Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:12:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to track forks?  (Read 260 times)
Juggy777 (OP)

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:33:58 AM

Each day I wake up and there's a possibility of a new fork in Bitcoins, initially it all seemed fun you get new coins but now it's a pain to keep track of forks. First Bcc happened, then Bitcoin gold. Now there is news coming of a silver and platinum fork, just the other day Liza was supposed to come and segwit2x is already waiting in the wings. How does one keep a track of this forks and are there any other ones may have missed, this effects btc prices a lot, anyway to keep a track of them.
criptoman83

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:05:55 AM

Im just reading a lot of news in forum, twitter and other crypto sources. But even that doent help sometimes, Liza fork i missed Grin too many forkes last year, everybody wish to make free money.

Opquar

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:07:58 AM

Just keep your eyes peeled for news. If no one talks about a particular fork, that means it is worthless. You will for sure hear about forks that matter, like BCH and segwit2x.
smartut

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:08:32 AM

ther is a llist on any fork that heppend to bitcoinin this site - http://mapofcoins.com/bitcoin

idk if you can see upcoming forks, but thos how heppend are ther/
LteilwaL

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:09:10 AM

We can't track hard fork that is the fundamental of this bitcoin
youghten

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:04:09 PM

Each day I wake up and there's a possibility of a new fork in Bitcoins, initially it all seemed fun you get new coins but now it's a pain to keep track of forks. First Bcc happened, then Bitcoin gold. Now there is news coming of a silver and platinum fork, just the other day Liza was supposed to come and segwit2x is already waiting in the wings. How does one keep a track of this forks and are there any other ones may have missed, this effects btc prices a lot, anyway to keep a track of them.

Forks of bitcoin is only try to gain fast money in short time .

Most of real project start using them names not using others name .

all this make many forks only Scam coins and it is so risky to invest in it .
Juggy777 (OP)

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:25:27 AM

Hi, all when I just checked on the net I saw that btc silver has been forked and it's available to trade. Now I wish to know can we claim this coin using private key? If yes which is it wallet and how do we do it? I am not claiming it now, the same way I doing with gold, once there is clarity it's safe then l'll. Need to know can we or can we not cliam this coins using our private key? Also which other forks are on their way? So will claim all together next year. Thanks in advance for the information.
colonel_koval

Activity: 62
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:37:14 AM

Hi, all when I just checked on the net I saw that btc silver has been forked and it's available to trade. Now I wish to know can we claim this coin using private key? If yes which is it wallet and how do we do it? I am not claiming it now, the same way I doing with gold, once there is clarity it's safe then l'll. Need to know can we or can we not cliam this coins using our private key? Also which other forks are on their way? So will claim all together next year. Thanks in advance for the information.

I don't know anything about that particular coin, but generally you need three things to be able to claim new coin and do it safely:
1. that a replay protection is enabled in a forked coin (BTC Silver in your case)
2. that you send your bitcoins safely away to some new wallet fully controlled by you before you start messing with a new forked coin
3. that the devs prepared a fork of a bitcoin core full node. Use that fork as a btc silver full node, replace the wallet .dat with the wallet.dat you had for bitcoin AFTER you send all your bitcoins to some new address.

In the past, there have been reports from people that the new software (even listed on official forked coin page) was a malware and stealed BOTH the new coin and BTC that was in the wallet. So follow the steps I have listed above to be on the safe side.

Good luck!
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:05:14 AM

your best choice (which also happens to be very risky since exchanges are not to be trusted like this) is to leave your bitcoin on exchanges to get the new coins and sell them on sight. because in order to claim (for example this one that you are asking) you must move your bitcoins first. and with current network state which has a very high fee, it is not financial sane to do this! and even if you do, you may not get as much as you are paying for fees since the price of most of these new coins are so small.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
ir.yance

Activity: 354
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:52:35 AM

I have read a lot of news on my forums, twitter and other crypto sources. sometimes it can help us, everyone wants to make free money. for that people now use bitcoin
Crypto-2X

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Crypto is everything!!

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:58:09 AM

There are 3 upcoming fork for the BTC and the BTC price will be rise again.
Keep ready for that.
colonel_koval

Activity: 62
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:48:03 PM

I recently noticed that a wiki page (the one that you can routinely google) is well updated with recent fork info. I guess, it is in the best interest of fork devs to update it so they do it and we all can benefit
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: