Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:47:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey! I'm new here :) Also would you be able to lend a hand?  (Read 457 times)
bhwd (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:32:02 PM

Hey Guys,

I'm new here and have only just started mining LTC and had a question or two. I am running it in CMD as I dont see the need for the gui and just wanted to make sure that it is working correctly? I don't even see anything about shares completed :/

This is what I constantly see:

https://i.imgur.com/WsZPYDw.png

Is this working properly or is something wrong?

In coinotron it does say that I have confirmed rewards but yeah just wanted to make sure i have set it up right!

Anyway, I hope to start mining on several computers soon so want to make sure i have one right Smiley

BHWD
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:35:52 PM

it's working properly man.
bhwd (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:38:51 PM

Great! Thank you Smiley

I know it is low and slow but hey...maybe once I get a few more rigs setup I can do more than an estimated 0.033 a day lol!

Would you happen to know if it is possible to use my Gainward GT 630 2GB GPU to mine as I am currently using my CPU?
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:40:52 PM

Great! Thank you Smiley

I know it is low and slow but hey...maybe once I get a few more rigs setup I can do more than an estimated 0.033 a day lol!

Would you happen to know if it is possible to use my Gainward GT 630 2GB GPU to mine as I am currently using my CPU?

Yes.  You can mine while using your computer.  For best results try a lower intensity while doing so.

I use my mining rig on occasion and can usually browse the net comfortable while the intensity on my primary GPU is at 14.
bhwd (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:42:45 PM

Thanks for this!

I have tried to use the gui to mine with my GPU but have had real difficulty with it. I don't seem to get it to work. screen just flashes and then it closes :S
kerneloops

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:44:59 PM

Great! Thank you Smiley

While you could, you're probably better off not using *any* Nvidia GPU's for mining. Most likely your GPU will be only marginally better than the CPU you're using, but with an added downside of increased fan noise and heat.
bhwd (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:49:24 PM

Ahh okay. My other computers have amd cards so im assuming theae would be better for this
kerneloops

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:05:25 PM

Yeah, AMD's are the way to go. Here's a chart to give you an idea what to expect:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison

What they don't mention in the charts is the noise and heat the GPU's generate. If you are planning on running a dedicated rig, to combat the heat I recommend keeping it all in the open. If you have a dark, musty room somewhere, you can really get into a "miner" mindset; throw on a helmet and a headlamp, with some oily rags on, and you have the complete experience!
bhwd (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:15:15 PM

Haha I will take that on board! I think I will use the dug out in my garden bfor full effect!  The rigs I have are completely open and just screwed to wooden boards and sat on a work bench. The room already has ac units from when I hosted my own dedicated servers so heat shoukdbt be a problem :-) thanks for the advice! !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: