Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:41:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Institutional Investors - will they enter in current price or look to crash?  (Read 284 times)
cau (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:16:00 AM

Of late, there are lot of news in mainstream media and news on Wall Street getting into BTC. More of a good news though, but still I am afraid if they will look to manipulate and crash the market just like what happened with recent China instance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
connesa

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:26:10 AM

Of late, there are lot of news in mainstream media and news on Wall Street getting into BTC. More of a good news though, but still I am afraid if they will look to manipulate and crash the market just like what happened with recent China instance.

crash in bitcoin is also possible more and more big investors wants to get into bitcoin,
the only way they can enter is to wait for the dip.
so we need to wait for that dip,well even that dip already come nothing to worry i guess.
bitcoin already prove that even how low it dump it will surely rise fast.
goodluck!
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1523

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 04:40:53 AM

Institutional investors will be able to make short bets on bitcoin, and they will, not always, but they will.

Recent rise has been insane, and this is an opportunity to create panic in the market because the higher market rises, the harder it falls.

There are many people investing in bitcoin just because of the returns. They don’t believe in it, they don’t know anything about it, they just want to get rich. Those same people will sell when there is a fall and FUD appears.

Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:47:23 AM

I doubt that they can crash bitcoin to its knees when there are a lot of investors coming across the globe. And the crash due to China was not as result of manipulation, they really have to dump bitcoin because their government is putting a hard stance on it.

As for manipulation, very difficult, it should be a coordinated attack. And for the institutional investors coming in, they are much very welcome to enter, they have a lot of cash to pour into the system which is good news but manipulations? I doubt that they can pull it that stunt.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:13:13 AM

As more and more big players are joining bitcoin i having doubts about them, manipulation can come when big players are group together.
This will surely hit the majority of people who are new to the investment and has only a small amount of money in bitcoin.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:32:26 AM

Institutional investors usually cause the crash because they dump on all of you while they make everything look fine and dandy.  The minute the whole market smells what's going on and dump themselves, it's always too late.

And I think some of those 'institutional' investors have already gotten in months ago.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:05:13 AM

Tere already were a plenty of reports about people asking their financial cunultants to add BTC to their investments so it is more than real that Institutional invetors enter thi market. The other thing is that BTC not at its top and those guys are supposed to be smart  so they won't do it at least before the price correction.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:06:02 AM

I doubt they will have the guts to short bitcoin right now.

And since there are not that many institutional investors that are currently holding a long position in bitcoin, it'll be quite quite difficult for them to try to "crash the market" by profit taking. Only way would be taking on short positions.

And that is risky as hell, as i've said. Price is growing so fast that if you tried to short BTC at $7k your position would have been long liquidated. It'll just create a short squeeze as that happens.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:16:30 AM

Remember the bankers can generate the more money as much as they can. And a lot of the money in the wall street can manipulate the bitcoin price. The bitcoin futures service will try to start its journey about the impact caused by the wallstreet adoption. This just about the matter of time until you will see the result.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: