Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:39:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How the Bitcoin Bubble Will Pop  (Read 601 times)
levalencia (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:29:55 PM

I am not an expert but I saw this video, and I wanted to ask your opinion on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyoABcfdyAA
levalencia (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:00:56 PM

need a 2nd opinion please anyone?

up
sabrikks

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 02:05:35 PM

The real truth is no one know what will happend, like no one expected or predicted that it will rise to 10k in this short time period.
Maybe the bubble will pop and maybe not, so if you are predicting a pop than do what's necessary to keep yourself safe

levalencia (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:07:30 PM

thanks for your opinion
trapp19

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:11:46 PM

treating bitcoin like gold, silver, that  one can store and save for a rainy day(when price is right) is not exactly wrong thinking. bitcoin is meant to be used as an alternative for fiat currency, buy and purchase goods etc. Now for me i do not treat bitcoin as a bubble as such that it has it has uses for everyday life like my examples.End users of bitcoin will always be there, either hodl'ing them or using them as currency,,, no crashes in my mind if you ask me.
bitcoinvamp

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:22:40 PM

I am not an expert but I saw this video, and I wanted to ask your opinion on this:

Yeah i just saw the video and there are chances that it might pop but still nothing can be said with the proper confirmation . Apart from that bitfinex and tether and tether scam there may be other reasons behind the bitcoin bubble will pop. There may be several government restrictions and other problems which might end it. Or there may be nothing of this sought and may be bitcoin will rise and shine forever.
levalencia (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:11:52 PM

thanks for your opinions, really appreciated
Jeffplsgo

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:14:51 PM

The bitcoin bubble will pop some day,but i firmly believer that it will go to 100k/coin before that.Looking at how it is just starting to hit the mainstream atm
Sachinist

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:23:06 PM

In the immediate future, it will be due to tether scam orchestrated by bitfinex. To save the market, everyone should avoid bitfinex and the exchange needs to be shut down immediately.
Silenox

Activity: 546
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:23:27 PM

1 BTC is a 1 BTC, what can happen is a bubble in fiat currency, this is a problem only for those who want to hold and then exchange for fiat.
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:31:19 PM

1 BTC is a 1 BTC, what can happen is a bubble in fiat currency, this is a problem only for those who want to hold and then exchange for fiat.

Thats true, but as bitcoin is highly associated with the fiat value and therefore all other coins that are traded against bitcoin are also measured in value by the value bitcoin is given through fiat trading, this whole ecosystem will collapse if we see the fiat bubble burst. Just my opinion.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:41:54 PM

What is a pop?

Do you mean when many individuals choose to sell their bitcoin?  That is called a correction. It simply means that the current valuation differs from what the market of bitcoin users thinks. That is the way the market is supposed to work. The only way to keep these swings from happening is with strict controls on how and when you may trade your bitcoin. Is that what we want? Unlike a stock bubble and pop, bitcoin works just as well at $1 as $100,000. #Chillax

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:43:12 PM

There were three options represented on this video and they have nothing towards bitcoin.
The first was about admitting crypto currencies as fraud and that can't happen worldwide. The second was about ICOs and even if all ICOs will be banned it will has no effect on bitcoin itself, maybe it is going to be even for good - less scam and shit tokens, you know  Wink And the third - there are countries where bitcoin is illegal for some year already and no doubt there will be countries which will join to that group; but again, I doubt it is going to be worldwide and there always will be some loyal countries towards crypto currencies.
dasdo

Activity: 216

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:45:12 PM

As already tired of these discussions, bubble bitcoin or not. Whether he bursts or not. If you think this all the time, you will not earn much. In general, without risking a lot of money not to earn, remember this.
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:05:54 PM

Hackers have never been breached Bitcoin itself and what happened to Mt. Gox exchange before is an isolated case but we can't take it for granted though, it may happen to some other big Bitcoin exchanges in the future but in my opinion it's less likely to happen again because the security of cryptocurrency exchanges right now are heighten after that event. For as long as Bitcoin remain unhackable and reliable in sending transactions it will last and no Bitcoin Bubble will pop.

mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:08:44 PM

If you are a long term holder than you should keep a close eye on every update/news regarding bitcoin or crypto market in all so that you can make either early exit or entry if there is something big coming. But keep in mind that bitcoin price has gone through lots of pumps and dumps before but in overall trend it is increasing on price vs time graph.

All pumps and dumps can only affect short term traders and we should consider those big swings as opportunity to multiply our total bitcoin holding rather than a bubble pop.
Delos

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:39:34 PM

If it pop its on us all.

It depends on what we do with the bitcoin.

If we use the bitcoin it will be strong and stable.

iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:48:34 PM

The real truth is no one know what will happen, like no one expected or predicted that it will rise to 10k in this short time period. Maybe the bubble will pop and maybe not, so if you are predicting a pop than do what's necessary to keep yourself safe.

I could not really understand why many people will continue on speculating on the date when the pop can happen. Yes, nobody knows and nobody can be really sure even if what is happening with Bitcoin right now can be a bubble or not. These people, there are many people who started to brand themselves experts on Bitcoin and cryptocurrency yet they just started a month ago. Some people love to get some attention by predicting something negative about Bitcoin.

One thing for sure, if anyone is afraid that Bitcoin will pop then it is time to withdraw the Bitcoin and convert them into the fiat money...and may I suggest also stop looking at CMC especially if there would be a surge as it can be pointless. There will always be the risks as in anything in life but I am staking here because I believe in its future irregardless of what self-professing 'experts' are saying against it.
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:01:33 PM

I saw this Youtube video a few weeks ago. I must say i did enjoy it. I think the presenter presented some very interesting arguments. However noone can say he is correct or not. Time will tell. It will be only after the bubble has popped that we will say, yes he called it and was right. For now we will just appreciate the material and continue buying the dips. I enjoyed the video, I must say.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:29:14 PM

It's funny that the video focuses on single negative events and describes them like another one could be the end game. We have survived all of those things. Mt.Gox died, the Chinese government took a stance against traders to stop them from moving money abroad. And what? Nothing happened, besides a year of the bear which was to be expected. We were artificially pumped by Willie bot and still haven't gone down to 0. There's really not much they can do to us now.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███