Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:56:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to invest in KnCminers  (Read 1167 times)
tacoman71 (OP)

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 12:05:00 AM

Hello there,
I am looking to preorder a 400 GH/s Jupiter miner from KnCminer. If interested, I will put up a listing on BTCjam. I have my identity verified plus a verified paypal on BTCjam if you are wary that I'll take the money and run in addition to an ebay account that has 11 positive feedback. I want to make it clear that these miners are going to ship this september. I will only start paying back when I get my miners. I will provide limited access to my KnCminer account so you can see when it exactly ships. Cheers!

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 12:12:46 AM

I want to make it clear that these miners are going might possibly to ship this september.

ftfy

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 12:18:59 AM

Hello there,
I am looking to preorder a 400 GH/s Jupiter miner from KnCminer. If interested, I will put up a listing on BTCjam. I have my identity verified plus a verified paypal on BTCjam if you are wary that I'll take the money and run in addition to an ebay account that has 11 positive feedback. I want to make it clear that these miners are going to ship this september. I will only start paying back when I get my miners. I will provide limited access to my KnCminer account so you can see when it exactly ships. Cheers!

What % do you have saved yourself and what % do you need?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
tacoman71 (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 12:39:01 AM

Hello there,

Well, unfortunately, I invested all my money I'm willing to invest I invested BFL singles last month before I learned about KNCminer. Too bad they'll probably be as useful as fancy paperweights when I get them in a few months. Anyways, I'm willing offer 5-10% interest for the entirety of $7000. I know that you may not be too thrilled to lend a stranger $7000, so I'm willing to do a loan of $4000 at 6% for a KNCminer Saturn that has half of the power, 200 GH/s.

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
Rippyzippers

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 12:58:31 AM

I cannot stress how careful anybody foolish enough to consider this is.

This account is barely a month old.

"Limited access" to your account?
If you were somehow lucky enough to get this loan, full access to your account should be granted and you should never even see the Bitcoins yourself, they should just be sent from the lender to pay for the gear, not that it makes anything more safe.

Ohhh bitcoin.

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Profit from a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
Donate: BTC:1EtqYNJruZBEQWxDcEFytro7R1PGULPAm8
Anonymous Masks for BTC!
tacoman71 (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:01:16 AM

On my BTCjam account, my identity is verified so if I'm a scammer, they know who I am.

Rippyzippers

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:04:38 AM

On my BTCjam account, my identity is verified so if I'm a scammer, they know who I am.

All of which will amount to nothing in the end.

You're just asking for too much and you have nothing to back it up.

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Profit from a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
Donate: BTC:1EtqYNJruZBEQWxDcEFytro7R1PGULPAm8
Anonymous Masks for BTC!
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:21:54 AM

It'd probably be best for the lender to place the order with KnC himself and have it shipped to the lenders address. At that point the lender can begin mining and when he has acquired enough coins to cover the initial cost + interest, then he can re-ship it to tacoman71. 

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:32:31 AM

It'd probably be best for the lender to place the order with KnC himself and have it shipped to the lenders address. At that point the lender can begin mining and when he has acquired enough coins to cover the initial cost + interest, then he can re-ship it to tacoman71. 

Why lender wouldn't like to keep it himself if he's paying 100% money lol.
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:40:52 AM

If he does, he'd be considered a scammer, but the only thing at stake is his rep and a broken promise. If the lender allows the order to be placed in the borrowers name, not only is rep at stake, but the $6.8k unit as well.

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:47:45 AM

If he does, he'd be considered a scammer, but the only thing at stake is his rep and a broken promise. If the lender allows the order to be placed in the borrowers name, not only is rep at stake, but the $6.8k unit as well.
No I mean why he will even give loan, He can easily buy it for himself and earn money and keep miner too.
Moogle

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

KUPO!

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 03:04:49 AM

you do realise its gonna take one heck of a long time to break even on a new asic miner now..... safe to say people aint gonna buy who one when you arent putting anything towards it. why not just buy it for themselves?

Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 10:39:02 AM

The others are right Tomatocage, there is no point for a lender to buy a KnC miner for someone else and then only get the mined coins as repayment... It would mean the borrower gets a free miner after a couple of months with no risk at all...

A solution would be if a lender buys the miner directly from knC (maybe partly financed by the borrower, like 20%), as soon as the miner arrives the lender is allowed to mine with it, all mined coins belong to the lender, as soon as the borrower pays the money plus the interest, the miner gets shipped to the borrower. But no borrower wants to make such a deal, then he would have to invest some of his own money and wouldnt get a free miner Smiley
vlees

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:09:28 AM

If he does, he'd be considered a scammer

Why? He stole nothing from the person he promised it to. He fully bought it himself and made a promise to eventually send it for free to some random guy. So he would break a promise but since said guy did not give anything in return nothing of value was lost to him.

Also: Don't even make the promise. If these things ship and you have enough money to burn, just buy it and keep it yourself without making any promises.

BEEP BEP
Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:20:07 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2013, 11:33:27 AM by Eisenhower34

If you make a deal as a lender  with a borrower and break it afterwards then you are a scammer, no matter if the other party constibuted anything or not as long as you accepted the deal and the other party "fullfilled" his part... its as simple as breaking a contract...
vlees

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:14:34 PM

If you make a deal as a lender  with a borrower and break it afterwards then you are a scammer, no matter if the other party constibuted anything or not as long as you accepted the deal and the other party "fullfilled" his part... its as simple as breaking a contract...

I will send you 21 million BTC in 1 second.

You feel scammed now?

BEEP BEP
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:24:26 PM

If he does, he'd be considered a scammer

Why? He stole nothing from the person he promised it to. He fully bought it himself and made a promise to eventually send it for free to some random guy. So he would break a promise but since said guy did not give anything in return nothing of value was lost to him.

Also: Don't even make the promise. If these things ship and you have enough money to burn, just buy it and keep it yourself without making any promises.

That's what I just said.

Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:41:31 PM

The others are right Tomatocage, there is no point for a lender to buy a KnC miner for someone else and then only get the mined coins as repayment... It would mean the borrower gets a free miner after a couple of months with no risk at all...

Exactly. There is no point in filling this loan at all.

cardcomm

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:56:53 PM

Hello there,

Well, unfortunately, I invested all my money I'm willing to invest I invested BFL singles last month before I learned about KNCminer. Too bad they'll probably be as useful as fancy paperweights when I get them in a few months. Anyways, I'm willing offer 5-10% interest for the entirety of $7000. I know that you may not be too thrilled to lend a stranger $7000, so I'm willing to do a loan of $4000 at 6% for a KNCminer Saturn that has half of the power, 200 GH/s.

ROFL! You ordered BFL singles LAST MONTH, and now we are supposed to respect your business sense enough to loan you 7 grand?

I love this forum. It's WAY more entertaining than going to the movies!  hahahaha

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
nubbins
Legendary

Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:50:10 PM

in addition to an ebay account that has 11 positive feedback

Seems legit  Grin

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: