Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:00:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can an American Use BTC Exchanges Outside the USA?  (Read 225 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1750
Merit: 186

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 05:00:04 AM

I'm an american but located outside the US.  I'm from a state in the US where most exchanges accept the state as its a very popular state.  However, im not there at the moment and in another country.

I know when i first signed up with coinbase a while back, i put my us information and it was fine.  I had connected a us bank account to it with no issue.

However, will i have issues registering or using sites such as

Bittrex
Gdax
Gemini

Because I"m outside the US?  Also i believe many sites ask you your country of residence.  Well if im in another country temporary, wouldn't that mean I still put US as my country of residence?  Since any documentation i send them will be that?  The other thing is i would be registering my account here outside the us.  I assume no issue here?
slyfox

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 05:23:13 AM

I'm an american but located outside the US.  I'm from a state in the US where most exchanges accept the state as its a very popular state.  However, im not there at the moment and in another country.

I know when i first signed up with coinbase a while back, i put my us information and it was fine.  I had connected a us bank account to it with no issue.

However, will i have issues registering or using sites such as

Bittrex
Gdax
Gemini

Because I"m outside the US?  Also i believe many sites ask you your country of residence.  Well if im in another country temporary, wouldn't that mean I still put US as my country of residence?  Since any documentation i send them will be that?  The other thing is i would be registering my account here outside the us.  I assume no issue here?
I'm not sure since I'm not an American myself but the policies of the US government has made that many banks and institution around the world do not want to deal with US citizens even some icos are stating they do not accept US citizens so I would say that it is unlikely it is going to happen.
StephenieDuong

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

—RUSHMOON — Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:22:19 AM

I think you can use bitcoin anywhere you want. Police dont have time to catch you for using few bitcoin or trading with small amount. Police just care about big company with lots of user. Wink

░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░
          ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░     ░░
        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░      ░░░░
     ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░ ░░░     ░░░
    ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░   ░▓▓▓░  ░░▓▓▓░
   ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░          ░▒░░ ░▒▓▓▓▓░░
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░            ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
  ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓░▓▓▓░░  ░░  ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓░░▒▓░ ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░░▓▓░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
    ░░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
     ░░▓▓░░ ▓▓░░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
   ░░▓░░░▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
 ░░▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
    ░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
  ░░▓▓░░░▒▓▓░░  ░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
 ░▓▓░   ░░░
RushMoon
Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC
Images21

Activity: 567
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:37:43 AM

Why not? Everybody can use cryptocurrency exchanges for as long as they are in a country where crypto trading sites are not deemed illegal. For as long as these crypto exchanges are not closed or being banned, then there is no problem for any American to use them even outside the American soil. The problem with an American staying in the US is that they cannot join ICOs because the SEC is not allowing them to. ICOs are illegal according to their laws.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
GamesBooster

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:52:13 AM

I have heard that the United States is a world-leading bitcoin trade, but many commercial sites and ICO projects do not accept IP addresses from the United States. Although I'm not American, I still find it hard to understand because of this.
slyfox

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:22:48 AM

I have heard that the United States is a world-leading bitcoin trade, but many commercial sites and ICO projects do not accept IP addresses from the United States. Although I'm not American, I still find it hard to understand because of this.
Because then they will be subject to the SEC and all the laws and regulations that come with this, as I said in my previous posts that should not be surprising at all there are many banks around the world that prefer to stop accepting US users than to have to deal with the US regulation, that should tell to us a lot about the US law.
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1750
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:30:44 PM

Does anyone know if coinbase responds back via email?  My old phone doesnt work anymore and i had 2FA on it.  I cannot even log into my account due to this.

Also does anyone know how you can you get verified on gemini if you dont have an actual mobile us sms number?  I use google voice and i could receive sms messages from coinbase and other sites but gemini recognized it as a voice forwarding service.
natsu01

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:55:24 AM

I dont think so but it is possible to them to do transactions outside USA because there are other countries that uses cryptocurrencies too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: