Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:38:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help new users with the rank calculations  (Read 199 times)
bear100 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:37:18 PM

Hello all.
I joined btt on October 29, 2017, and have already managed to make more, than 100 posts. But still my rank is Jr. Member and activity is 42. I saw the other user, who joined on September 20, 2017, made 97 posts and he (or she) has Member rank and 70 activity. How can it be?
I have read the thread with the forum rules and explanation of the rank calculations. But it didn't help.
Please, help me to understand the process. I am sure many other new users will find this thread useful.
jlaw007

Activity: 210
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:53:09 PM

Hi, I think its not on the number of post but the quality of the post you make. In local forums they start deleting zero value posts and posts that is not related to Bitcoin. You can check the the Newbies read before posting. Maybe some of your post were deleted or not counted. Quality over quantity. Good luck to us.  Wink
bear100 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:58:50 PM

Hi, I think its not on the number of post but the quality of the post you make. In local forums they start deleting zero value posts and posts that is not related to Bitcoin. You can check the the Newbies read before posting. Maybe some of your post were deleted or not counted. Quality over quantity. Good luck to us.  Wink
If any of my posts were deleted, so it would be shown less number of made posts in my profile. And the quality of posts is good. I usually post in Bitcoin discussion, Altcoin discussion, Economy and Services threads. And the posts are not short.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:35:03 PM

Hi, I think its not on the number of post but the quality of the post you make. In local forums they start deleting zero value posts and posts that is not related to Bitcoin. You can check the the Newbies read before posting. Maybe some of your post were deleted or not counted. Quality over quantity. Good luck to us.  Wink
If any of my posts were deleted, so it would be shown less number of made posts in my profile. And the quality of posts is good. I usually post in Bitcoin discussion, Altcoin discussion, Economy and Services threads. And the posts are not short.

He has been on the site (and posted ) for more periods then you have been, which means he could potentially have/get more activity, which is indeed the case.

Code:
time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration

activity = min(time * 14, posts)

Your time=~3 (October - november)

While his time ( from october - december/november) would be ~6?

You can get ~1 activity per day, and it gets updated every 14 days.

If you post once in the 14 days, you will still get the potential activity added to your account.

bear100 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:42:02 PM

Hi, I think its not on the number of post but the quality of the post you make. In local forums they start deleting zero value posts and posts that is not related to Bitcoin. You can check the the Newbies read before posting. Maybe some of your post were deleted or not counted. Quality over quantity. Good luck to us.  Wink

He has been on the site (and posted ) for more periods then you have been, which means he could potentially have/get more activity, which is indeed the case.

Code:
time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration

If you post once in the 14 days, you will still get the potential activity added to your account.

Thank you, mate! You have cleared the situation for me. So all I need to do is to keep posting on a permanent basis and my rank is going to update every 14 days?
IncomeCoin

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:44:40 PM

so this is the reason why i saw a member with 50 posts and member rank,

thanks for clarify hero Smiley
Bobby_D

Activity: 44
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:56:39 PM

Simple. Beside posting you also need to read forum a lot (or just stay AFK ofk)

Apollonia 〇 | HEALTHCARE ECOSYSTEM
https://apollonia.io
bear100 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:59:21 PM

Yeah. I have no possibilities to stay online all the time. I have full time job. But I visit btt everyday and post.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:04:56 PM

Code:

Thank you, mate! You have cleared the situation for me. So all I need to do is to keep posting on a permanent basis and my rank is going to update every 14 days?

If in rank you mean activity, then yes.

This isn't true. The only thing that matter for activity / ( membership rank) are=  posts + in which timeframe they were made.

Yeah. I have no possibilities to stay online all the time. I have full time job. But I visit btt everyday and post.

Which there is no need for.

Even if you post only once in one activity period ( 14 days), because you have no time or for whatever reason, you will get it as potential activity. So you will be able to earn 27 activity, instead of 14 in the next period.

I believe this also stacks/adds up.

CryptaMagia

Activity: 97
Merit: 7

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:07:06 PM

Thanks, for the raised subject, it is actual and useful for me, as for the beginner in this question! thanks for the available information!

●        QBIC.io        ●   THE FUTURE OF DIGITAL CASH
Masternodes  |  PoW  |  Secure  |  ASIC  |  Resistance
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: