Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:47:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency arbitrage? How to make it?  (Read 522 times)
AsKam (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:31:12 AM

Hi guys!
I just learned that it is possible to make good money using CC arbitrage.
Example: Buy on EXMO 0.1BTC for $100, Sell on Poloniex for $120. Profit $20.
I read a lot about this, but just found out this forum and maybe you can help me.
I can't find any normal trading platform because there is no difference in price at all. The all approximately sell and buy at the same price.
Maybe anyone have experience with this?

Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3836

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:09:03 AM

The price difference between exchanges are usually almost always going to be small for that exact reason; because people are doing arbitrage, like what you are exactly trying or planning to do. That's the challenge of doing arbitrage, is to  find certain coins and certain exchanges whereas the price difference is quite significant.

Try out using coinmarketcap and look at certain cryptocurrencies. After choosing a certain coin, click on the "Markets" tab.

This can probably help you check prices between exchanges.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
sabrikks

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 02:01:30 PM

it can be done but it's rare to find a good % of Roi unless your doing a big volume, then only it worth the work

cryptician12

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:06:33 PM

It used to be a lot easier a few years back. Now there's lots of bots out there trying to arbitrage.

Nevertheless, try to search for arbitrage during large market movements. I find that when prices fly either up or down, not all exchanges manage to move in tandem, hence you get an arbitrage opportunity.

One other thing to consider though is that you have to have your funds allocated correctly in order to actually capitalize on the opportunities. You might want to split your funds/coins between a few exchanges that you think you might be using.
AsKam (OP)

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:51:21 PM

Thanks a lot for your replies!
Maybe you can also tell me what is ICO tokens?
Is it the same as HYIP?

Thank you!
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18512

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:58:50 PM

Arbitrage is inherently risky. The widest spread between exchanges is going to be during big price fluctuations. How long will it take you to trade on one exchange, transfer the bitcoin to another exchange, and sell them there? The price difference may have disappeared in the time it takes you to do that.

The way around this is to have fiat sitting on a generally bearish exchange, and bitcoins sitting on a generally bullish exchange (taking bitcoin as an example). Then you can make both the trades at once. However, be aware that means you are reducing your holdings by half, as half your holdings are sitting in fiat waiting for an arbitrage opportunity.

So yes, it is possible, but it is risky, and you might make more gains by just buying and hodling.
Altas

Activity: 366
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:37:59 PM

Arbitrage trading is the way to make a profit. This will not be tried by large number of users, most of the time users get an opportunity to make an profit buying from one exchange and selling at the other. People used to do arbitrage trading buying from traders of one country ond sell it over the other. Such a trading happened with China in the past and now this is possible with the Indian market.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3836

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:31:02 AM

Arbitrage trading is the way to make a profit. This will not be tried by large number of users, most of the time users get an opportunity to make an profit buying from one exchange and selling at the other. People used to do arbitrage trading buying from traders of one country ond sell it over the other. Such a trading happened with China in the past and now this is possible with the Indian market.

I'm pretty sure a good number of people are doing arbitrage dude. Hence the low margins between most international exchanges. Not to mention the bots that are automatically made to do arbitrage too.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Manc89

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:02:23 AM

Arbitrage trading is remain good option but the problem only when we send any coin and need so many confirmation before we can see transaction in our account in another exchange.
So if that take too long maybe the price will run down then it lost.
This kind trading not always available since price is the  mostly the same in all exchange.
Always quick while you do this kind of trade. And use intant buy or sell to make everything quick.
thebucr

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:52:45 AM

Advise YouTube channel) For this topic  Wink
kobe24

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:23:00 AM

Is it the same as HYIP?

Thank you!
No they are not the same hyip is an ponzi scheme that makes promises that you can earn doing nothing but it's a scam. Ico means they will try to collect funda from investors for their development.

desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:31:10 AM

Hi guys!
I read a lot about this, but just found out this forum and maybe you can help me.
I can't find any normal trading platform because there is no difference in price at all. The all approximately sell and buy at the same price.

Thank you!

I have but so have to always stay in front of pc to see what coin that have different price between each exchange.
And when you do it you should be quick then you can get profit.
But waiting the transaction done between each exchange is disadvantage of this strategy.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:59:41 AM

Lol don't try arbitrage with 0.01BTC. The fees to transfer them will be infinitely larger than your profits. If you have a big amount it's worth it, but nothing under 100k is going to make you anything worthwhile.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:37:26 AM

Lol don't try arbitrage with 0.01BTC. The fees to transfer them will be infinitely larger than your profits. If you have a big amount it's worth it, but nothing under 100k is going to make you anything worthwhile.
Arbitrage is used for those who have large capital, for those who have little capital then this is quite detrimental.
Bitcoin transaction costs are increasingly becoming the reason why people who only have a small capital is not advised to do arbitrage.
KSCTeam

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:37:58 AM

Hi guys!

Thank you!
Well that is one way that traders are doing but you do not know the fee per withdrawal you pay for extremely high bitcoin if the profit you earn is low then you will suffer capital losses.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:50:44 AM

Hi guys!

Thank you!
Hi mate I just want to share to you the site or exchange that I used for checking some opportunity doing some arbitrage, you can use cryptopia exchange as they have this offer, giving us  information where to check different value of alts from each respected exchange.
NetDetective

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:51:51 AM

Hi guys!

Thank you!

That was really easy for you, but is it how is meant to be.
Buy @low standard and sell @ any profitable high.
I've doing this with macro/micro moves becaue I don't have much to invest and I'm able to earn.
I'd wish I had 200k for this kind of trades.
BitGenerator

Activity: 62

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:21:16 AM

I encourage people to check gunthar bot  up and running, trustwhorty member from the community which has an incredible money machine.
Imfinnabeon

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:34:14 AM

Is it the same as HYIP?

Thank you!

No ICO tokens are not the same as HYIP. HYIP are coins like Bitconnect and others whereas ICOs literally make tokens out of thin air with the hopes that they will succeed in the future. Not sure which one is worse though Roll Eyes

vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:35:26 AM

Is it the same as HYIP?

Thank you!

ICO tokens are not same thing as HYIP .
HYIP is a Ponzi Scheme. A scam that promises you high investment return when you invest but they ends up paying older investor with your money. When it reaches your turn, it folds or closes, and that is the moments you realize your money are gone.

But ICO tokens are just like when you purschase a shares of a company; its like a fundraising where you help a company gather up money to start a project and get paid in percentage of your investment. It is somewhat similar to IPO (Initial Public Offering).

But don't be deceived, some ICOs are scam and may do the same things an HYIP will do; that is, take your money and run off. Be careful when choosing an ICO.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: