past trades and think it what was wrong when the time you lose that.trader is always buy low and sell high.hold your emotion always.
filtyfrank251

Activity: 364

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:33:23 AM

Sorry for you but i think you should stop now and gain more experiences in trading then continue to do it. Keep chasing the lost will make you're losing more.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
ubeng07

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:47:42 AM

Hello mate, my advice to you is that you should learn first the fundamental and technical analysis of candlestick charting and research the coins you wanted to trade. Trade only a little of your capital first for trial and error to analyze what strategy is the best for your trading.

you will never understand the market on how des it moves if you are not making to research and study it cause we all know that it is hard to understand it and some are take the looses and failed just because they start in a way wherein they dont understand clearly the market.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:08:05 AM

The only tip you need is to not sell anything below what you paid for it. It's really that simple. Wait for the coin to regain the price you bought in at + a little extra.

Sometimes shit coins or bad coins will not recover back their losses so you should know which coins have a good future to hold them for a long term. For example, IOTA reached $1 couple of months back and went back to $0.3 range during the correction but I didn't sell them instead bought some more and today it is trading over $2. So it all depends on what kind of coins you're trading.
Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:34:20 AM

I think that is happen to all traders not only you experience that when am new on trading i lost almost my capital but in almost 5 months on trading i have recover my loses and i also get a profit. Just choose a good coins and hold it.
star19

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:51:54 AM

I'm see your massage it is very sad news you lose 50% but I'm sure you don't analysis coin market. I just suggested you if you want to make a profits you must analysis coin via coinmarketcap hope you can got a best result with your Trade
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:22:51 PM

1. You need to stop trading now.
2. You should trade demo until you have good and steady profit with demo then back to real trade.

Btw, which coins are still in hold? You hold buy ro sell trades?
Rather than trading demo immediately for a start, I will advise he should try to learn some basics about trading, some strategies and how to do some technical analysis first. The reason why a lot of traders are making a lot of money is because they made a decision to learn.

After learning, he can then try his hands on demo and he should also make sure he trades on demo with the exact amount he wants to start with in real life.
peach56

Activity: 167
Merit: 59

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:33:48 PM

i have actually read some demo accounts can actually be manipulated so you should be careful. I always started out doing smaller trades back at the start and correlating data to actually work out wha the best times statistically were to go and trade.

viralz

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:48:56 PM

Hang on, it is common.
It is a risk of trading.

You ll like it later.
Just HODL
Grossthschild

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:17:15 PM

It is okay,
You dont lose 60%, only 50%
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: