Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:25:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep track of you investments?  (Read 207 times)
kenneho (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:11:02 PM

Hi all.

For the past months I've bought a little bit of different cryptos. For each purchase, I've written down the amount and price pr coin, so that I later on can review the gains and losses per purchase.

My system is quite cumbersome, so I thought I'd ask here for some advice. How are other crypto investors keeping track of you purchases, to know how much your individual purchases or cryptos have gained or lost value?

Regards,
kenneho
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Norcal2020

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:13:55 PM

I recently found "Blockfolio" in the app store. You can input buys/sells and it will keep a running total on the main screen when you login. You can also hide the total if you want a little more privacy.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 05:25:40 PM

Hi all.

For the past months I've bought a little bit of different cryptos. For each purchase, I've written down the amount and price pr coin, so that I later on can review the gains and losses per purchase.

My system is quite cumbersome, so I thought I'd ask here for some advice. How are other crypto investors keeping track of you purchases, to know how much your individual purchases or cryptos have gained or lost value?

Regards,
kenneho

Spreadsheets. I record and track all my coins on spreadsheets. You can basically do anything you want with a spreadsheet to track gains. You can even chart your coins on a graph. I record the price of each coin once a month and graph it to see how they all compare to each other and to other coins in the top 10 in market cap. This can help me decide which coins to add and which ones to drop.
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 05:47:36 PM

I use Blockfolio for monitoring prices and if I want to dig deeper I use coinmarketcap, but on top I also do good old handwriting in my dedicated notebook. I write down each trade, this creates a mess sometimes, but I like handwriting and therefore am totally fine with this method. Most people wouldnt like it though I agree.
kenneho (OP)

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:34:30 PM

Thansk for all the answers.

Blockfolio looks really interesting, but I'd rather not spend even more time on my phone, so I'll go for something I can access from my computer, such as a spreadsheet. I'll use the tips given above, and see if I find a structure that works for me.

By the way, if anyone come across any web based alternatives to Blockfolio, please let me know.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: