Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:33:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Already lost 50% of my capital  (Read 7156 times)
Borisb52

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:32:37 PM

My advice: get training from a practicing trader. If you trade yourself without training, then it is possible to lose all your capital. Learning yourself is not a good option. It was better to pay the lost money for training to trading.
phutakami

Activity: 47
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:38:18 PM

Investing and losses is a very normal thing when starting the crypto market. When I first started in this market I lost 75% of my capital, I felt very scared but then I got back the capital and made a profit from high profit projects.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:41:42 PM

I lost around 90% of my profits since july because I bagheld certain coins too long so I understand your loss. Luckily some are beginning to go up and some will start earning me revenues. I have learnt my lesson though and this is what I advise you to do. Try to do some arbitrage trading where you are guaranteed either to make more ETH OR BTC and still end up holding the same number of coins you are trading, or if you want to grow a specific coin count, do arbitrage to up your coin bags.

I also now would sell at first ATH a new coin as you get it, then buy the same or bigger amount in the dip, that way you offset losing from dumpers. Nothing is set in stone and you need to find what works best for you. I would also invest in coins/tokens that really show promise in the future, not just pump and dump schemes. DON'T FOLLOW PUMP GROUPS, that's a bad idea.  Wink

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
spartacuspro12

Activity: 85

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:54:04 PM

Hello guys. I just want to ask for your opinion or an advice.
I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital  Sad. Some coins are still in hold.
I just want to ask what can you give to me an advice or any learnings  about trading. I'm using bittrex.

Just hold the coins for atleast a year.
DennisStoff

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:55:24 PM

whatever the reason, you must ready for the worst risk in trading,, just give you one advice, dont hold altcoin for long term,, and when you make sell order, use stop loss to avoid much loss..
null-zero-sum

Activity: 89
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 12:59:36 PM

I am building up a longtime portfolio of a mixed bag of crypto. After that I will experiment on trading for real but need the foundation.

ALL COINS!! ONE PLATFORM! BEST PRICES!
The number 1 aggregator of crypto liquidity where you can trade over 10,000 cross rates in one place!
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:51:34 PM

I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital  Sad. Some coins are still in hold.
I just want to ask what can you give to me an advice or any learnings  about trading. I'm using bittrex.

I was in the same scenario of yours and I am also down quite a lot at the moment in my trades in terms of satoshi valuation. I am in profit in terms of USD though. We actually got into crypto trading at a very bad period everything was at a peak that time and we bought at high. so now as you have not mentioned the coins you invested I would suggest the strategy which I used. I have averaged out my losses by buying more at dips of the coins which I was holding and is confident about. that way you can average out your losses and maybe earn some profit too.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:02:00 PM

I was in the same scenario of yours and I am also down quite a lot at the moment in my trades in terms of satoshi valuation. I am in profit in terms of USD though. We actually got into crypto trading at a very bad period everything was at a peak that time and we bought at high. so now as you have not mentioned the coins you invested I would suggest the strategy which I used. I have averaged out my losses by buying more at dips of the coins which I was holding and is confident about. that way you can average out your losses and maybe earn some profit too.

As you aid the lost capital can be earned back if you pick the correct coin for trading,I suggest you to do trade altcoins as well as the bitcoin which cut out the losses if some coin price fall,and mostly invest on bitcoin trading because the price of bitcoin keeps increasing so it will give you profit if we can calculate through USD.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
EtherATM

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:04:03 PM

When i just started trading i was lost 80% my capital with Siacoin and Bitshare and i think the best way to improve trading skill is learn technical analysis simultaneously we also need to join trading community to learn experience of trader before
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:32:24 PM

The best advice that I could give you is that, you should be patient because trading is not simple and it is risky. That is why you should keep an eye on the news and you should keep an eye on prices. Buy low and sell high, avoid following what others are telling you because it is your money, make your own judgement when trading.
It is not at all and most times, newbie traders are always busy looking for the quick profit. Everything in the trading world requires some patience most especially when you have made the mistake of taking the best decision in the first place. Nothing lasts forever and the 50% loss may end up being a 50% profit tomorrow.

I remember buying into cardano some few days back and man, that was some huge cash that flowed in. The good thing about trading is that, if you know what you are doing, you can hardly make the wrong call, and even if you make the wrong call, you will get out before you even know it.
Keptone

Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:44:08 PM

It happens, it would happen, if it doesn't you will lost hard and hangover.
Keptone

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:47:18 PM

Now that you quickly realized you had lost 50% of capital, I suggests you should quit trading at the moments and go back to the basics or reading,learn and discovery. Then after you are good at identifying coins with poor and great features then you can resume trading...

I bet you would start winning big.
sadasa

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:30:51 PM

ouch man been there, the best thing you can do is rework your strat, dont let emotions play and just keep building up your stash by using rational, corrective logic and trend analysis.

B2

BitDouble.io

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
yanlap

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:31:52 PM

1. You need to stop trading now.
2. You should trade demo until you have good and steady profit with demo then back to real trade.

Btw, which coins are still in hold? You hold buy ro sell trades?
Rather than trading demo immediately for a start, I will advise he should try to learn some basics about trading, some strategies and how to do some technical analysis first. The reason why a lot of traders are making a lot of money is because they made a decision to learn.

After learning, he can then try his hands on demo and he should also make sure he trades on demo with the exact amount he wants to start with in real life.
If you will jump into water without having any know how about how to swim, then you will for sure drown in water. Same is the case when it comes to trading. Knowledge is the most important thing which you do need to have before even thinking about 6rading. Otherwise, the results will not be that much different than what you are experiencing right now. So you do need to have some good knowledge about anything which you want to do.
ekolet

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:33:40 PM

Noone except a minority can beat "long btc" strategy over the long run. I know you won the lottery by buying a hypecoin but that does not make you a trader. Do not daytrade.
millensharon8

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:35:30 PM

The only advice anyone can give you is what you have already given yourself which is to learn. There is nothing anyone can tell you here that can make you gain that knowledge unless you go online, do some research, find out how you can do technical analysis, and then start all over again. For now, you just need to pause any trading activity you are doing and get that done first.

sharted

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:01:44 PM

ouch man been there, the best thing you can do is rework your strat, dont let emotions play and just keep building up your stash by using rational, corrective logic and trend analysis.

All the traders of bitcoin will not come to know about bitcoin with out the loss in trading.By the you may lose your investing,but won't lose the hope .Even if you invest now means you will  get the lost bitcoin.

macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:19:25 PM

Maybe you should stop trading for a while. Trading needs a lot of patience and you should not be hot-headed when you are in the trading business. Your loss indicates your incapability of handling situations and money. Maybe you are not YET ready. Cool down first and try to compensate all your loss by the means of other job.

babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:36:36 PM

Cryptocurrency is a very vast and fast market! It appear to me that you were not flipping your trade like you should. Your strategy should be clear! If you are holding for long term you should be in bitcoin. Altcoin trade is for short term and sometime you could opt out as a result of your stop loss!
btcone111

Activity: 266
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:40:45 PM

May I ask how exactly did you lose 50% of your capital?
We are currently experiencing one of the biggest bull market in history!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: