Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:08:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction Confirmation times For alt coins  (Read 158 times)
PHaRTnONu (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:01:32 AM

Im looking for some one way to get the confirmation time frames for the alt coins out is there a resource out there with this listing? IE LTC <30 seconds 1 confirmation, <2 minutes 6+

that sort of thing.... OR even the average?
PHaRTnONu (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:01:43 PM

No one has a answer for any of them?
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:13:51 PM

It doesn't really matter. What you have to ask yourself is, "at what cost does faster confirmations come?"

Anyone can come up with their own Bitcoin clone, and make it faster (like Litecoin and so on), it means nothing, you are giving away security for cheaper and faster transactions, and also notice that the less people use a coin, the easier it is for it to be fast and cheap.

Ripple would be the fastest crypro currency... because it's not even a blockchain and is centralized.

Other non blockchain currencies like IOTA and Byteball claim instant confirmation times or something along the lines. From what i've read is just smoke and mirrors.
PHaRTnONu (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:58:12 AM

It doesn't really matter. What you have to ask yourself is, "at what cost does faster confirmations come?"

Anyone can come up with their own Bitcoin clone, and make it faster (like Litecoin and so on), it means nothing, you are giving away security for cheaper and faster transactions, and also notice that the less people use a coin, the easier it is for it to be fast and cheap.

Ripple would be the fastest crypro currency... because it's not even a blockchain and is centralized.

Other non blockchain currencies like IOTA and Byteball claim instant confirmation times or something along the lines. From what i've read is just smoke and mirrors.

sorry im not asking for investment purposes. its for arbitrage purposes. im wondering if the data points exist already instead of collecting them after the fact is the reason i was asking.

i just wanted to know if there was a listing of the average transfer times  for confirmations per alt coin's.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: