Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:11:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The long July 4th weekend  (Read 926 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 05:49:37 PM

Here in the states we have a holiday on Thursday. Most people will be taking Friday off. Look for a long weekend of not much money flowing into the market.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Jaroslaw

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

supernode

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 05:53:59 PM

we can hit 70$ or even 60$ by this time
MonadTran

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:03:49 PM

It might actually be that someone dumped in anticipation, in order to rebuy on the weekend.
I know, I know. Pure speculation.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:06:25 PM

Why would there be less money put into the market on a long weekend like this? (serious question)
Wouldnt the fact that more people will be off work mean they have more time to spend on the exchanges? Or is the opposite true?

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
Agricola

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:26:37 PM

Why would there be less money put into the market on a long weekend like this? (serious question)
Wouldnt the fact that more people will be off work mean they have more time to spend on the exchanges? Or is the opposite true?

I was asking the same thing. I believe a lot of speculators (I would not call them economist) on here make a great deal of exaggerated or flawed generalizations.
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:12:32 PM

The perfect storm is forming.

Gox banking issues are all expected to be fixed by tomorrow (it's Wednesday morning here right now)
The price has already been falling in a downtrend for the last month and a half.
Long US weekend

It's going to be an interesting week  Shocked
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:24:32 PM

Possibly because many speculators buy and sell while they are sitting at their computers at work.

If they are out at a BBQ and watching fireworks or traveling with the kids to the beach for the long weekend they are definitely NOT buying and selling bitcoins.

We will probably see reduced volume, but who know which way the market will go.
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:29:49 PM

I used to wonder this too. I work for myself from home so I'm always working on and off 7 days a week to some degree.

I assumed a lot of others would be the same but they're not - most people seem to do nothing all weekend.
sliding scale

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:39:22 PM

Possibly because many speculators buy and sell while they are sitting at their computers at work.

If they are out at a BBQ and watching fireworks or traveling with the kids to the beach for the long weekend they are definitely NOT buying and selling bitcoins.

We will probably see reduced volume, but who know which way the market will go.

I agree with this assessment, but think it will trend downward into the 80s or high 70s. Don't let it happen! Stay at your computer all weekend!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: