Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:26:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Ban Directs Back Here  (Read 3919 times)
OmegaNemesis28 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 01:43:18 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2013, 07:08:02 PM by OmegaNemesis28

So apparently if you're a "Troll", the BFL forums redirect you here. LOL
BFL is spitting on this community, but yet, I've seen more people defend their shady business here than on their own website. They're pretty blind.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greenbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 01:48:28 PM

BFL is spitting on this community, but yet, I've seen more people defend their shady business here than on their own website. They're pretty blind.

Yeah,

They are a pretty terrible company, especially now that they aren't issuing refunds for any orders.
OmegaNemesis28 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:11:41 PM

Yeah,

They are a pretty terrible company, especially now that they aren't issuing refunds for any orders.

Yep.
Jody's newest "blog" was basically "We over estimated, blah blah blah, we are up to the task now of shipping everything out"
Bloody nonsense. Lies. Garbage. Excuses.
If they were up to the task, this would've been done back in October 2012. December 2012. January 2013. March 2013. May 2013. June 2013. It's now July 2013. That is "not up to the task".

Apparently calling out this bluff is "trolling". They're debating about closing out comments on the blog because, yes people do get out of control with cursing and hate words. But this is ridiculous.

If you're going to take a week and a half to not ship anything out, then at least keep quiet. No excuses.
greenbtc

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:02:19 PM

Yeah,

I do see both sides of the equation, but unfortunately while they can be mad at the internet trolls for hating on them, that is what the internet is for. Them, as a company, attacking their customers, calling names, blowing up in forums, is not a form of professional business mannerisms. The fact they are also incredibly opaque in their operation and not transparent rubs a lot of people the wrong way. That is why other companies, who are the competition, are capitalizing on their rather insulting business practices both online and offline.
OmegaNemesis28 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 05:05:23 PM

Yeah,

I do see both sides of the equation, but unfortunately while they can be mad at the internet trolls for hating on them, that is what the internet is for. Them, as a company, attacking their customers, calling names, blowing up in forums, is not a form of professional business mannerisms. The fact they are also incredibly opaque in their operation and not transparent rubs a lot of people the wrong way. That is why other companies, who are the competition, are capitalizing on their rather insulting business practices both online and offline.

Especially when their number one form of communication is...
*drum roll*
A god damn web forum.
Companies don't do this crap. Announcements and progress updates are done via professional mass emails or professional company blogs. Not some open BBL forum with member blogs with some lady who loves to run her mouth. And when they get "rude" comments, they wonder why.

There are college student startup businesses that have better communication then them. Kickstarters are way more organized and informative. Occulus Rift is now has millions of dollars in backing and banking. They've yet to disappoint, and big named companies are looking at them now.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:23:46 PM

BFL is spitting on this community, ...

Yep.

... I tried to be nice and I wanted to help you and you give me all sorts of shit and accusations.  This is why we no longer give a shit about this forum;  Everyone here is monumental assholes, no matter how accommodating one tries to be. 

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
greenbtc

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:38:17 PM

BFL is spitting on this community, ...

Yep.

... I tried to be nice and I wanted to help you and you give me all sorts of shit and accusations.  This is why we no longer give a shit about this forum;  Everyone here is monumental assholes, no matter how accommodating one tries to be. 

Yeah, they are certainly a company that doesn't have any morals Smiley
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 09:48:19 PM

If you payed through PayPal, they'll (most probably) issue a refund. Got mine last week (refund, that is, not a miner)

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
greenbtc

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:39:17 AM

If you payed through PayPal, they'll (most probably) issue a refund. Got mine last week (refund, that is, not a miner)

I paid via paypal and they still refused to refund my money. They're an outright scam.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:37:56 AM

I paid via paypal and they still refused to refund my money. They're an outright scam.

Ask BFL one more time for a refund (to show you really tried), then complain to PayPal directly.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
OmegaNemesis28 (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:06:37 AM

Ask BFL one more time for a refund (to show you really tried), then complain to PayPal directly.

Yep PayPal will honor you. That's why I love them when you need em
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 08:56:28 AM

What could be a better advertisement for the advantages of using PayPal over Bitcoin?!
Well done BFL for shitting on the entire Bitcoin payment system.
int03h

Activity: 532
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:58:31 AM

Picture or it didn't happen.
int03h

Activity: 532
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 10:02:29 AM

Your troll is obviously 1) Weak 2) Annoying. Stupid is tolerated here much more than there - that is all. Nothing more - nothing less.
greenbtc

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 10:06:25 AM

Yep PayPal will honor you. That's why I love them when you need em

It's past the 45 days, Paypal auto closed the dispute, I opened a dialogue via email with them but they haven't been responsive either.
greenbtc

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 10:11:56 AM

Picture or it didn't happen.

Here ya go. Proof enough?

And yes, they are a scam. There are two forwards of me just showing two associates that I emailed them the request (just blacked them out, among my own name, etc.).
greenbtc

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 10:19:06 AM

What could be a better advertisement for the advantages of using PayPal over Bitcoin?!
Well done BFL for shitting on the entire Bitcoin payment system.

Paypal will only help if you ask for a refund within 45 days.
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 10:25:54 AM

Looks like I managed to get out before the door slammed shut. My order was placed on the first week of May and refunded on the last week of June. Phew!

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
greenbtc

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 10:29:24 AM

Looks like I managed to get out before the door slammed shut. My order was placed on the first week of May and refunded on the last week of June. Phew!

...That is the exact same scenario I am in, and they told me to go fly a kite...what gives? June 26 = last week of June. My order was 5/1.
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 10:39:43 AM

Hmm... My order was placed on the 4th of May. Refund requested on the 23rd of June. Got the following reply on the 24th:

Code:
Hi,

The referenced order has been canceled, you will receive a refund through PayPal within 5 business days. We appreciate your interest in Butterfly Labs.

Best Wishes,
Abbey
BF Labs, Inc.

Got the money ($2500) on my bank account through direct PayPal refund the week after.

I was actually pleased how swiftly they handled it, so I was going to keep an eye on them from the sidelines and possibly place an order once they start shipping and clear their backlog, provided their miners would remain competitive with a reasonable chance of ROI at that time in the future.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: