Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:42:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lightning Bitcoin *NEW FORK DECEMBER* LMAO  (Read 1213 times)
VarDiff

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:40:32 AM

Prediction alert:

When people will be totally tired of Bitcoin forks — some guy will invent forking of Dash, Monero, Litecoin (or any other coin with price higher than $100)
Why not? Easy money from the air. Rich guys (Bitcoin holders) will become even richer, poor guys without any BTC will become poorer.

There is no sense, there is no justice. Welcome to the crypto madness.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Silenox

Activity: 546
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:49:20 AM

Forks, forks everywhere, but after Bitcoin Gold worth more than 5 billion I think there's still time to stop this money-making craze.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:14:23 PM

After Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Diamond and Super Bitcoin, another forked-coin Lightning Bitcoin is coming on the way. Initiated by an European team, Lightning, the project will become the first forked-coin that adopts the DPOS consensus mechanism.

Are you guys ready for the YEAR OF THE FORKS IN 2018? A new fork every month until ......?

Fork at Block 499,999
The new project Lightning Bitcoin (LBTC) will fork at block 499,999 on or around December 23, 2017. Why lightning? The team aims to make Bitcoin transfers as fast as lightning, or at a maximum of 24 million transactions a day. How can that happen? The answer is the DPOS mechanism, according to the project’s proponents.

The POW mechanism has long been discussed as the cause of mining centralization and network congestion. Daniel Larimer, author of Delegated Proof-of-Stake Whitepaper explained that miner tycoons control block time to maximize their interests, which will ultimately along with all POW systems be controlled by the fiat system. As such, the Lightning team employs DPOS mechanism that gives voting rights to token holders to avoid control of the system by any party. According to its official website,

Who is Behind the Project?
The First DPOS Hard Fork Lightning Bitcoin is on the Way
Jack Zhang
The project hasn’t revealed its development team today, except for the Chinese community leader “Jack Zhang”. But on its website we can see that they already got support from exchanges CEX.io, BTCC, gate.io and Coldlar wallet.

The Initial Coin Offering Craze
Since Bitcoin Cash came out, Initial Fork Offerings have become a trendy way for new blockchain projects to receive funding. Now we have witnessed the success of Bitcoin Gold(BTG) and Bitcoin Diamond(BCD). Despite concerns about its security problems, BTG ranks in the top 5 for market cap. And the newcomer BCD has been listed at over 30 exchanges worldwide. With these successful examples, there will be more projects bearing the name of Bitcoin to save listing and advertising fees.

Will the Initial Coin and Fork Offerings evolve to Infinite Offerings? How will it impact Bitcoin? Leave your thoughts on the comments section below.
https://news.bitcoin.com/the-first-dpos-hard-fork-lightning-bitcoin-is-on-the-way/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications

Seeing so many forks lined up for bitcoin in the coming year, i think it will be a really eventful year in terms of bitcoins prices. Without going in the technicality of these forks, one thing is for sure that these forks will give free coins and bitcoin will be pumped heavily before these forks and then dumped. So if someone is intelligent enough, he can earn a good lot of money by this up and down movements of bitcoins.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:33:56 PM

It would be great if people would just dump these forks to put others off from creating them. However, there is profit involved so i guess there will more to come. Maybe i should create bitcoin thunder before someone else does  Cheesy

alko89

Activity: 150
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:01:55 PM

It would be great if people would just dump these forks to put others off from creating them. However, there is profit involved so i guess there will more to come. Maybe i should create bitcoin thunder before someone else does  Cheesy

and I'll make a fork of your fork and call it Bitcoin Thunderbolt Tongue
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1156

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:08:13 AM

Honestly, when this whole fork started, I knew it would end up being a joke at the end and then we will see some dumb ass devs and scammers trying to use the fork medium to enrich their pockets. If you want to have a coin that would be as fast as lightening, why not just go try to create a new one and start afresh.

This is just becoming appalling and honestly, users need to start discarding these forks and if not for some stupid exchanges like Yobit that would end up listing them, they should not even be allowed. People should learn to let the devs keep bag holding their shitcoins for themselves.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:45:40 AM

These forks start to be a bit boring. I do not want to accuse of spread FUD but this looks to me like riding the wave of Bitcoin Cash success recently. Is there a real life use case for the new fork? It is the question worth asking.
Hodll

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:26:41 AM

I wonder if this forks are farce or not. Still Bitcoin seems to get stronger with every fork and more people get free coins. This could be the reason why Bitcoins demand is so high despite the teething issues. Simple create a fork every month give free coins and send Bitcoins price to the moon a very clever and effective idea. Who doesn't like free money?
AidenCasanova

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:31:06 AM

i think it will be a new trend in crypto... and i'm getting tired to follow the news of the fork
creating a new crypto from zero is too tired and need big finance to promote it
since bitcoincash, much fork will come
too much crypto is not good enough for BTC price but it will help blockchain technologi to improve
every new fork always claim to be faster and better than BTC
but for some investor, BTC is just good enough
so free coin then for us

goldencrowboss007

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:34:59 AM

if I knew a month for 2 fork will be held. Generally would not buy altcoins. Price now in the sky but still x2 income bring ppl were.
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:41:39 AM

I don't see a real usefulness behind these forks , if bitcoin cash had some success, this doesn't mean that it will be the same for newer forks , and what hurts me more is an article which I read few days ago predicting an excessive forks number in 2018 ( around 1000 forks which means another 1k shitcoins  Angry
subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:41:52 AM

Seriously, Lightning Bitcoin?  What's next?  Thunder Bitcoin?  Hurricane Bitcoin?  Let's just start using every word in the dictionary and add "bitcoin" behind it.  All these forks will end up making people who are not familiar with cryptocurrencies think it's a joke.  Too bad it isn't possible to ban bitcoin forks or I would fully support it.  
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:43:26 AM

We all know that bitcoin has still a lot more room for improvements like lower transaction fees and faster transaction speed. Forking on the other hand tried to attempt the fix but all of them had failed of what is the real purpose of fork. Fork was totally abused and it is the new milking cows of the whales, so we just ride on for the money from thin air. Nothing really last long with the fork and it makes the real bitcoin more valuable.
Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:31:55 PM

Oh my God! I am started seriously thinking that there is something very strange going with Bitcoin — too many forks is a signal that this crypto needs some changes.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:35:21 PM

This is just getting ridiculous. These people just see Bitcoin Cash having some value to it and they're jumping on the damn fork train. This shit is going to die down so fast. I'm going to be selling it as soon as I claim it.

There's nothing wrong with that. As long as the forks are not using SHA256 (like BCash) then they are not enemies, but experiments, which may be interesting, or may be totally retarded and pointless. But the point is, they are not competition for Bitcoin, they are not trying to call themselves Bitcoin, so let's enjoy the free dividends as real Bitcoin holders. Im up so much just by holding Bitcoin and receiving these forks, I welcome them with open arms. Fork it a billion times if you want, it will only make Bitcoin more valuable (the real one, forks will never get anywhere close to #1 spot. BCash is just a artificially pumped.
fusepay

Activity: 80

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:48:14 PM

There will be no end of these forks, as long as there are people that do, advances will be made. Perhaps we will have some filters in the future to syphon out these weedy and sometimes scamful coins.
Sccit

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:47:59 AM

CONSIDERING I MISSED THE LAST 2 .. FORK THAT ISH HOMIE
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:17:36 AM

I think 2018 will be the year of the forks, 1 fork a month until every fork is worthless an bitcoin is 100K
It would only end up being year of forks if we make them relevant now. If crypto users see all these irrelevant forks as some shit that they are, no one should even bother buying them or trading them. It is just painful that they will end up getting some exchanges like Yobit or HitBTC to list them since they are shitty exchanges anyway, otherwise, if we do not start discarding these guys, this nonsense of an unnecessary fork will not stop.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:20:16 PM

This is just getting ridiculous. These people just see Bitcoin Cash having some value to it and they're jumping on the damn fork train. This shit is going to die down so fast. I'm going to be selling it as soon as I claim it.
Ridiculous is an understatement. The last time I checked, forks were meant to make the system better not to start being anything anyone would just wake up one day, then decide, it is time I get my pockets filled up, let me drop a fork announcement. This is just a joke as far as I am concerned and any fork that does not make any sense should be considered as shit because that is the only way bullshits like this can be stopped.
TheReverseTrader

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:14:14 PM

Will this be listed anywhere? I need to clam and dump this lbtc fast
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: