Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:30:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Setting up BTCMiner for FPGA FPGA Module 1.15y?  (Read 972 times)
objectnotfound (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:08:41 AM

So I like to think I'm pretty technically proficient, but my Linux skills are lacking ever since I started using OSX.

I'm running Ubuntu off a thumbdrive on an iMac, and I bought one of these FPGA boards thinking I can figure it out, but I'm totally lost. Is there a step-by-step anywhere where I can figure out what the hell I'm supposed to be doing?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
objectnotfound (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:50:18 PM

Buppity bump
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:38:45 PM

You have 2 options:

Use Ztex own miner (Java based, libusb driver provided by Ztex) or use any other miner that is aviable here.

Use the search function firs to find out what to do. If you have specific questions just ask Smiley

It realy isnt that hard to do. A bit tricky but if you follow the Ztex how-to you should get them running in no time!

Zanatos666

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:12:50 PM

Almost might think about getting a Raspberry Pi.  Can download a custom OS like Raspian or Minepeon and run them off that (with a powered hub of course) and use either CGMiner or BFGMiner.

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
objectnotfound (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:15:30 PM

I tried running the ZTEX miner, how do you load the libusb driver? Are the LEDs on the board supposed to come on right when it's plugged in?
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:47:08 PM

If you plug it in all four LEDs are on (Green) on config they are turned of.

Try to tell us what you did exactly and where you are hanging?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: