Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:13:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is it worth buying anymore? - Other cryptocurrencies & other questions?  (Read 205 times)
Moyster (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:15:49 PM

Hello guys,

I've probably known about bitcoin for a couple of months now, It was 5800 usd at the time I first found out about it and at that time I didn't have the money to buy it but didn't expect it to rise the way it has now.

Now thats its over 10k, I was thinking of maybe buying .01 bitcoins or something along the lines, however I don't know if it'll be worth it. Most sites charge 5% fees to purchase bitcoins now, and .01 will cost me around $126usd Now doing the math if bitcoin goes up to 15k somehow, I'd only make $150 thats 24 profit. Obviously the more you purchase the better but bitcoin is too much now so is it still worth buying for say the average consumer?

Also since I'm quite new to cryptocurrency, what others are on the rise I've heard that XRP (ripple) is growing slowly and is really cheap right now but I'm not too sure.

Lastly, is it safe to buy cryptocurrency from websites that charge fees?

How do you get a cryptocurrency wallet?

I've heard of these usb's that hold cryptocurrenty because of hackers recently. What are these usbs?

Is it worth buying cryptocurrency machines, and what would be good ones and price ranges generally?

Thanks for any responses that I get, just another new fellow to the cryptocurrency world that is curious about this new technology.
krishnaverma

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:11:43 PM

Here are answers to your questions:
1) You can get wallet buy making account on any exchange like unocoin.com.
2) Yes, it is safe to buy bitcoins from websites that charge fees.
Regarding investment in other cryptocurrencies, in my opinion it is better to go with bitcoins only especially if you are investing for long term.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:38:23 PM

Hello guys,

I've probably known about bitcoin for a couple of months now, It was 5800 usd at the time I first found out about it and at that time I didn't have the money to buy it but didn't expect it to rise the way it has now.

Now thats its over 10k, I was thinking of maybe buying .01 bitcoins or something along the lines, however I don't know if it'll be worth it. Most sites charge 5% fees to purchase bitcoins now, and .01 will cost me around $126usd Now doing the math if bitcoin goes up to 15k somehow, I'd only make $150 thats 24 profit. Obviously the more you purchase the better but bitcoin is too much now so is it still worth buying for say the average consumer?

Also since I'm quite new to cryptocurrency, what others are on the rise I've heard that XRP (ripple) is growing slowly and is really cheap right now but I'm not too sure.

I've heard of these usb's that hold cryptocurrenty because of hackers recently. What are these usbs?

Is it worth buying cryptocurrency machines, and what would be good ones and price ranges generally?

Thanks for any responses that I get, just another new fellow to the cryptocurrency world that is curious about this new technology.

Here in my country the most used wallet is coins.ph.  From there you will just buy bitcoin and you will pay it at the banks or your preferred establishment.  You can even just asked for cashin on your currency wallet.  And then you can use it to pay your bills and other things.

Also it is safe to to buy cryptocurrency on sites that have fees.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:51:30 PM

Hello guys,

Exchanges that sell you Bitcoins are going to charge a fee. That’s how they make their money. I have used Coinbase to buy in the past and they will charge a fee.

Secondly, I do think that buying Bitcoins now can still be profitable. There is no guarantee that the price won’t crash at some point, but there is also a good chance that the price will keep rising.

Even if you buy now and the price crashes, you can still hold until the price recovers and still make a profit. You just have to be willing to hold.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: