Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:11:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crucial support leven broken at $88, but there's still no fear to be seen  (Read 1654 times)
Rampion (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:27:19 AM

Yesterday we broke the "higher lows" monthly trend with no resistance whatsoever, but still these forums are bloated by bulls in denial. Fear is nowhere to be seen, which is a bad omen for those hoping in a fast deflation followed by a quick recovery. Still long road ahead before despair and final capitulation.

BTC is currently traded below the daily 10, 21 and 50 MAs. The daily 200MA, which lays at $80ish ATM, will be tested soon. Those will be interesting times indeed.

N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:36:11 AM

It's incredible how people have been attacking bears with the mindset of them being traitors or something. Definitely still in denial judging by that.
Rampion (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:39:20 AM

It's incredible how people have been attacking bears with the mindset of them being traitors or something. Definitely still in denial judging by that.

Well, that's the "sound of the butthurt". Just check the registry dates of those bitterly criticizing bearish analysis, just an example:

Name: ShroomsKit
Activity:   98
Position:   Full Member
Date Registered:   April 08, 2013, 03:13:50 PM
Last Active:   Today at 06:02:43 AM

I would give 60% that we will cross $150 today. At any rate the support in $135ish will hold.

Would be confident to buy now but no need I actually OTC bought BTC100 @146, little bit dear but did not want to sell for such a small gain...

You're the only person in this section who's predictions i take seriously  Smiley

Oooops. That hurt.

Jaroslaw

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

supernode

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:40:56 AM

Well, that's the "sound of the butthurt". Just check the registry dates of those bitterly criticizing bearish analysis, just an example:

Name: ShroomsKit
Activity:   98
Position:   Full Member
Date Registered:   April 08, 2013, 03:13:50 PM
Last Active:   Today at 06:02:43 AM

I would give 60% that we will cross $150 today. At any rate the support in $135ish will hold.

Would be confident to buy now but no need I actually OTC bought BTC100 @146, little bit dear but did not want to sell for such a small gain...

You're the only person in this section who's predictions i take seriously  Smiley

Oooops. That hurt.

You are father of reptelia guy ?
N12
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:49:14 AM

Pretty much why a 2011 was always a realistic scenario. The people who've seen it before are drowned out by new ones in bubble mentality. And even those who have seen it before can succumb to "it's different".

Oooops. That hurt.

It's hilarious. People would rather listen to someone in a mental institution than to someone who makes you face your cognitive dissonance.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:52:57 AM

Until USD withdrawals are possible again I don't believe this all means much, it could all be a temporary dip until withdrawals and confidence are restored. I don't care about your wish for a fast deflation, bull in denial or not I see this is a great buying opportunity. Grin

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:54:13 AM

You're taking bitcoin to seriously Sad

Do you think that people care about the graphs / explanations?
If they want to buy, they buy ; if they want to sell they sell ...
Rampion (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:55:31 AM

Until USD withdrawals are possible again I don't believe this all means much, it could all be a temporary dip until withdrawals and confidence are restored. I don't care about your wish for a fast deflation, bull in denial or not I see this is a great buying opportunity. Grin

If you believe in the underlying fundamentals of Bitcoin (which 99% of us do, that's why we post on bitcointalk.org) a downtrend is always a great buying opportunity.

Still not good enough for me. I will start buying incremental quantities (less when its higher, more when its lower) starting from $82ish, where I placed my first mini-bid.

N12
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:56:58 AM

You're taking bitcoin to seriously Sad

Do you think that people care about the graphs / explanations?
If they want to buy, they buy ; if they want to sell they sell ...

That's the people getting owned on emotional trading, yes. Investing and money in general is actually a pretty serious affair, even though it can be fun.

Dalib

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:16:32 AM

Also, we are just on the line lows before boom and 16th April low.

I agree that final Capitulation the real new bottom is probably still ahead of us...

naphto

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:30:44 AM

That's the people getting owned on emotional trading, yes. Investing and money in general is actually a pretty serious affair, even though it can be fun.

You're wasting your time.

That's the people getting owned on emotional killing, yes. Killing an animal in general is actually a pretty serious affair, even though it can be fun.
If you want to kill an ant, you won't use a nuclear weapon, will you?

If you want to trade bitcoins, you should not spend hours and hours on useless matters, analyzing graphs and making crazy stupid assumptions and conclusions.
phoenix1

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:36:32 AM

You're wasting your time.

<snip>

If you want to trade bitcoins, you should not spend hours and hours on useless matters, analyzing graphs and making crazy stupid assumptions and conclusions.

Pray tell, what methods do you use and how successful have they been ?

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"  - Confucius (China 551BC-479 BC)
N12
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:37:38 AM

Really? I completely disagree. How do you trade Bitcoins if you don't thoroughly analyze fundamentals/technicals/sentiment?

Charts are depicting the technicals and the technicals form the sentiment.
naphto

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:45:23 AM

Really? I completely disagree. How do you trade Bitcoins if you don't thoroughly analyze fundamentals/technicals/sentiment?

Charts are depicting the technicals and the technicals form the sentiment.

If you were right, you could predict the price for the next days/weeks/months with a very reliable way.
But you're totally wrong.

The price is driving by manipulation, mt.gox announcements and people who owns million of bitcoins without saying it.
more  than 400 000 000 000 USD were traded every day (2010).
less than 100 000 bitcoins are traded every day (now).

You can't trade both the same way, with the same tools.
phoenix1

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:48:11 AM

Go on Blitz ...

I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the show

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"  - Confucius (China 551BC-479 BC)
naphto

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:51:00 AM

Go on Blitz ...

I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the show

Being a moderator does not prevent to be stupid.
That will be my last message on this thread anyway. So you'd better go somewhere else if you want to see my captain obvious posts Smiley

Cya
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:52:31 AM

The danger to Bitcoin from a significant fall now comes from the damage that will be done to its reputation - all those new entrants who have signed up for thousand dollar ASIC machines will face real losses with little or no scope of returns if BTC stabilises at $20-30, pre-order refund requests will sky rocket and companies will go bust as the clamour for refunds mounts and new orders dry up. Lots of people (particularly governmental types) will shout fraud and the broader adoption of bitcoin will be irreparably damaged as the conventional press jumps on the beat up bitcoin bandwagon.

Yes we can argue that people should not invest if they cannot afford to lose, speculative markets, unproven technology and all that jazz - but the emotional damage will be done. Once a dog stock is declared a dog stock it never really loses that moniker.
phoenix1

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:55:25 AM

Being a moderator does not prevent to be stupid.
That will be my last message on this thread anyway. So you'd better go somewhere else if you want to see my captain obvious posts Smiley

Cya

So your just a sad troll then ...
Your insights and wisdom will be sadly missed. Won't be seeing you elsewhere cos you just made my ignore list

cya

Rampion (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 10:11:28 AM

The danger to Bitcoin from a significant fall now comes from the damage that will be done to its reputation - all those new entrants who have signed up for thousand dollar ASIC machines will face real losses with little or no scope of returns if BTC stabilises at $20-30, pre-order refund requests will sky rocket and companies will go bust as the clamour for refunds mounts and new orders dry up. Lots of people (particularly governmental types) will shout fraud and the broader adoption of bitcoin will be irreparably damaged as the conventional press jumps on the beat up bitcoin bandwagon.

Yes we can argue that people should not invest if they cannot afford to lose, speculative markets, unproven technology and all that jazz - but the emotional damage will be done. Once a dog stock is declared a dog stock it never really loses that moniker.

That's ridiculous. $20-$30 still makes Bitcoin an excellent investment - did you know that it was traded at $13 in January?

Then, everything you describe already happened in 2011. Mining bubble that hurt a lot of miners that were forced to shut their rigs off because they couldn't pay for the electricity costs, doom and gloom everywhere, "Bitcoin is a Ponzi and Satoshi is its very own Madoff" posts & articles, "if you are not out, get out" screams, hyper negative media cycle ("The Rise and Fall of Bitcoin", Wired), painful bubble deflation from $32 to $1.98 (Nov 2011), hacks, scams, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

So... What? Bitcoin is just a publicly traded asset very prone to speculation and boom and bust cycles because of its design. "The emotional damage will be done"... You should know that we've already been there, we've already seen that, and nothing happened. Bitcoin raised stronger than before, because "the emotional damage" fades away as quick as the euphoria spread during the hype cycle.

"Once a dog stock is declared a dog stock it never really loses that moniker."?? And what happened in 2011? Happened that those who believed in the CRAP you just wrote sold for good, and missed the train.

So much fail in these forums.

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 10:30:33 AM

Yesterday we broke the "higher lows" monthly trend with no resistance whatsoever, but still these forums are bloated by bulls in denial. Fear is nowhere to be seen, which is a bad omen for those hoping in a fast deflation followed by a quick recovery. Still long road ahead before despair and final capitulation.

[...]

I'm not really going to disagree with the practical conclusion of your argument -- I think it's very much possible prices will drop another 50%, and then maybe another time. But I do disagree with the rationale behind your argument, the one that you (and many others here) have been posting a number of times. I'll try to explain what I mean...

I'm sure there are loads of "bulls in denial". But I don't think they are the major force that keeps the price relatively high ("relatively high" in the sense that you mentioned yourself: that the correction you hope for doesn't happen fast enough).

My own explanation is slightly different: I don't believe in the absolute necessity of a "natural" deflation of a bubble, as an event completely independent of external factors. So I think the reason why the correction/deflation is proceeding relatively slowly is not because of bullish delusion (at least not if the word "bullish" is supposed to carry any real meaning, and not just intended to mean "not completely pessimistic about the prospects of bitcoin"), but because of the largest part of investors in bitcoin not being quite sure where we are in the bitcoin adoption event, and as a result taking a "conservative" approach of deflating the former high, but only slowly.

Not sure if I made my point very clear, but what I'm saying is: price will continue to go down if nothing happens, simply because the market will take it as a sign that we're still in a very early stage of the adoption event. But I also believe that (a) there is no deep psychological motivation to let the bubble "deflate all the way before we can go up again". If there is a big enough event that signals we are further into the adoption than previously thought, the price will appreciate from whereever we are at the moment. And, (b), that what constitutes a "big enough event" to signal that is rather unclear. Could be that it needs to be of the size of amazon.com switching to btc entirely, could be that it's enough that google play suddenly accepts btc besides USD.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: