Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:02:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTT SCAM ICOs and Airdrop LIST  (Read 249 times)
DroidR17A (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:58:31 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 04:07:12 AM by DroidR17A

Every few days another ICO is announced on this forum. Some of them use airdrops as a lure - don't get me wrong, I like airdrops, but the ICO part is what we're concerned about here.

I invite you all to list and discuss potential scam ICOs in this thread. That doesn't mean add an announcement/project just because you don't like them, or didn't get free tokens, this is to help prevent people investing money in scams.

I'll start by listing two new ones from this week.

# 1: Amazon X Token (AmazonExchage) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2456939.0 ICO starting Dec 1st.
This is an obvious scam. They use Amazon's brand name and imagery on their site, and all over their Twitter feed, giving the impression it's an Amazon company, it's not.

The domain is registered to:  Vedran Hochberger, veky1918@gmail.com in Croatia - no affiliation to Amazon

The airdrop form is just for harvesting email addresses, and doesn't even have a field for MEW addresses.

# 2: Ethereum Universe https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2462231.0 ICO starting Dec 2nd.
This token claims that it will "revolutionize monetary policy in the entire world" and solve a plethora of issues with Ethereum and market adoption, claims to use "multiple hashing algorithms" to ensure security, etc., etc. Everything this token does is inherited from Ethereum. Roadmap includes numerous ridiculous claims.

Take a look at the website and roadmap to see what I mean: https://ethereumuniverse.org/

The ECR20 is about as basic as you can get:
Code:
pragma solidity ^0.4.11;

contract Token {
    string public symbol = "";
    string public name = "";
    uint8 public constant decimals = 18;
    uint256 _totalSupply = 0;
    address owner = 0;
    bool setupDone = false;

event Transfer(address indexed _from, address indexed _to, uint256 _value);
    event Approval(address indexed _owner, address indexed _spender, uint256 _value);

mapping(address => uint256) balances;

mapping(address => mapping (address => uint256)) allowed;

function Token(address adr) {
        owner = adr;        
    }

function SetupToken(string tokenName, string tokenSymbol, uint256 tokenSupply)
    {
        if (msg.sender == owner && setupDone == false)
        {
            symbol = tokenSymbol;
            name = tokenName;
            _totalSupply = tokenSupply * 1000000000000000000;
            balances[owner] = _totalSupply;
            setupDone = true;
        }
    }

function totalSupply() constant returns (uint256 totalSupply) {        
        return _totalSupply;
    }

function balanceOf(address _owner) constant returns (uint256 balance) {
        return balances[_owner];
    }

function transfer(address _to, uint256 _amount) returns (bool success) {
        if (balances[msg.sender] >= _amount
            && _amount > 0
            && balances[_to] + _amount > balances[_to]) {
            balances[msg.sender] -= _amount;
            balances[_to] += _amount;
            Transfer(msg.sender, _to, _amount);
            return true;
        } else {
            return false;
        }
    }

function transferFrom(
        address _from,
        address _to,
        uint256 _amount
    ) returns (bool success) {
        if (balances[_from] >= _amount
            && allowed[_from][msg.sender] >= _amount
            && _amount > 0
            balances[_from] -= _amount;
            allowed[_from][msg.sender] -= _amount;
            Transfer(_from, _to, _amount);
            return true;
        } else {
            return false;
        }
    }

function approve(address _spender, uint256 _amount) returns (bool success) {
        allowed[msg.sender][_spender] = _amount;
        Approval(msg.sender, _spender, _amount);
        return true;
    }

function allowance(address _owner, address _spender) constant returns (uint256 remaining) {
        return allowed[_owner][_spender];
    }
}

Please be careful where you invest your money, and if you find other obvious scams, please post them here with a brief description of why it's a scam.

Stephgmnl

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:38:51 AM

Every few days another ICO is announced on this forum. Some of them use airdrops as a lure - don't get me wrong, I like airdrops, but the ICO part is what we're concerned about here.

I invite you all to list and discuss potential scam ICOs in this thread. That doesn't mean add an announcement/project just because you don't like them, or didn't get free tokens, this is to help prevent people investing money in scams.

# 1: Amazon X Token (AmazonExchage) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2456939.0 ICO starting Dec 1st.
This is an obvious scam. They use Amazon's brand name and imagery on their site, and all over their Twitter feed, giving the impression it's an Amazon company, it's not.

The domain is registered to:  Vedran Hochberger, veky1918@gmail.com in Croatia - no affiliation to Amazon

The airdrop form is just for harvesting email addresses, and doesn't even have a field for MEW addresses.

# 2: Ethereum Universe https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2462231.0 ICO starting Dec 2nd.
This token claims that it will "revolutionize monetary policy in the entire world" and solve a plethora of issues with Ethereum and market adoption, claims to use "multiple hashing algorithms" to ensure security, etc., etc. Everything this token does is inherited from Ethereum. Roadmap includes numerous ridiculous claims.

Take a look at the website and roadmap to see what I mean: https://ethereumuniverse.org/

Code:
pragma solidity ^0.4.11;

contract Token {
    string public name = "";
    address owner = 0;
    bool setupDone = false;

event Approval(address indexed _owner, address indexed _spender, uint256 _value);

owner = adr;        
    }

{
        {
            symbol = tokenSymbol;
            name = tokenName;
            setupDone = true;
        }
    }

return _totalSupply;
    }

return balances[_owner];
    }

&& _amount > 0
            return true;
        } else {
            return false;
        }
    }

function transferFrom(
        address _from,
        address _to,
        uint256 _amount
            && _amount > 0
            return true;
        } else {
            return false;
        }
    }

return true;
    }

function allowance(address _owner, address _spender) constant returns (uint256 remaining) {
    }
}

Please be careful where you invest your money, and if you find other obvious scams, please post them here with a brief description of why it's a scam.

This thread is helpful,  I hope more people will actually comment and help us how to know the possible scam ICO. 
DroidR17A (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:46:54 PM

Here's another suspicious one...

House Panda
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2489546.0;topicseen

They claim to be incubated by NVIDIA as part of the NVDIA Inception Program, but provide no links to news announcements, or blogs on the NVIDIA inception site. They are not listed on the Inception member list, and have so far not responded to my requests for proof. Instead responding with threats. Their sites contains several links talking about the potential returns of ICOs, the world's top supercomputers, etc. but none of them mention House Panda, they're just general industry news.

I even offered to invest if they could prove me wrong, so far nada.
MyOddz

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

Here for a good time, not a long time.

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 06:56:40 PM

You're right, that contract is about as basic as they come. Did they just watch a youtube tutorial and copy it?  Grin

LOTS OF ETHEREUM ENS (.eth) NAMES AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE, CONTACT FOR DETAILS.
DroidR17A (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:31:38 PM

Just found another one...

Monetary Trading Network
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2539323.0;topicseen

These guys aren't even trying. No website, no team, no whitepaper, just a discord and slack channel where you can find out where to send 0.002 ETH or 0.0005 BTC in order to join their "Airdrop".

I highly recommend steering clear.
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:35:38 PM

Good thread, I think you are right to list scam ICO, when the ICO are listed in the scam, there will be no ivestors coming. The next is legit ICO only. I prefer ICo but not scam ICO with scam project. ICO with legit project will bring many investors. By listing SCAM ICO, we will be carful to invest
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 11:42:31 PM

This thread must be put in the sticky top of every thread. How I wish if the Bitcointalk mods can't filter out or screen every coin owners who post their ICO, then there must be a one landing page in this forum to view which ICO has a red flag.
DroidR17A (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:53:16 PM

Appreciate the positive feedback guys. Please participate in the thread and keep it active. Scammers are going to kill the decentralized nature of cryptocurrency. Regulators are increasingly imposing restrictions limiting ICO participation to institutional investors, making it impossible for people like us to participate. If we can help each other avoid unnecessary risk and educate newcomers, we may be able to self-regulate and get governments to ease up a bit.
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:04:25 AM

Code:
pragma solidity ^0.4.11;

contract Token {
    string public name = "";
    address owner = 0;
    bool setupDone = false;

owner = adr;        
    }

{
        {
            symbol = tokenSymbol;
            name = tokenName;
            setupDone = true;
        }
    }

return _totalSupply;
    }

return balances[_owner];
    }

&& _amount > 0
            return true;
        } else {
            return false;
        }
    }

function transferFrom(
        address _from,
        address _to,
        uint256 _amount
            && _amount > 0
            return true;
        } else {
            return false;
        }
    }

return true;
    }

}
}

This thread will help a lot of users that are finding ICO's to participated in , we will gonna watch those ICO that are being mentioned if its true scam or not , but we mist ne careful in investing our money with scams ICO. We don't want our  money to be thrown out without any profits at all. Scammers are all over the bitcointalk forum , people wants only for themselves to make profits from other peoples money. In the end they ran all the investments.

criticoflife

Activity: 353

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:17:41 AM

Good idea making this list OP. Not only scam ICO's but scam airdrops would be a good addition to it also. Out of the many airdrops i have applied for i received almost nothing from the majority of them which makes most of them scams also. They are actively phishing peoples names and wallet addresses so they can email us scam attempts to try and obtain all of our MEW private keys. I hope ion the future a lot of these scammers end up getting arrested and serve some serious jail time.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
DroidR17A (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:06:41 AM

Good idea making this list OP. Not only scam ICO's but scam airdrops would be a good addition to it also. Out of the many airdrops i have applied for i received almost nothing from the majority of them which makes most of them scams also. They are actively phishing peoples names and wallet addresses so they can email us scam attempts to try and obtain all of our MEW private keys. I hope ion the future a lot of these scammers end up getting arrested and serve some serious jail time.

Please feel free to add any obvious scams to the list, be they ICOs or airdrops. I've noticed a lot of "airdrops" that require a donation/processing fee, which isn't really an airdrop in my mind. I've updated the thread title to include airdrops too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: