Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:33:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Many Coins Could you Mine if ....  (Read 231 times)
pearsed (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:48:57 AM

Say you created your own Crypto currency and told no one of its existence and you had 12 x 6 GPU Mining Rigs how long woudl it take to mine 150,000 Coins and how much would it cost to mine that many ?

TheFudster

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:51:03 AM

It depends on how the coin is setup.

And Really if you created the coin you could just define x amount of coins to yourself

Altcoin devs do it all the time.
pearsed (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:03:59 AM

Pre-mining is frowned upon though is it not?

Say you wanted to create a Crypto currency that was totally mined and not pre-mined would the coin be more popular or does it make no difference?

I am working on a project that we will take ICO, aim is to build a large company and global service, the plan was to start with erc20 token and then create our own coin, was just wondering weather we should mine all the coins or pre-mine, not sure whats best.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6642

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 05:24:19 AM

Pre-mining is frowned upon though is it not?
I am working on a project that we will take ICO
It is, and so is making an ICO.

Say you wanted to create a Crypto currency that was totally mined and not pre-mined would the coin be more popular or does it make no difference?
It makes no difference because it will just be another ICO token among millions of other ICO tokens that no one has ever heard of or cares about.

The time it would take to mine X number of coins of a yet to be created altcoin is entirely dependent on the parameters you set for that altcoin. It will depend on the difficulty (the Proof of Work target parameter that you begin with), the target block rate, the hash algorithm, etc.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: