Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:19:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Will Splinter Once More Into "Ethereum Casper" and "Ethereum"  (Read 274 times)
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:24:48 AM

A blog post equating Cryptocurrencies to contracts, and breach of contract almost always resulting in forks.

Evidence Provided:
ETH -> ETC
BCN -> XMR
XRP -> XLM
BTC -> BCH

Creating a cryptocurrency is similar to writing a contract (when it comes to the economics of such), and buying a cryptocurrency is like agreeing to that same contract. The contract is written in programming language, enforced by each node on the peer-to-peer network, and then it is further enforced by miners or stakeholders (depending on if it is a PoW or PoS cryptocurrency). Included in this contract are the stipulations on exactly how a cryptocurrency functions, and the economic realities of each cryptocurrency’s distinct ecosystem are defined within these stipulations.

Much more (along with other blog posts by yours truly  Kiss) here: https://www.decentralized.tech/blogs/economic-change-ethereum-will-splinter-once-more-into-ethereum-casper-and-ethereum

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:35:40 AM

It's interesting what will happen with the price on ETH and ETH Casper.

Miners will support the mining fork or will switch to BTG if it's more profitable.

ICOs will support POS ETH. At because their are holding enormous amounts of ETH.

My only hopes are to not screw both coins...
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:52:20 AM

It's interesting what will happen with the price on ETH and ETH Casper.

Miners will support the mining fork or will switch to BTG if it's more profitable.

ICOs will support POS ETH. At because their are holding enormous amounts of ETH.

My only hopes are to not screw both coins...

I think that Vitilak might have enough sway in the community to make "Ethereum Casper" the main Ethereum chain, and "Ethereum Classic v2" will be the less dominant chain.

ICOs will have stake in both forks, but most will probably stick with Vitalik. Some might stay on the "Ethereum Classic v2" fork though.

I think that the above is almost a certainty. What will be interesting to me is which chain will be more valuable? Ethereum Classic or "Ethereum Classic v2"Huh

I posit Ethereum Classic will be more valuable because it is the original chain and did not have a roll back. At the end of the day, Ethereum's value comes from "applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference." When the chain is rolled back, it kind of negates the selling point of running without third party interference.
d0r10n

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:31:31 AM

Cool little article, should be interesting to see where all the ICO's go, you're probably right and they'll go with Vitalik caus of his influence.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ░░▓▓ AXE Coin ▓▓░░   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  
Masternodes › › ›   ░░▓▓▓▓░░   ‹ ‹ ‹  X11 Algo
DecentralizedACTIVE GITHUBAnonymous
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:14:35 AM

Cool little article, should be interesting to see where all the ICO's go, you're probably right and they'll go with Vitalik caus of his influence.

Thanks! It will indeed be interesting.

I had another after thought:

I worry about what the move to PoS/Casper will do to the profitability of GPU mining. When the GPU miners that are mining Ethereum switch over to other chains, the difficulty for other chains will skyrocket. Expect profitability of GPU mining to go way down for at least several months after ETH switches over to Casper.

Some will give up on mining and sell their hardware because it will not be worth the time and energy, then profitability will eventually return to normal levels. If you eat the losses or break even for those months and wait can out the storm, it could prove much more lucrative than liquidating your hardware. Similar situations have occurred when $BTC and $LTC switched from GPU mining to ASIC mining, yet GPU mining is profitable today.

Things could get even uglier for GPU miners though if an overall $crypto bear market settles in around the same time $ETH switches over to Casper.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:17:28 AM

A blog post equating Cryptocurrencies to contracts, and breach of contract almost always resulting in forks.

Evidence Provided:
ETH -> ETC
BCN -> XMR
XRP -> XLM
BTC -> BCH

Creating a cryptocurrency is similar to writing a contract (when it comes to the economics of such), and buying a cryptocurrency is like agreeing to that same contract. The contract is written in programming language, enforced by each node on the peer-to-peer network, and then it is further enforced by miners or stakeholders (depending on if it is a PoW or PoS cryptocurrency). Included in this contract are the stipulations on exactly how a cryptocurrency functions, and the economic realities of each cryptocurrency’s distinct ecosystem are defined within these stipulations.

Much more (along with other blog posts by yours truly  Kiss) here: https://www.decentralized.tech/blogs/economic-change-ethereum-will-splinter-once-more-into-ethereum-casper-and-ethereum
Is this for real? OMG. i don't even understand about the casper will generate the more fork to the ethereum itself. But what about the ethereum itself? I think that if there will be another proof should be good too to give the more reliable sources about this. In my experience that the ethereum already forked around 5 times but the only dao that generates the forked coin.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:26:13 PM

Is this for real? OMG. i don't even understand about the casper will generate the more fork to the ethereum itself. But what about the ethereum itself? I think that if there will be another proof should be good too to give the more reliable sources about this. In my experience that the ethereum already forked around 5 times but the only dao that generates the forked coin.

Huh? This is the speculation subforum, and I am speculating about the future...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: