Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:24:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recovering Bitcoin Cash from Bitcoin Wallet  (Read 140 times)
coinbureau (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:55:25 PM

We have been seeing an increase in the number of new Bitcoin users who have accidentally sent Bitcoin cash to a Bitcoin address. As one is SegWit tx, many have thought that they have lost funds.

This could probably be as a result of the confusion between the two coins. Either way, there appears to have been a user who was able to recover the BCH. Calling himself the "BCH Bandit", he was able to recover close to $600k in BCH. Willing to give funds back to those who lost coins doing just this (for a bounty of course).

You can read more below if interested

https://www.coinbureau.com/services/bitcoin-cash-sent-btc-address-bitcoin-cash-bandit-will-help-price/

TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 7040

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 02:29:43 PM

The same guy just posted yesterday that he won't charge the initial 30% of the recovered amount anymore.

I have decided to instead return the coins in full. There will no longer be a 30% recovery fee. If I have already returned coins to you, you will receive the remaining 30% later today. All future recovery requests will be in full.

If you have emailed me regarding coin recovery, please check your spam box. The mail provider I am using tends to result in my emails being in people's spam boxes.
[...]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/7g6s9l/an_update_on_bch_segwit_recoveries/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████