Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:25:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Watching only wallet not showing transaction history  (Read 116 times)
backthespace (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:55:42 PM

Hi all

I've created a wallet, moved some btc to it.
Now I've created a cold storage on an offline computer using my seed and manually moved my wallet-file to this computer. The transaction history and btc balance is showing.
Then I've exported the public key to an online computer and created a watching only wallet. This wallet is not showing my transaction history and balance. What did I do wrong?
I've tried to delete my watching only wallet and recreating it from the public key, but balance and history still isn't showing up.
Need help people. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Forgot to mention it's on Electrum v. 3.0.2

Backthespace
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:11:22 PM

Hi all

I've created a wallet, moved some btc to it.
Now I've created a cold storage on an offline computer using my seed and manually moved my wallet-file to this computer. The transaction history and btc balance is showing.
Then I've exported the public key to an online computer and created a watching only wallet. This wallet is not showing my transaction history and balance. What did I do wrong?
I've tried to delete my watching only wallet and recreating it from the public key, but balance and history still isn't showing up.
Need help people. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Forgot to mention it's on Electrum v. 3.0.2

Backthespace

Not sure what the error could be, you might have used the wrong public key, or you are using a "Non-deterministic watch-only wallet" when you should use a "Deterministic watch-only wallet", as you stated that you're using electrum.

Are you sure you're using your MPK ( Master Public Key) when trying to create a watch-only adress?

https://bitcoinelectrum.com/creating-a-watch-only-wallet/

backthespace (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:22:44 PM

Not sure what the error could be, you might have used the wrong public key, or you are using a "Non-deterministic watch-only wallet" when you should use a "Deterministic watch-only wallet", as you stated that you're using electrum.

Are you sure you're using your MPK ( Master Public Key) when trying to create a watch-only adress?

Thank you for responding.
I've done as explained in the link you're referring to. I did it twice (including exporting the MPK) with the same result.
backthespace (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:38:17 PM

You solved my problem after all AdolfinWolf. You we're kinda right.
I was using the right MPK, but I didn't notice I had 3 cosigners and I needed to import all 3 MPK for all 3 cosigners.
Problem solved, thanks again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: