Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:27:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-11-30] Turkish religious figures: Bitcoin does not suit Islam  (Read 8575 times)
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:54:36 PM

Is the religion in Turkey different from the religion in United Arab Emirates? As I know in UAE (Dubai) it is possible to buy apartments with bitcoin already and they don't point that it is not by Koran or something like that. So I don't understand why Turkey is playing itself as the most religious one?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:53:57 AM

LOL Smiley. How much the Turkish government paid for this "opinion"? Religious figures should do their job and deal with prayers and sould instead of messing with money.
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:30:52 PM

Bitcoin doesn't suit ISLAM , really!!
as a Muslim I do not see any incompatibility between bitcoin and ISLAM principals , ( ISLAM interdicts  what humanity does : theft, unethical hacking, cheating...) Bitcoin is just like gold or Turkish lira or any other currency , it just seems to be suitable for every honest person whatever is his religious background
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:41:11 PM

and what is it that fits Islam? will it be the terrorist attacks? the disgusting customs they have? They should not go on giving a nonsensical hunch with this weird religion. At the end of the article it says the following:

" Interestingly enough, the authorities of Iran, one of the most conservative countries in the world with very strong Islamic traditions, did not say anything about Bitcoin in terms of religion, at least lately. What they actually stated on cryptocurrency is that they are ready to welcome it after the necessary regulations are developed. "

what matters is what will the government do

Comparing both Iranian and Turkish bitcoin treatment , we can say , ( in what concerns digital currencies) : Turkey is financially a  theocrat state, while the theocratic Islamic republic of Iran is financially a secular state ...what a great paradox
RedX

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:59:44 AM

Religious figures should do their work. When they begin to interfere in the economy and finance of the state, this always ends badly.
LOL Grin The question is simple; does USD suit Islam or not? If USD suit islam so does BTC, and if not, then Muslims should stop using both of them. The only difference between USD and BTC is USD is physical while BTC is digital... I don't know why religions figures always want to interfere in something that they never understand and end up given their followers bad motivations and leave them stranded without any proper solution.

Religion has nothing to do with the financial system. I agree that they shouldn't be involved in this because when does Islam religion made a large contribution to any currencies or in the market? I don't have anything against Islam but they should just keep quiet instead of dropping statements about bitcoin.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:23:05 AM

They will throw everything at it including the kitchen sink hehe. On reading that news, I now truly reckon that bitcoin has finally arrived and reached the mainstream. Also, who would have imagined a religious organization would make a comment against bitcoin 3 years ago?

You got a big point. When something has not yet arrived, nobody would be wasting some time to comment on much more to do some research and analyze is something can fit within one's religious beliefs. I am sure that this stand on Bitcoin is not a very good researched and they might have failed to talk to people who are already in Bitcoin. They only saw the bad headlines in the mainstream media and based on those one-sided news come up with statement against Bitcoin. Or maybe that because Bitcoin started in the Western world they should not have any part on it. Whichever can be the underlying grounds, am sure that in the coming years this position can be gradually changed into acceptance and embrace for Bitcoin and the technology behind it. The Middle East is representing a good market for Bitcoin because many possess a good amount of capital and I understand that there are now moneyed personalities based on this region that are now into Bitcoin and many are doing it secretly to avoid any scrutiny and maybe persecution from shallow-minded people.
koinsever

Activity: 882
Merit: 524

For Rent

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:42:58 AM

lol
because our government cannot take tax from BTC. if they can i believe diyanet says "BTC suit for Islam. allow BTC or go to hell"

in my opinion BTC is halal. use it, believe it. in BTC we trust.

For rent...
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:54:06 PM

The conservative religious organization has declared that Bitcoin, the most famous cryptocurrency and right now, also the most expensive one, is not corresponding with the principles of Muhammad’s teachings. This organization, quite surprisingly, resides not in the Middle East, where in some countries, the TV shows are dedicated to what suits Islam and what does not, but in the relatively secular Turkey.

The Diyanet, which is how the Directorate of Religious Affairs in Turkey is also called, has stated that because Bitcoin is not controlled by any authority and has properties which easily allow its use as a...Read more BTC

I can very well say, "TO EACH HIS OWN". If these people are against Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies because of religion, so be it. You cannot force feed unto someone just because it works for you. You have to be considerate when relating matters to others as the latter may not find your judgment sound and reasonable. Religion dictates no reason, and it is something beyond science. Hence, there is no point in arguing about its teachings when neither religion nor your beliefs are proven. Let them be. They are entitled to their beliefs. Cheers!

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: