Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:50:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Passphrase not working on LTC Core wallet  (Read 296 times)
Nige12 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:32:42 AM

Hi all

I just bought a nano ledger S and in the process of sending my coins from ltc core to the ledger, core was not accepting my passphrase. It’s a 10 word passphrase that I copied and pasted when I created it to ensure I don’t make any typos. But now it’s saying incorrect passphrase. I’ve got 25 litecoin in there.. anyone know what I can do. I’ve got the passphrase it’s just not working so I’m not sure if it’s a letter wrong or something else is not working.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 04:08:21 AM

The only thing I can think of is maybe you didn't copy your passphrase when you think you did while creating the wallet, and used the last thing in your clipboard. How long ago did you create it? Have you ever unlocked the wallet with that passphrase before?
jnano

Activity: 301
Merit: 74

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 05:00:42 AM

Isn't it better to ask in Litecoin forum areas?
Unless Litecoin Core is known to behave exactly the same as Bitcoin Core.

Nige12 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:14:31 AM

Yes that’s what I was thinking unless when I copied it didn’t actually copy and instead pasted the last thing I copied. No idea what that could have been though.. it was back in September that I created the wallet. And also no I haven’t used the passphrase since I created it.

Saifher

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:16:39 AM

Are you sure you copied your passphrase exactly the way it was shown when it was created? Remember that some wallets might have case sensitive words (in case you havent thought about this yet). Also try to see if there are any blank spaces in the start or at the end of your copied passphrase.

cryptocrocs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:18:51 AM

You copied your passphrase wrong when you created your wallet,it should work if the phrase is right.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
coinictus24

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:39:43 AM

u must rember wrong passphrase!
if u do not save your wallets private key,there is no way to recover your accounts!
Nige12 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:32:35 AM

Thanks everyone. Looks like I’m officially screwes then.
hujanderas

Activity: 132

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:19:49 AM

in my opinion, the only thing I can think of is maybe you did not save your passphrase when you were thinking about making a new wallet, and using the last thing on your clipboard.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: