Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:34:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Exodus shuts down (Wallet)  (Read 387 times)
sopprgen22 (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:53:59 PM

Hi,

what will happen if the Exodus Company shuts down or just vanish.
Will the Programm on the Computer still work and i will be able to transfer the funds to somewhere else?
Same question about other wallets and the ledger wallet but exodus is the most important.

And does someone know a good offline wallet for ripple? I tried rippex or RippleAdminConsole-1.4.1 called but its just not accepting my password so i will defnitly not put any coins in this wallet because i reset this wallet already twice.

Kind regards Florian

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:04:18 PM

Hi,

Will the Programm on the Computer still work and i will be able to transfer the funds to somewhere else?
Same question about other wallets and the ledger wallet but exodus is the most important.

And does someone know a good offline wallet for ripple? I tried rippex or RippleAdminConsole-1.4.1 called but its just not accepting my password so i will defnitly not put any coins in this wallet because i reset this wallet already twice.

Kind regards Florian

You should be able to export all your funds out using the private keys / seeds they provided you with.

http://support.exodus.io/article/77-does-exodus-have-advanced-export-options
http://support.exodus.io/article/86-how-can-i-view-my-private-keys

Here's how you are able to export your private keys into another wallet, in case they go down.

AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:12:03 PM

Hi,

Kind regards Florian

You should be able to export all your funds out using the private keys / seeds they provided you with.

http://support.exodus.io/article/77-does-exodus-have-advanced-export-options
http://support.exodus.io/article/86-how-can-i-view-my-private-keys

Here's how you are able to export your private keys into another wallet, in case they go down.

This^.
Online wallets and exchanges are not recommended for storing coins in the long run. You want to ensure that you're using a client/app that gives you full access and control to the private keys to allow you to move your coins when you please.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: