Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:27:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why you shouldnt be shorting  (Read 1130 times)
XFlowZion

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:08:13 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 02:19:14 AM by XFlowZion

I see a lot of people are interested in shorting, however I would advise against it. The market is acting irrational, and people are investing in obvious "shit coins". Shorting a coin that you think is over evaluated is not a good idea, because it can continue to be over evaluated, tons of people are investing in awful coins that have NO utility. So even if you are right, you are playing a dangerous game and when you factor in risk management it likely isn't a good idea. Thoughts?

I agree. I remember that I have invested many times in shitcoins just because I see them very alive in the marketcap and always on the top 30 gainers but now I'm smarter than before but shorting is still good as long as it's a decent coin.
TonixGaming_14

Activity: 329

AGATE

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:23:07 AM

Shorting requires you to join a platform that allows margin trading and deposit some bitcoin or whatever coin you want to short into your account as collateral.Some platforms like bitfinex offer leverage at 1:3 or more but be warned keep that margin trading can generate much larger losses than traditional trading. Although there are margin call limits in place in most cases, it does not mean that you cant lose more money than you actually have in your account.

i found this in google what sorting is,now i know how it works.

Lots of people short in the stock market, and then moved it to crypto currency. However right now since we are still extremely early I would recommend to not short for the above reasons.
Yes it's true many people moved to cryptocurrency because it fast in transaction, However there are many reason to not short in trading and depositing in bitcoin. 

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5015

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:43:47 AM

So your saying we should be longing? Tongue

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Alerter

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:57:35 AM

I see a lot of people are interested in shorting, however I would advise against it. The market is acting irrational, and people are investing in obvious "shit coins". Shorting a coin that you think is over evaluated is not a good idea, because it can continue to be over evaluated, tons of people are investing in awful coins that have NO utility. So even if you are right, you are playing a dangerous game and when you factor in risk management it likely isn't a good idea. Thoughts?
Agree. Simply saying, don't go against the market. The market is actively growing, all price drops we have seen so far are just corrections.
q835197677

Activity: 189
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:07:28 AM

For the moment, I'm not suggesting shorting because the bull market is still going to continue, and no one should give up this opportunity, be it bitcoin or altcoin.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5015

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:08:39 AM

Agree. Simply saying, don't go against the market. The market is actively growing, all price drops we have seen so far are just corrections.

Profit Taking, corrections to come.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:16:33 AM

Why not earn on margin trading and shorting bitcoin when i know it will go down for sure,its a way for me to earn even on the price fall out like we had after futures as everyone knew that price will go down and they just stand and watch while they lose money...Yes margin trading isnt for everyone but when you learn how it works its a good way to earn on price action
IfixTchenTchen

Activity: 149
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:51:15 PM

Shorting in cryptos is not like shorting in stock markets, because fundamentals in cryptos are almost non existent and shorting becomes a pure gamble, much more risky IMHO.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 04:39:17 PM

Shorting in cryptos is not like shorting in stock markets, because fundamentals in cryptos are almost non existent and shorting becomes a pure gamble, much more risky IMHO.

Yes I agree, it doesn't make much sense to do so. I see a lot of people talking about it, and thinking they understand how it works when in reality they dont.

Positivebetting
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 03:07:36 PM

Does anyone here actually margin trade? If you dont, I would urge you to take the course in the OP ( I created it ) to test your knowledge of it. 100% free

Positivebetting
Rudementry

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:48:38 PM

Yes, this is a useful reference for learning. But do all people really want to learn? Who thinks logically and wants to first study the topic / market, and only then invest, they will find a lot of information in Internet for training. But more than half of people do not want to know anything, understand, teach. They want easy money. They went to the site, they liked the pictures, they saw a bonus of + 50%. And it's all. Many of this is enough to give money to scammers. This is ICO, a similar situation on stock exchanges. They saw growth, bought in the hope that the growth will continue and lost, as a decline. Then these same people will shout that the world is cryptocurrency is a bubble.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 12:06:23 AM

Yes, this is a useful reference for learning. But do all people really want to learn? Who thinks logically and wants to first study the topic / market, and only then invest, they will find a lot of information in Internet for training. But more than half of people do not want to know anything, understand, teach. They want easy money. They went to the site, they liked the pictures, they saw a bonus of + 50%. And it's all. Many of this is enough to give money to scammers. This is ICO, a similar situation on stock exchanges. They saw growth, bought in the hope that the growth will continue and lost, as a decline. Then these same people will shout that the world is cryptocurrency is a bubble.

You should have knowledge of marginal trading if you are into investing. It isnt something a beginner should get into, but it is useful if you are experienced. As cryptocurrency grows and becomes a little more "stabilized" it will get popular. There will always be people who want quick money, which is why there will be losers in the market. You cant make money if someone isnt losing money.

Positivebetting
zhangcaisbsbn55

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:09:53 AM

I don't think all shorting is bad. It depends on what you are holding. If you know clearly that the coin will go down quickly, you'd better dump it in a short term. So it all deoends.

LancelotRay

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 10:12:04 AM

If you dont understand marginal trading, check out my Medium Post: /ijC5NT]Understanding Marginal Trading.

Hey, OP!

Thanks for sharing. It was a very interesting article.
Kenjuxa

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:14:22 AM

Holding those coins which can be dumped is not a best option, shorting of coins that don't have community support is best.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 04:44:31 PM

I don't think all shorting is bad. It depends on what you are holding. If you know clearly that the coin will go down quickly, you'd better dump it in a short term. So it all deoends.

Of course it depends on the exact situation, but in cryptocurrency even if you are profiting you are making a mistake. Kinda like how people read charts and make triangles, 20% that is likely skill while the other 80% is bs.

Hey, OP!

Thanks for sharing. It was a very interesting article.

Thanks I appreciate it Smiley If you have a medium account make sure to follow, or bookmark my articles for more!

Holding those coins which can be dumped is not a best option, shorting of coins that don't have community support is best.

Which is why you should only be buying good coins, and make intelligent investments. You dont have to "hodl" which isnt even a good strategy. However you can hold it until something changes in the news, market,road map etc that would lead you to believe in a drop.

Positivebetting
DirtyJohnny

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:45:15 PM

Totally agree, with shorting you can always miss the train and great chance to be on it.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 06:10:42 PM

Totally agree, with shorting you can always miss the train and great chance to be on it.

I wouldnt even try and marginal trade with cryptocurrency period right now, way to hyper and way to many shit coins like Bitconnect are still running.

Positivebetting
Quantumplation

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:14:10 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2021, 12:51:55 AM by Quantumplation

NOTE: This message was originally not posted by me, but instead by someone who compromised my account.  I have deleted the content.

NOTE: This account was compromised from 2017 to 2021.  I'm in the process of deleting posts not made by me.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 06:29:41 AM

Holding it for a very short time is only going to cause problems with the investment. Just keep the coins and be happy is what I say.

This can be very true yes.

Positivebetting
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: