Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:12:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Account is banned. Please help!  (Read 484 times)
Crasengover (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:30:09 AM

Hello.
Last week my wife's account (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1115064) was banned:

"Sorry Iolanna, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
You have been banned by a forum moderator. You may appeal here: banappeals-w6pquw43@theymos.e4ward.com"

She made a mistake and posted the same message in different threads. She wrote a letter to banappeal but didn't get any answer. She understood that she made a mistake and promise to be more attentive next time. This account is vital for her, because it's her only work.

Is there any opportunity to unban her account?
I already sent PM to Theymos several days ago, but didn't get any answer.
I'll be very grateful for any help or advice.

Thanks in advance!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:04:30 AM

Hello.
Last week my wife's account (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1115064) was banned:

"Sorry Iolanna, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
You have been banned by a forum moderator. You may appeal here: banappeals-w6pquw43@theymos.e4ward.com"

She made a mistake and posted the same message in different threads. She wrote a letter to banappeal but didn't get any answer. She understood that she made a mistake and promise to be more attentive next time. This account is vital for her, because it's her only work.

Thanks in advance!
I don't want you to count me mean, but don't you know that copy-paste cases lead to permanent banning on the forum? Your wife posted the same sentence, just changed the first part a little. Someone must be reported to a moderator this case. We don't know was that a mistake or she did it for purpose, but I doubt that Theymos is really caring about that. You can write appeal emails and PMs to him, but the maximum you can expect is that he will prove that your wife a copy-paster. My suggestion to your wife to be careful the next time and to read forum's rules. Good luck!
Crasengover (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:30:08 AM

I don't want you to count me mean, but don't you know that copy-paste cases lead to permanent banning on the forum? Your wife posted the same sentence, just changed the first part a little. Someone must be reported to a moderator this case. We don't know was that a mistake or she did it for purpose, but I doubt that Theymos is really caring about that. You can write appeal emails and PMs to him, but the maximum you can expect is that he will prove that your wife a copy-paster. My suggestion to your wife to be careful the next time and to read forum's rules. Good luck!

But she was already member on the forum, and it took a lot of time and efforts to get such rank. She's sitting with our small son at home and tries to earn something using this forum. It was her first mistake, she never broke the forum rules before. Why should she get perpament ban? Isn't there any change to correct her mistake?
This is more than important for us. We earn for living thanks to this forum.
I can't believe that there's no change to recover her account.
I respect forum rules and agree that everyone who brakes them should get a penatly. But it's too cruel to get perpament ban without any chance to recove just for one mistake.

TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 11:38:44 AM

But she was already member on the forum, and it took a lot of time and efforts to get such rank. She's sitting with our small son at home and tries to earn something using this forum. It was her first mistake, she never broke the forum rules before. Why should she get perpament ban? Isn't there any change to correct her mistake?
I respect forum rules and agree that everyone who brakes them should get a penatly. But it's too cruel to get perpament ban without any chance to recove just for one mistake.

Some rules infractions only receive a tempory ban but more serious ones such as copy/pasting and spamming low value comments result in a permanent ban. If you received a permanent ban then the moderators consider that what you were doing was worthy of that punishment and it is very unlikely that an appeal will change their minds. This is a forum for Bitcoin and cryptocurrency enthusiasts to discuss relevant topics and news, not a workplace.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:09:34 PM

Abusing bounties with copy pasted posts should deserve a lot more than a ban. That is not an honest way of making a living.

greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:28:57 PM

But she was already member on the forum, and it took a lot of time and efforts to get such rank.
As I know to reach a Member rank it takes around 2,5 months and it is not so much if to compare with higher ranks like Hero member which asks more than a year of daily activity on the forum and that is really a lot. So, your wife didn't loose too much.
She's sitting with our small son at home and tries to earn something using this forum. It was her first mistake, she never broke the forum rules before.
Man, man, man. Believe me it is the worst idea ever to say how she and you use this forum for making money, no matter for your family situation and a child, nobody actually care about that. And trust me - people on the forum, especially moderators and managers do not like when someone use this forum for making money; even if they do so and 100% of users do so - never say that for better or you will find new problems on your head.
Why should she get perpament ban?
I will repeat: she is a copy-paster and it leads to permanent banning, which can't be removed.
Isn't there any change to correct her mistake?
I suppose you wanted to say "chance". There is no chance for your wife.
Believe it. Everything is done for protecting the forum from such people as your wife, who think that they can get easy money from the campaign and fool everybody with simple copy-pasting.
Man, learn on this mistake and don't repeat it ever again. Good luck!
Mainman08

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:21:31 PM

Your a member in this forum you know the rules. But you do it. You break the rules in this forum now you face the consequence. No one can help you about that. 

Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:51:00 PM

I like your project! I hope you fulfill all that you have planned and DVD will become one of the most valuable coin on the market.
Great project! I hope you fulfill all that you have planned and DVD will become one of the most valuable coin on the market.
Interesting project! I hope you fulfill all that you have planned and DVD will become one of the most valuable coin on the market.

Three posts in three different altcoin announcement threads, with the same sentence.
and the weird thing is she mentioned DVD while three threads were for DEMETER (DMT), Rebellious (REBL), and HOLDME
I'm not sure where she copied the post from but it looked like fatal mistake to me

and you explicitly say the obvious here, the bolded words, that would make it even harder to recover her account
because the main idea of this forum is to exchange information, discuss and learn about bitcoin and crypto currency
not solely for money making or posting as a line of work eventhough it is inevitable nowadays

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 03:46:31 AM

Looking at "your wife's" posts, she was probably banned for absolutely garbage post quality.

Hopeful2017

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Greentoken-invest in ecology

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:59:40 AM

Hello.

Thanks in advance!
You have the same case with my brother. Actually he is the one who encourage me to join here.nThen when i find it interesting I started to read about the rules and regulations here. Copy pasting is really a big no no here in the forum. Actually, my brothef never recovered his banned account anymore. I suggest, be very careful next time.. Bitcoin forum is a place where you can share your knowledge and ideas about bitcoin and not to steal anyone's ideas. No offense, Be very careful again...

silverleew1

Activity: 84
Merit: 16

Begone junkers!

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:59:46 PM

1. She's sitting with our small son at home and tries to earn something using this forum.
2. Isn't there any change to correct her mistake?
3. I can't believe that there's no change to recover her account.
4. But it's too cruel to get perpament ban without any chance to recove just for one mistake.

1. If you trying earn something by using a forum then you should contribute the forum. There is Donate section for you and your wife to gain access of certain section of this forum.
2. There is a chance but no change of your status.. You still can access the forum then why not let your wife using your account?
3. You got to believe it now :3.
4. If someone broke your home by saying a mistake.. Will you forgive him? (careful once you say yes then 1355461 active member of this forum might want to broke your home and saying it's a mistake.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: