Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:22:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Watch-only Wallet  (Read 177 times)
TomziBad (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:04:45 AM

Hi!

New to Bitcoin.

I downloaded Armory, and created a watch only wallet. I’ve bought some BTC but still have 0 balance. Do I need a “regular” wallet of some sort before i create a watch only?
Also, the blockchain or database is downloading and is only at 85GB at the moment, do i need to wait for the whole database to be downloaded?

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:41:48 AM

a watch only wallet is a wallet that only has your public keys (bitcoin addresses) and does not have your private keys (keys you need to spend bitcoin). that is the only difference. and it has nothing to do with your balance and how much it is showing up in your wallet interface.

I am not familiar with Armory but I believe it is showing as 0 because you still do not have the whole blockchain. you need to wait until all of it is downloaded. which is a file bigger than 150 GB.

while you are waiting for that to complete, you can use an online block explorer like blockchain.info to check your balance with your bitcoin address. just to put your mind at ease and be sure that you have received the funds.

Only Bitcoin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: