Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:12:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Watching only wallet not showing transaction history  (Read 116 times)
backthespace (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:55:42 PM

Hi all

I've created a wallet, moved some btc to it.
Now I've created a cold storage on an offline computer using my seed and manually moved my wallet-file to this computer. The transaction history and btc balance is showing.
Then I've exported the public key to an online computer and created a watching only wallet. This wallet is not showing my transaction history and balance. What did I do wrong?
I've tried to delete my watching only wallet and recreating it from the public key, but balance and history still isn't showing up.
Need help people. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Forgot to mention it's on Electrum v. 3.0.2

Backthespace

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:11:22 PM

Hi all

I've created a wallet, moved some btc to it.
Now I've created a cold storage on an offline computer using my seed and manually moved my wallet-file to this computer. The transaction history and btc balance is showing.
Then I've exported the public key to an online computer and created a watching only wallet. This wallet is not showing my transaction history and balance. What did I do wrong?
I've tried to delete my watching only wallet and recreating it from the public key, but balance and history still isn't showing up.
Need help people. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Forgot to mention it's on Electrum v. 3.0.2

Backthespace

Not sure what the error could be, you might have used the wrong public key, or you are using a "Non-deterministic watch-only wallet" when you should use a "Deterministic watch-only wallet", as you stated that you're using electrum.

Are you sure you're using your MPK ( Master Public Key) when trying to create a watch-only adress?

https://bitcoinelectrum.com/creating-a-watch-only-wallet/

backthespace (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:22:44 PM

Not sure what the error could be, you might have used the wrong public key, or you are using a "Non-deterministic watch-only wallet" when you should use a "Deterministic watch-only wallet", as you stated that you're using electrum.

Are you sure you're using your MPK ( Master Public Key) when trying to create a watch-only adress?

Thank you for responding.
I've done as explained in the link you're referring to. I did it twice (including exporting the MPK) with the same result.
backthespace (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:38:17 PM

You solved my problem after all AdolfinWolf. You we're kinda right.
I was using the right MPK, but I didn't notice I had 3 cosigners and I needed to import all 3 MPK for all 3 cosigners.
Problem solved, thanks again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: