Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:36:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why dual/triple... cards of different manufactures wont be working with cgminer?  (Read 384 times)
HenriH (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:03:57 AM

I want to know why dual/triple... cards of different manufactures wont be working with cgminer.

Here is the thread from what I mean, I think its a bug in the cgminer app or they dont wont work with this environment.

http://ec2-50-16-56-114.compute-1.amazonaws.com/bitcoinutopia/forum_thread.php?id=44
icyak

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:29:44 AM

I want to know why dual/triple... cards of different manufactures wont be working with cgminer.

Here is the thread from what I mean, I think its a bug in the cgminer app or they dont wont work with this environment.

http://ec2-50-16-56-114.compute-1.amazonaws.com/bitcoinutopia/forum_thread.php?id=44
I got running 1 ASUS 5770 , 1 ASUS 5850 and 1 Sapphire 6870 in 1 one rig without any issues.
[bc]rebirther

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:14:17 AM

Its not working if you have a mix of Intel HD/AMD, Nvidia/AMD, Intel HD/Nvidia. In the last test environment of Intel HD/Nvidia cgminer cant find Nvidia and only displayed Intel HD GPU. Has this something to do with connected monitors and VGA dummy plugs if both are not existing?
Trillium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:43:46 AM

Ugh when these threads pop up in the Mining Support subforum these are always the hardest to solve (sometimes they are not solved).

My suggestions are:

- If you have not yet purchased anything, do not buy motherboards with onboard display(s), ESPECIALLY if mining with the rig will be its only purpose

and/or

- If you must, only buy hardware with onboard display devices if it has been shown to be compatible and mining nicely with cards as well, and there is information about how to set it up: eg. if there were any known problems with drivers or specific BIOS configuration required.

You'll have less headaches, seriously.

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: