Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:07:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why you shouldnt be shorting  (Read 1121 times)
TWW

Activity: 1456
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 09:14:20 AM

I think that spot is more suitable for investors, and leverage is too risky, which may cause investors to go bankrupt in an instant, so this is why I don't choose leverage trading. I hope that novices will not participate in leveraged trading.
trading always has risks. what you say is true because that can cause investors to lose money very quickly. but if they get a profit they can also get a very large amount of trade. all depends on how we can deal with the risks that exist.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 09:29:40 AM

Shorting is risky and dangerous but holding your coins on a bearish market is even more risky. In fact the whole crypto investing is risky.. Shorting your coins help you to save the value of your coins if you are doing it smart.
Big risk, big profit, that's the law. You are right, the risk can be reduced by good analytical techniques and strategies. If we understand some indicators to analyze price movements so that we get the right position and timing, it's a gift.

moneyvolutions.com
Copper Member

Activity: 97
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 09:47:09 AM

If you dont understand marginal trading, check out my Medium Post: Understanding Marginal Trading.

I see a lot of people are interested in shorting, however I would advise against it. The market is acting irrational, and people are investing in obvious "shit coins". Shorting a coin that you think is over evaluated is not a good idea, because it can continue to be over evaluated, tons of people are investing in awful coins that have NO utility. So even if you are right, you are playing a dangerous game and when you factor in risk management it likely isn't a good idea. Thoughts?
I prefer to use the stop-loss feature rather than margin, because it is more risky. But I highly recommend to using margins if you are able to analyze the graphic chart accurately. This feature is also very helpful for traders who don't have a lot of capital, because your capital will be multiplied.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4896

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 07:24:16 AM

Well this topic didn't age well did it? Cheesy

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Rob768

Activity: 324
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 01:37:46 PM

Cryptomarket is unpredictable. And I think it's really hard to know where the price will go. If you want to try margin trading, it's better to choose bitmex exchange but there are only several top altcoins on it
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2019, 01:55:28 PM

There is a time and place for everything but, I would not be shorting right now.
Yeah same here. I have been doing it but only the local exchanges will going to earn because of its huge transaction fee that reaches to 5% of the trade you will going to make and the fee's will not end on converting fiat money to crypto or crypto to fiat but also when you cash out money another fee's will be taken away from you. So there is no good in trading or marginal trading.
NEERAJ ANAND

Activity: 686
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 04:32:20 PM

Margin trading or shorting is not for small traders and I never suggest to try it as this market volatility is very big and you can lose all your money in one go. It is better that you can do some trading with strict stop losses.
doycku

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 05:10:48 PM

Margin trading or shorting is not for small traders and I never suggest to try it as this market volatility is very big and you can lose all your money in one go. It is better that you can do some trading with strict stop losses.
It seems to me that trading in the cryptocurrency market is less of a risk 3bl a healthy market situation. But today the risks are increasing several times, and it is better to wait a certain time and not risk your assets in vain.
gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 08:21:46 AM

aren't all coins in the crypto market dangerous? in the context of what you are talking about, we all even invest in a coin that is of no use at all. because coins do not have any use to buy anything and so far only spinning and trading in their own markets.
lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 03:52:07 PM

Here, it’s probably not quite profitable to short, because it makes sense to really say that the situations that form great opportunities in the market are work against the majority. That is, if most people think that Bitcoin will grow, it will fall.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: