Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:57:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rather than being something to fear, AI has the potential to deliver significant  (Read 295 times)
anapodrimaj (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:22:48 PM

As artificial intelligence (AI) software becomes more sophisticated, corporate accounting departments are in for a shakeup, according to new research. A survey, which was conducted by Censuswide on behalf of accounting automation software provider BlackLine, found that 78 per cent of financial professionals believe AI technology will play a ‘significant’ role in their department, while 29 per cent expect the role to be ‘very significant’.
Financial professionals understand the growing power of AI tools and the implications this has for the functioning of the finance department, since a third of respondents believe AI tools will undertake strategic financial decisions.

For more information: http://www.insidesap.com.au/ai-transform-finance-department-study/
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:00:06 PM

As artificial intelligence (AI) software becomes more sophisticated, corporate accounting departments are in for a shakeup, according to new research. A survey, which was conducted by Censuswide on behalf of accounting automation software provider BlackLine, found that 78 per cent of financial professionals believe AI technology will play a ‘significant’ role in their department, while 29 per cent expect the role to be ‘very significant’.
Financial professionals understand the growing power of AI tools and the implications this has for the functioning of the finance department, since a third of respondents believe AI tools will undertake strategic financial decisions.

For more information: http://www.insidesap.com.au/ai-transform-finance-department-study/

AI is something to fear but not because of what movies in television make you believe, there is not going to be a war of the AI versus humans but what it is going to happen is that more and more humans are going to be rendered obsolete as the AI can do more jobs and more efficiently than any human, at some point even specialized jobs are going to have the same fate and this is going to create a social and economic crisis.
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:29:11 PM

Exactly this. Its not just AI though, its the whole trend towards AI, automatization, digitalization and robotics. As you said, sooner or later all jobs, even the specialized ones will become obsolete. I mean even cooks are going to be replaced by machines, sounds weird, but its true, this field is highly endangered already as I read recently. The only jobs that will stay are the ones that are in need of human empathy. Doctors, Nursing staff and so on. Those will not likely be replaced by machines that easily.
davids248

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:15:50 AM

Any ICOs lately that deal with AI and Blockchain in particular?

johnlaw747

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:10:09 AM

I have come across a lot of ICOs this year, but I am planning to invest in two of them U.cash (https://u.cash/) and AiX (https://aix.trade/) , as I found them more interesting and promising than the others.

BartS

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:53:35 PM

Exactly this. Its not just AI though, its the whole trend towards AI, automatization, digitalization and robotics. As you said, sooner or later all jobs, even the specialized ones will become obsolete. I mean even cooks are going to be replaced by machines, sounds weird, but its true, this field is highly endangered already as I read recently. The only jobs that will stay are the ones that are in need of human empathy. Doctors, Nursing staff and so on. Those will not likely be replaced by machines that easily.
Anything that does not require creation or improvisation are jobs that are going to eventually disappear to the AI, human empathy is mostly unnecessary for most jobs, just look at customer service, most of the time you are going to be attended by a machine first, you only need to do the right thing at the right time, nurses are the same they are only following orders so they can be easily replaced by AI when the time comes.
bribed

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:39:25 PM

Anything that does not require creation or improvisation are jobs that are going to eventually disappear to the AI, human empathy is mostly unnecessary for most jobs, just look at customer service, most of the time you are going to be attended by a machine first, you only need to do the right thing at the right time, nurses are the same they are only following orders so they can be easily replaced by AI when the time comes.

You really think so? Maybe you are right with it, but I cant imagine that people are going to be willing to put their healthcare in the hands of a machine. Maybe its just me, but I would never let a machine treat me in the hospital. Im very open for this automatization and think that the countries that dont embrace this development will have a huge disadvantage in the end, but still I want a doctor and a nurse to speak with when Im sick, not some DigiDoc.
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 09:54:08 PM

Yeah. Very soon AI technology will take off the human jobs in various sectors. There are no ways to stop the impact.
The another thing comes to my mind is People were afraid and expected the significant impact after introduced computer in various sector but the reality is It created more jobs.
Are the same applicable in AI any way. The person who are in Al field may provide some clear advice.
Lets gear up for new technology and losing many. Now a days am thinking like a traditional way could be right sometimes. Too much technology is danger
bribed

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:27:50 PM

I just got told by a friend that facebook tested some AI algorythms and had to stop the experiments because the AI had taken control over some parts functions that were not expected and therfore got out of control. Anybody know something about that? Maybe its also just something that he read in mainstream media that is supposed to make people believe the stuff that is brought to us by the movies as op stated. What do you think?
BartS

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:43:02 PM

You really think so? Maybe you are right with it, but I cant imagine that people are going to be willing to put their healthcare in the hands of a machine. Maybe its just me, but I would never let a machine treat me in the hospital. Im very open for this automatization and think that the countries that dont embrace this development will have a huge disadvantage in the end, but still I want a doctor and a nurse to speak with when Im sick, not some DigiDoc.
Some jobs can be easily replaced and some are not so easy, for example even if most of the job of a doctor can be automatized there are many instances in which he needs to improvise so a doctor cannot be replaced by AI that easily but a nurse can be replaced because they are not taking decisions they are only following them so an AI that follows the doctors orders is easily achievable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: