Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 02:41:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Merging of Threads  (Read 154 times)
shamzblueworld (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 04:22:51 AM

Hi guys,
here is a suggestion to the staff and forum moderators: I see a lot of threads with the same question, and although sometimes its spam, mostly there are just new members who are actually new to this and hence ask the questions instead of looking for answers via search.
I also run a forum, though my niche is completely different, but I do face this issue a lot there.
So I tackle it like this: Instead of deleting the new thread, or telling the user that he should have used search instead of posting and this question has been posted before, I actually merge the new thread with the old one, by this, the user can go there and actually read all what he is supposedly looking for.

I think this makes the forum cleaner and also there are no repeating threads.

What do you guys think?
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1573

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:47:47 AM

A moderator replied to me in a similar thread:

That would have to be done manually and is a waste of time so I'm not going to bother merging them.

I asked because I know that this is done in other forums but it seems that moderators here are too busy with all the spam, so it doesn’t seem that they are going to join them, especially because most of them are considered spam or low quality ones.

Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:33:19 AM

Agree that it is a good idea but also yes, it is time consuming. Everyday hundreds of topics are made with the same idea and questions. Merging them would not make any sense.
Suggesting that maybe there should be a bot that would alert anyone that would make a similar thread. If it is possible then I think many will be avoiding posting the same thread over and over again.
And allowing anyone to just update the same thread with new informations. Knowing that the origanal threads have already thousands of answers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: