Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:21:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Already lost 50% of my capital  (Read 7156 times)
cryptonoob312

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:36:12 PM

Trading is a very risky thing. If you are not really into it, you'd better choose mining. It's way slower and less profitable, but it's a stable source of income with no risks. Only thing that is needed are investments in hardware, but you cannot lose them.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:08:30 PM

Before you enter into trading, I believe you are aware that there is bound to having loss but looking at your own lost, you already loss half of your capital, I believe somethings might have triggered it . Things like; you are not really good in trading or that you do not research or monitor the coins you invested on.

Well, my opinion is that selling them off will not be a good decision neither will quitting be. I suggest you should look or invest into another coin which you have monitored well but if you still insist on investing on the coins you perviously traded on then buy more of it. And also want to add, i don't think been on Bittrex contributed to your loss.

Most people don't realize that losing capital is the part of trading and quiting  is the real loss. If you dont quit , you have a chance to cover up your loss.I think you should reconsider your option of quiting trading and try to re-unite again and try to cover up your loses with the remaining 50% of the capital left.
Celebrity

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:25:31 PM

Before you enter into trading, I believe you are aware that there is bound to having loss but looking at your own lost, you already loss half of your capital, I believe somethings might have triggered it . Things like; you are not really good in trading or that you do not research or monitor the coins you invested on.

Well, my opinion is that selling them off will not be a good decision neither will quitting be. I suggest you should look or invest into another coin which you have monitored well but if you still insist on investing on the coins you perviously traded on then buy more of it. And also want to add, i don't think been on Bittrex contributed to your loss.

Most people don't realize that losing capital is the part of trading and quiting  is the real loss. If you dont quit , you have a chance to cover up your loss.I think you should reconsider your option of quiting trading and try to re-unite again and try to cover up your loses with the remaining 50% of the capital left.

Yeah it's the part of this business. One day, you lose, other day you recover your loss with your held coins. This is how the market works. It works in reversible ways, loss is reversible anytime. Recovering is always possible.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:46:43 PM

Trading is a very risky thing. If you are not really into it, you'd better choose mining. It's way slower and less profitable, but it's a stable source of income with no risks. Only thing that is needed are investments in hardware, but you cannot lose them.
trading is very risky. it is therefore advisable to trade using the money you are ready to lose. because if not sepwrti it. you will always be overshadowed by worry. it is worth it if you want to use mining as another option for you to get botcoin
Rhaizan

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:51:56 PM

Hello guys. I just want to ask for your opinion or an advice.
I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital  Sad. Some coins are still in hold.
I just want to ask what can you give to me an advice or any learnings  about trading. I'm using bittrex.

I suggest you that be careful to your move, trading is very risky that's why we need to know first about the potential of the coin you want to hold. We need to be careful if wr don't want to lose our money. Goodluck to your next moves in trading.
arthotdog

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:31:55 PM

I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital  Sad. Some coins are still in hold.
I just want to ask what can you give to me an advice or any learnings  about trading. I'm using bittrex.

I suggest you that be careful to your move, trading is very risky that's why we need to know first about the potential of the coin you want to hold. We need to be careful if wr don't want to lose our money. Goodluck to your next moves in trading.
OP doesnt loss 50% because he stlll holds some of the coins that might make some growth maybe tomorrow or the next after that..were talking about holding here and holding needs time and patience.thats what we must know
siguria

Activity: 90
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:44:08 PM

When I experience loss I never sell my coins, just wait for it to come to the buy price.
OPEXDECAPEX

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:44:41 PM

how long do you hold a new ICO coin if the price does not increase?
Partizanai

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:42:36 PM

how long do you hold a new ICO coin if the price does not increase?
it depends on the ico itself, if dev are delivering their promises i tend to keep ir till i get atleast x10
altGear

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

PRiVCY

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:45:02 AM

Join my CryptoSmart HUB Discord channel https://discord.gg/jyTXVWz where I posted (and pinned) the Crypto Trading 10 Commandments! That and other resources on there will help you out ALLOT! All are welcome Wink Cheers!

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Soksuci

Activity: 199

Mercy

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:00:53 AM

Wow you hodl since may and still loss 50% of your capital?

What coins do you hodl, because everything is going up now. Just wondering

Just cut loss and change you direction into more prospect coin like HTML and COLX. It will recover your loss easily Smiley
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:07:14 AM

Altcoin trading that paired with BTC really difficult because we should be analysis both price and should be full times to see the chart to know price action. By using stopp loss feature in Bittrex can be minimize the risk. Patient to get better price when buy any coin is one of the thing to make profit.
wagi

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:17:30 AM

I also lost 80% of my capital after joining the crypto for 2 months. I also started with Bittrex. But I trade the whole capital loss. Currently I have gained some capital and interest. My experience is that if you have large capital, please trade on sites such as Bittrex, Poloniex ... If your capital is not large then you should trade on smaller sites like Cryptopia, Novaexchange, Coinexchange, Yobit, Hitbtc. These commercial pages have a small volume that is less affected by market fluctuations.

if you trade any altcoin on hitbtc where the volume less than bittrex, i think the fluctuation is not different between both exchange.
If the altcoin is listed in both exchange then the fluctuation is the same. The price is not much different between exchanger.
If the fluctuation of the price between exchange is different, it will make the price range also different, so this is the time for trader to do arbitrage strategy then the price and fluctuation finally the same.
maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:08:41 AM

Altcoin trading that paired with BTC really difficult because we should be analysis both price and should be full times to see the chart to know price action. By using stopp loss feature in Bittrex can be minimize the risk. Patient to get better price when buy any coin is one of the thing to make profit.

using stop-loss feature is one solution for us to minimize the risk but we still need to analyze how far the price will it decrease so we can cut loss our coin and avoid a big loss. sometimes I use this feature too but it is just if I feel that the price wants to go deep but in the other time, I do not use this feature because if the price is down, I can buy more so I can have the various price and I can sell it at a high price. but in your case, if you already lost 50% of your capital, then you have two option which is still held or cut loss your coins but not sell all of your coins because I am sure the price will be back to increase.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ApocalypseNow

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:09:28 AM

It's better to hold and I think that this time you have recover that 50% and gain a bit more if you just keep holding. And stay away from bittrex because I have a feeling that one day they will just vanish with all you coins.
GavenJack

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:14:46 AM

In trading there are only 2 ways of analysis technical and fundamental. What are you selling? If you are rushing from one thing to another because of an emotional impulse, You will lose 50% or more. If there is news affecting the market, trade fundamental analysis, there is no news, according to the technique, it's simple

clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:27:13 AM

trading is very risky. it is therefore advisable to trade using the money you are ready to lose. because if not sepwrti it. you will always be overshadowed by worry. it is worth it if you want to use mining as another option for you to get botcoin

I fully agree with you, because when you lose then its easy to move on if ever. Me too expereinced more then 50% losses, but I just hold and wait for I know the token I am holding has solid foundation and technology behind. If you  are not used with the market, you might lose further if you sell unless if you buy back on lower price that might happen.

Open for Campaigns
Omnia Vanitas

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:29:22 AM

Well, in the meanwhile someone loses 50%, there are others that earn 100%!
This is trading: high rick, high opportunities.
If you don't like it, better invest in mutual funds...
cryptojaani

Activity: 252
Merit: 71

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:43:29 AM

I think you always have to believe in the coin you invest. Do your proper research before investing to gain more profit and then stuck to your investment untill you reach your desire profit or price of that specific coin.If you buy a good coin then it is not a loss unless you have sold the coins. I suggest you can lower the average price down by buying more stuff and keep the price a few back. But it all depends on what kind of currency you are trading.
Pedro18 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:08:07 AM

Thank you everyone, I love reading your opinion/advice. Now I slowly recovering from the loss. Hope everyone will be brave and strong in term like this, like market is getting crushed everytime. We should know to make our own decision for our own good.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: