Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:51:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost BTC  (Read 340 times)
musv (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:51:01 PM

I tried to convert BTC from Coinbase account to BCC (Bitcoin Cash) in my Freewallet BCC wallet using Changelly. Instead of sending to Changelly address, I mistakenly sent directly to my Freewallet address which did not receive them.
Are the coins lost or is there a way to get them back?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:30:53 PM

I tried to convert BTC from Coinbase account to BCC (Bitcoin Cash) in my Freewallet BCC wallet using Changelly. Instead of sending to Changelly address, I mistakenly sent directly to my Freewallet address which did not receive them.

You sent bitcoin to a bitcoin cash adress on your freewallet? Do you own the private keys for the adress you send them to?

If so, simply import the private key in electrum if the above is the case, or import it in electroncash if it's vice versa.

If you do not own the private keys that are associated with the adress, but rather the owner of the wallet (( Freewallet??) never heard of them by the way)....

you will need to contact their support and ask if they can do anything. Which they probably can, but i doubt if they're willing to put the effort in it.

musv (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:27:16 PM

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I tried to send bitcoin to my bitcoin cash address on Freewallet.
Unfortunately, Freewallet does not use private keys.
I contacted them and requested support and am currently awaiting their response.

I am also hopeful that if the funds are not claimed within 30 day, that they will be returned to my Coinbase account.
prometheus_project

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:19:01 PM

support should fix this i guess

refound should be no problem at all

so pray they will reply Smiley
boit28922

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:41:44 AM

Try contacting the support team to try  Embarrassed
silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:56:40 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2017, 09:05:33 AM by silent17

Sorry for your lost but I regret to inform you but your money is already lost. You can't retrieve the money that is already been transferred to a wallet. That's why we should be really careful in doing a transaction with bitcoin, because it's your own money that is involved in this. You should be careful next time.
Cyranova

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:03:38 PM

Me too. yesterday When I swapping ETH for BTC I got lost. no history about that swaping or sender or reciever.
I lost around $450
musv (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:11:40 PM

While still waiting for a reply from customer support, I've learned a few things; besides to not be such a dumb ass.

Freewallet does not use private keys, therefore I am dependent on them to assist in retrieving the coins.
Note: The coins were transferred to an account associated with my wallet, but not the correct wallet.

I was told by one very helpful moderator that I need to contact support at Freewallet and request that they use my **BCH** private key to to either sweep, or import, the BTC address.

I'm going to keep bugging the support team to make a effort to help resolve this issue since it seems like it is within their power to do so.
Freewallet

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 11:39:13 AM

musv, the high season brings a lot of activities and thus support requests; however, if you message us your user id, we'll do our best to speed up the process of your refund. Looking forward to your reply!

Freewallet, The Mobile-First Cryptowallet Developer
Learn more about Freewallet and our apps: freewallet.org
Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
musv (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:30:30 PM

Thank you for your reply to this post, Freewallet support.

I have sent multiple email messages to the support team as you recommended, however queries as to status of my claim either go unanswered or I get an auto-response asking me to be patient (it's been 3 weeks since my initial claim filing). Apparently, there is always some circumstance arising that precludes my claim from being addressed. This week it's the hard fork.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to offer suggestions as to how to expedite my claim or at least how to get the attention of the support team so that my funds are restored?
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 08:20:41 AM

Thank you for your reply to this post, Freewallet support.

I have sent multiple email messages to the support team as you recommended, however queries as to status of my claim either go unanswered or I get an auto-response asking me to be patient (it's been 3 weeks since my initial claim filing). Apparently, there is always some circumstance arising that precludes my claim from being addressed. This week it's the hard fork.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to offer suggestions as to how to expedite my claim or at least how to get the attention of the support team so that my funds are restored?

musv, as we've mentioned above, if you provide us with your user id, we'll do our best to expedite the review of your refund request. Please note though that recovering cross-chain transactions is a complex procedure that requires a significant amount of time and resources.

Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
musv (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:14:28 PM

Yes, I have provided my user ID at the onset.
What in your estimation constitutes a reasonable time in which I can expect results?
Thus far, I have only seen vague terms such as "some time".
Thank you
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 03:04:14 PM

Yes, I have provided my user ID at the onset.
What in your estimation constitutes a reasonable time in which I can expect results?
Thus far, I have only seen vague terms such as "some time".
Thank you

musv, recovering such transactions can take up to 90 days. We are, however, putting all efforts to complete recoveries sooner if there's such a technical possibility.

musv (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:03:01 PM

Thank you for getting back to me with an estimation as to the time frame involved for recovery of funds.

You said "if" there's such a technical possibility (of recovering cross-currency transactions).
Is there truly any doubt that Freewallet has the technical ability to perform this transaction?
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 08:55:51 AM

Thank you for getting back to me with an estimation as to the time frame involved for recovery of funds.

You said "if" there's such a technical possibility (of recovering cross-currency transactions).
Is there truly any doubt that Freewallet has the technical ability to perform this transaction?

Please review our previous message: if funds can be recovered sooner, they will be.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: