Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:23:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Startup problems with new Antminer D3  (Read 415 times)
asflyboy (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:03:10 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2017, 04:44:54 AM by asflyboy

I purchased a new Antminer D3 on ebay.  I purchased a new Bitmain APW3++ PSU.  All power cables connected per Bitmain's manual.

When it starts the fan is at low speed.  After about 30 seconds it starts running at high speed.  The web interface only works when the fan is running at high speed.  It cycles from low to high speed about every 30-45 seconds.  The status page shows nothing in any of the fields.  The "normal" light and all the other lights on top of the Antminer are blank.  

The Overview page has the following under hardware version:  Socket connect failed: Connection refused

I have let it run cycling like this for over a half hour.  I'm not sure how to proceed.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DudeNamedSteve

Activity: 107

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:46:15 AM

I purchased a new Antminer D3 on ebay.  I purchased a new Bitmain APW3++ PSU.  All power cables connected per Bitmain's manual.

When it starts the fan is at low speed.  After about 30 seconds it starts running at high speed.  The web interface only works when the fan is running at high speed.  It cycles from low to high speed about every 30-45 seconds.  The status page shows nothing in any of the fields.  The "normal" light and all the other lights on top of the Antminer are blank.  

The Overview page has the following under hardware version:  Socket connect failed: Connection refused

I have let it run cycling like this for over a half hour.  I'm not sure how to proceed.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

One of mine is bad also, I think. A buddy had a similar issue and self resolved through a few power cycles. Also the reset button.
Of course, makesure firmware is updated. I saw that error and it went away with power cycle and letting it run for 10min.

Lastly, they do this. Rev the fan. Make sure you wait five minutes each attempt.
Good luck! Keep us posted!
Patriot872

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 04:30:06 AM

To anyone with the Nov 20th-30th Batches ; we're having start up issues on these.
So far 9 machines all shut down about 1 minute into faster fan speed cycle ( 2.5 mins total from Power Up )

Considering going to the Bliss Bios / Opsys just checking to see if this is all miners in the entire batch,
or are we just the luck ones here - not really looking forward to reflashing 30 machines.

Any input welcome, and i'm very familiar with Bitmain Units always been solid for us here.

bitDad13

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:45:20 AM

check your internet cable or internet connection!
asflyboy (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:29:15 PM

I found another thread that dealt with:

Socket connect failed: Connection refused

One suggestion was to start the machine with just one board hooked up.  I did that and it finally ran without rebooting.  I then tried each board independently.  It would run with each one.  I then noticed that the power cable to the PSU was quite hot. I found another one laying around that was heavier gauge.

Finally I hooked up all three boards again and crossed my fingers.  It started and no more rebooting.  It has been running now for the last 14 hours.  So far so good.
Jordan23

Activity: 382
Merit: 311

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:58:38 PM

I've had the same problem before. I do not remember how I survived this problem, but if you change your internet connection cable, I'm sure there will be no such problem.
supermariocoin1

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:48:19 AM

Did you finally solve the problem? Smiley

I had similar issues and even when I could not imagine - changing LAN-cable helped to cope with the error "socket connection"...
Despite this I can recommend to update the latest firmware or even search for custom-firmware here in BT as there are a lot of
problems with the D3 miner (xxxx after some time, only 1-2 boards shown while mining).

Best regards
DudeNamedSteve

Activity: 107

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:39:08 AM

Hey all,

So I had this issue last night.
Got a replacment hash board after miner would never work with IP config.
At first, 0 hash, page was blank. Socket error listed in the thread.

Found a post to cycle network settings. Save settings over and over.
Also swapped PSU with my S9. Worked perfectly but rotating the PSU order has saved miners out of all steps.

Hope this helps. Oh also, reset button on the has board. Did that few times.
Working perfectly for 24 hours now, so don't loose hope!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: