Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:33:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Volatility - Somebody is fucking around.  (Read 1814 times)
Dan D. Lion

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:43:33 PM

I think the volatility in financial markets is normal. and it happens in every international market. I do not know exactly how much capital is needed, in the digital world the government does not intervene to regulate. and that's not fair.

So you would like a government to intervene in regulating cryptos?  That's kind of...exactly the opposite of the whole point.
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 10:50:32 PM

Define low Smiley I think that altcoins with strong projects behind(Siacoin, Verge ..) can bring important gains for long-term, too.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:57:47 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2017, 10:26:58 AM by HasHe

That's really a significant fall.Price dropped from $10,890 to just $9,896.It shows the volatility of bitcoin.We could not say that for each and every time,price drops,government may have played a game.I think its just a price correction after bitcoin price crossed $10,000.It is said that some had sold his large number of bitcoins in GDAX exchange mistakenly for the price of just $10 for each bitcoin.That might also be a reason.
Bitmora

Activity: 179
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:58:22 PM

There's many reasons that could add up to contribute to the sharp rise. However, saying government involvement is closely related to conspiracy theories.
Coollikethat (OP)

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:59:07 PM

I think these are very good points being made, but I would also just add this--ultimately, what difference does it make what, precisely, drove the market so high so quickly, and what, precisely, drove it back down?  No one here has any control or influence over these moves.  In a way, it's kind of like speculating about how many angels can fit on the head of a pin.  It might be wise to take a broader outlook, namely, we DO have past performance to look at, we DO know that Bitcoin has always been volatile and most probably will continue to be so in the forseeable future.  It's something we can accept and perhaps even profit from.

The better you can forecast fluctuations, the more profit you can make trading futures. The more you money invest, the more important it is to understand what factors are in play.  I like volatility. That where I make my profits.

But you can't forecast fluctuations.  You can forecast the reality of volatility, and profit from it, but regardless of whether there are a few whales making big moves or some kind of manipulation by entities or something else, you will only see the after effects of those moves.  

yes you can . google "technical analysis".

That's nonsense and you know it.  Technical analysis is a backwards-looking tool trying to understand the psychology of market moves.  If I see a shoulder and a head, there might be another shoulder, there might not.  It's iffy in standard stock analysis and positively problematic when trying to make Bitcoin price guesses (and that's all they are) based on techanal.

oh ok *rolls eyes*

thank you for clarifying that for me.

we all know how you dont make a living now. have a nice day with you .023 btc holdings

There's no need to be nasty.  If your techanal works so well, I assume you must own about 100,000 Bitcoin since you were able to so perfectly time your entries and exits.  No, the fact is you are as helpless to market forces as anyone else, and can only react after the fact.

Well actually I dont have 100,000 btc but I do use tools such as TECHNICAL ANALYSIS and make an above average living trading.   There is a whole world out there you dont know about. How do you thing hedge fund and mutual funds managers make money? Go to sites like motleyfool.com + investopedia.com and educate yourself. You will be surprised what you can do with a little knowledge and a few hundred dollars in BTC and a lot of balls.  The first week I heard about bitcoin in 2013, I traded $200 on a margin site and turned it into $1200. I have not looked back since and that is now how I make my living.

Because they have access to information BEFORE the general public does.  Techanal (not rocket science, btw), fundamental analysis, access to the market movers, it's simply having and being able to act faster on information than the rank and file.   And your patronizing comments are simply not necessary.  Congratulations on your financial acumen... Undecided

So you are saying the tens of thousands of people in the financial services industry get inside info BEFORE everybody else?  Huh And that is how they all manage their portfolios?  In the 80's everybody went to jail for that.  Maybe you should watch the movie Wall Street. 5 academy awards. Insider trading is highly illegal and trading patterns are scrutinized by the SEC. So no they do not have info before everyone else. Sorry.

Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:07:54 PM

Looks like someone didn't like what happened or you just love assets that are going down?
We could not argue with that if that is his hobby.
I guess we will just have to clear some points just so he could understand some of what is really happening.
Look, there are people out there who could buy a large amount of it even if the price gets expensive.
They can even do it in groups without knowing they can pump it even of they just bought small amounts.
This is a large Earth, you cant trace everything that will happen.
Dan D. Lion

Activity: 55

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:16:00 PM

I think these are very good points being made, but I would also just add this--ultimately, what difference does it make what, precisely, drove the market so high so quickly, and what, precisely, drove it back down?  No one here has any control or influence over these moves.  In a way, it's kind of like speculating about how many angels can fit on the head of a pin.  It might be wise to take a broader outlook, namely, we DO have past performance to look at, we DO know that Bitcoin has always been volatile and most probably will continue to be so in the forseeable future.  It's something we can accept and perhaps even profit from.

The better you can forecast fluctuations, the more profit you can make trading futures. The more you money invest, the more important it is to understand what factors are in play.  I like volatility. That where I make my profits.

But you can't forecast fluctuations.  You can forecast the reality of volatility, and profit from it, but regardless of whether there are a few whales making big moves or some kind of manipulation by entities or something else, you will only see the after effects of those moves.  

That's nonsense and you know it.  Technical analysis is a backwards-looking tool trying to understand the psychology of market moves.  If I see a shoulder and a head, there might be another shoulder, there might not.  It's iffy in standard stock analysis and positively problematic when trying to make Bitcoin price guesses (and that's all they are) based on techanal.

oh ok *rolls eyes*

we all know how you dont make a living now. have a nice day with you .023 btc holdings

There's no need to be nasty.  If your techanal works so well, I assume you must own about 100,000 Bitcoin since you were able to so perfectly time your entries and exits.  No, the fact is you are as helpless to market forces as anyone else, and can only react after the fact.

Well actually I dont have 100,000 btc but I do use tools such as TECHNICAL ANALYSIS and make an above average living trading.   There is a whole world out there you dont know about. How do you thing hedge fund and mutual funds managers make money? Go to sites like motleyfool.com + investopedia.com and educate yourself. You will be surprised what you can do with a little knowledge and a few hundred dollars in BTC and a lot of balls.  The first week I heard about bitcoin in 2013, I traded $200 on a margin site and turned it into $1200. I have not looked back since and that is now how I make my living.

Because they have access to information BEFORE the general public does.  Techanal (not rocket science, btw), fundamental analysis, access to the market movers, it's simply having and being able to act faster on information than the rank and file.   And your patronizing comments are simply not necessary.  Congratulations on your financial acumen... Undecided

So you are saying the tens of thousands of people in the financial services industry get inside info BEFORE everybody else?  Huh And that is how they all manage their portfolios?  In the 80's everybody went to jail for that.  Maybe you should watch the movie Wall Street. 5 academy awards. Insider trading is highly illegal and trading patterns are scrutinized by the SEC. So no they do not have info before everyone else. Sorry.

That's right, I forgot that there is no insider info and wall street never does anything illegal.  Maybe you should wake up just a bit.  In the 80's everybody went to jail?   That is factually incorrect.  And in the last crash?  Lots of shananigans, not one prosecution.  I'm not saying they are all skirting the law, I am saying that there is a lot of corruption and a lot of "insider" advantages that they have, that we do not have.  Again, the point remains, if you're so damn confident in your techanal, why don't you tell us exactly what the price of Bitcoin will be next week?  It's because you can't.  You don't know, and you won't admit it.  You are simply spouting off.
helars2008

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:19:59 PM

I heard that someone on GDAX accidentally sold +100 BTC for 87€ each. Jesus Christ! It's about $1000 for 100 BTC. In another word, the guy is not a millionaire anymore. Can it be a reason?
This say, we have seen Bitcoin losing about 30% in less than 24h before, so now losing 10% is peanut, especially when it will be back tomorrow
If this story is indeed true then i am very sorry for that guy. And it could be possibly the reason why there was a sudden but short drop in bitcoins price yesterday.
And i also believe that the 10% dip today is just close to normal after all no one can really regulate what will happen to bitcoins price.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
woas4

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:28:53 PM

The crypto market is crazy, i was up all night watching charts, hahaha.

So many big swings in such little timeframes, you can never know what to expect... Lets hope Bitcoin doesnt come back down too far!

irsada

Activity: 994
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:32:21 PM

I heard that someone on GDAX accidentally sold +100 BTC for 87€ each. Jesus Christ! It's about $1000 for 100 BTC. In another word, the guy is not a millionaire anymore. Can it be a reason?
This say, we have seen Bitcoin losing about 30% in less than 24h before, so now losing 10% is peanut, especially when it will be back tomorrow
If this story is indeed true then i am very sorry for that guy. And it could be possibly the reason why there was a sudden but short drop in bitcoins price yesterday.
And i also believe that the 10% dip today is just close to normal after all no one can really regulate what will happen to bitcoins price.

can you prove it?
that someone is selling 100 BTC for $ 1000.
the ups and downs of the bitcoin are common so do not panic too much.
longlivecapitalism

Activity: 966
Merit: 31

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:38:09 PM

I've written in another forum that this rise of Bitcoin isn't sustainable. There's no way it can keep rising like that for long. Hence the volatility. Some people have probably reached the price they wanted so they sold. The 10,000 dollar mark is a good milestone for someone to stop and sell their Bitcoins.
summer209

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:40:01 PM

2 flash crashes last night about 800 points each and then a 1000 pt today?  Do you know how much capital it would take to do that? Is the government  testing the market to determine things like the effect of cash inflow/outflow? To provoke chaos in general to scare people away?  To setup a master plan for long term damage to the market?

I thought last night was crazy. but today??

Since cryptocurrency is new technology, the high price volatility should be a normal thing. It doesn't look like that the government testing the market, just hope it's not some groups of people trying to manipulate the market price.
Coollikethat (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:45:02 PM

oh ok *rolls eyes*

That's right, I forgot that there is no insider info and wall street never does anything illegal.  Maybe you should wake up just a bit.  In the 80's everybody went to jail?   That is factually incorrect.  And in the last crash?  Lots of shananigans, not one prosecution.  I'm not saying they are all skirting the law, I am saying that there is a lot of corruption and a lot of "insider" advantages that they have, that we do not have.  Again, the point remains, if you're so damn confident in your techanal, why don't you tell us exactly what the price of Bitcoin will be next week?  It's because you can't.  You don't know, and you won't admit it.  You are simply spouting off.

Need a hug Bro?

Smiley
JTPhotography

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:56:54 PM

I've written in another forum that this rise of Bitcoin isn't sustainable. There's no way it can keep rising like that for long.

Opinion, and there is really no historical data to back it up. Bitcoin doesn’t follow the rules that you’re used to applying.
zoran.drobnjak

Activity: 88
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:02:51 AM

Lets put things into another perspective and further explore ways how BTC price could be arbitrarily manipulated.

Assume that the rumors surrounding Tether are true.
Imagine I can arbitrarily print X millions of USDT - create value out of thin air - convert NOTHING into SOMETHING.
Next step, I use those millions to buy BTC - create X qty of BTC out of thin air - convert NOTHING into BTC.
Final step I cash out when BTC price suits me thus converting NOTHING into REAL MONEY.

Undecided
Coollikethat (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:10:04 AM

Lets put things into another perspective and further explore ways how BTC price could be arbitrarily manipulated.

Assume that the rumors surrounding Tether are true.
Imagine I can arbitrarily print X millions of USDT - create value out of thin air - convert NOTHING into SOMETHING.
Next step, I use those millions to buy BTC - create X qty of BTC out of thin air - convert NOTHING into BTC.
Final step I cash out when BTC price suits me thus converting NOTHING into REAL MONEY.

Undecided

I just read more on the Tether/USDT issue and the "audit' that is not really an audit.

I think with all the bad press re tether that they are at the very least raising the eyebrows of regulators.   Especially with talk of a possible link between this 1000 pt flash crash and related volatility. 

Probably will hear news about an official inquiry soon. Hopefully we have nothing to worry about.

Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:26:07 AM

I think the volatility in financial markets is normal. and it happens in every international market. I do not know exactly how much capital is needed, in the digital world the government does not intervene to regulate. and that's not fair.

So you would like a government to intervene in regulating cryptos?  That's kind of...exactly the opposite of the whole point.
The Government is not likely to be manipulating the prices right now, I am pretty sure that it's the rich guys that are trying to make people purchase their altcoins with the price swings on Bitcoin.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Coollikethat (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:26:52 PM

1500 pt drop just like that?! Nobody in there right mind dumps enough of their BTC holdings to cause a $1500 pt drop.  They sell slowly into the upward trend. 

so whats up then?

nagatraju

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:49:25 PM

The Government is not likely to be manipulating the prices right now, I am pretty sure that it's the rich guys that are trying to make people purchase their altcoins with the price swings on Bitcoin.

in any case, someone manages this and earns very well...the main thing is to be careful and to do the right actions in time to stay in the win
soulless1

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:21:34 AM

Various situations are constantly changing, and many things are changing overnight. You have to pay attention to the change and read the flow.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: