Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:45:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why there is so much hatred towards the Winklewii?  (Read 2147 times)
bitbryan

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:05:29 PM

I just don't get it. I mean, I use to think that they are total tools, but more I hear about them, more my appreciation grows for them.

anyone that supports bitcoin enough to publically make a bitcoin startup is AWESOME in my book... but agreed they are total tools!

"Life is a waterfall, we drink from the river then turn around and put up our walls"
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:15:01 PM

I have a huge respect for a  Mark and he is one of my heroes. And it is clear that it was Zuck's vision that made Facebook what it is today.

A cesspool of idiocy filled with kitten pictures and advertisements to help someone on their virtual farm?

Facebook hasn't been cool in years.  
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 02:18:47 PM

I don't hate the Winkelvoss twins, I don't really hate Zuckerburg either, I do think they're a bunch of douchebags though, it's a bit like some of the internet drama you see even on this forum where you see two people having a clearly private fight in an extremely public way and are taking advantage of the attention they're getting when it's just totally unnecessary. The only reason I myself use facebook is because unfortunately most of my friends use it, I tend to just use it for messaging and chatting, I do think you have to be a complete fool to broadcast your life like that as well which is why I jerk facebook around by not posting any of my real details up etc. lol Cheesy.

Yeah, it's good people like them are taking an interest in Bitcoin I suppose, it just goes to show you that Bitcoin is becoming a real currency because if they're learning about it then it won't be long before everyone else joins in too.
tkbx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:20:15 PM

Because people don't seem to understant that it's called a movie, not a documentary, for a reason.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:59:32 PM

Oh pleeeease, just look at these people.

Tell me you can look at these douches without feeling an ever growing need to bash their faces in, I dare you.

Look at this shit.

Loooooook at this.

Here's a stick. Here's a head. You know you want to. Let that desire consume you.

Can you hear the "Splorrrcht" in your mind? How good it sounds? Can you imagine the wails of the brother yet unhit? The symphony of broken organs?

Indulge yourself. Let there be hurt and let there be pain.

From the desk of Mark Zuckerberg
FirstAscent

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:16:29 PM

They are the classic example of software startup failure due to lack of programming talent.

I wouldn't call them a failure. I mean what kind of car are you driving? What kind of girls are you dating? How much money do you have in your bank account?

Truth is that Winklewiis are winners in this life.

Actually, they are not. The only reason they have money is because:

A. They started out with some.
B. The got lucky when they chose their programmer.

Although their programmer bailed on them, it just so happened that Facebook happened.

Imagine if they hadn't chose Zuckerberg. Two things most likely would've happened:

1. The programmer would've been compliant, and the twins would've been calling the shots. Likely, nothing huge would've happened.
2. The programmer wouldn't have been very good.

You see, it actually takes programmers to determine if programmers are any good at what they do. That's the number two rule in venture capital. Number one is passion.

Here's another tidbit of info: Really good programmers go on to become venture capitalists. And they know how to pick good startups founded by programmers (with passion).

The twins are neither programmers with passion, nor venture capitalist material. What they are is a pair of aspiring venture capitalists who are too stupid to realize that they shouldn't be in that business.
Gordonium (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:44:38 PM

Actually, they are not. The only reason they have money is because:

So what? It's all about bucks, rest is just conversation. Even if you win by luck, you are still winner.

Here's another tidbit of info: Really good programmers go on to become venture capitalists. And they know how to pick good startups founded by programmers (with passion).

The twins are neither programmers with passion, nor venture capitalist material. What they are is a pair of aspiring venture capitalists who are too stupid to realize that they shouldn't be in that business.

Sure, but there are exceptions to every rule (Im not saying that the twins are, but that doesn't matter). Some of the best VCs are from non-programming backrounds. In your view someone like Peter Thiel isnt VC material? Well, quess what? He is.
bitbryan

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:54:21 PM

they got jacked by a gross little nerd like zuckerberg

"Life is a waterfall, we drink from the river then turn around and put up our walls"
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:58:20 PM

Best thing that ever happened to them.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 06:10:16 PM

The problem with the Winklevii is that it's pretty damn obvious they got into Bitcoin primarily due to its speculative potential, not so much because they believe on it. We know for a fact they are driven by money.

If I recall correctly, at one time--not too long ago--us bitcoiners were seeking any notables to embrace Bitcoin regardless of their personal motives for doing such. Reason being is that a rising tide raises all ships.

Should we halt Worpress's embracing of Bitcoin simply because they may have done so for the potential profit oppose to only loving its fundamentals?

To paraphrase some movie line, "Profit is good!"
bitbryan

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:19:42 PM

Best thing that ever happened to them.

hahaha omg your soooooo right!!! they got the only recognition they would hve ever gotten!

asically

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:39:21 PM

I'm almost sure they tried to screw zuckerberg and ended up getting screwed themselves. It's really hard to cheat an honest person.

Now mark is a BILLIONARE in stocks leaving us with these heart broken Douche seeking a second chance.

The twins are attempting to match zuckerberg success with the help of Bitcoin, as if this is some kinda love triangle....

Gordonium (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:45:00 PM

I'm almost sure they tried to screw zuckerberg and ended up getting screwed themselves. It's really hard to cheat an honest person.

Now mark is a BILLIONARE in stocks leaving us with these heart broken Douche seeking a second chance.

The twins are attempting to match zuckerberg success with the help of Bitcoin, as if this is some kinda love triangle....

Well I am pretty sure that twins made also more money with Facebook than what your whole family will made in their whole lifetimes. It is not like they went broke or something. I mean, camoon...
bitbryan

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:26:56 PM

Well I am pretty sure that twins made also more money with Facebook than what your whole family will made in their whole lifetimes. It is not like they went broke or something. I mean, camoon...

they defintly tried to bully zuckerberg into doing what they wanted thinking they could control the nerd. they failed. MESERABLY! now lets move onto something that seems to have monitary value on the internet so lets try and bullly the bitcoin community. they are going to fail miserably.

one of their sponsors are bitinstant, idk whats going on with bitinstant but they arent doing transactions thatts for sure.

Gordonium (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:25:17 PM

they failed. MESERABLY!

They made millions with the law suit. How is that failing miserably? How much money have you made in your life?
bitbryan

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:28:16 PM

they failed. MESERABLY!

They made millions with the law suit. How is that failing miserably? How much money have you made in your life?

failed in a sence they did not accomplish what they had set out to do. not failed in becoming infamous or millionairs, so whats with the attitude Gordonium?

FirstAscent

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:39:48 PM

they failed. MESERABLY!

They only made millions because they had the random and lucky fortune to have chosen Zuckerberg as their programmer. Best thing that ever happened to them.

They are essentially lottery winners. I generally don't judge someone's merit by virtue of the fact that said person won a lottery.
hany103

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:27:35 AM

I don't hate them but the movie gave me a bad first impression.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:29:45 PM

They look like inbred elitists.

I'm grumpy!!
bitbryan

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:24:42 PM

They look like inbred elitists.

their chins can be used as a flotation device.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: