Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:30:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin to LiteCoin or the other way around  (Read 383 times)
MineriaCloud (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 08:42:16 AM

Do you think the global Internet market will only ever have and exist with one main coin system like Bitcoin or do you think its huge enough to sustain other systems in the future? If yes, how many? 2, 3, more?

It seems most Bitcoin users consider Litecoin nothing but a gimmick and cheap clone, but the truth is that its being actively used. So is it really gimmick? I think it passed that stage already.

I think the Internet market can sustain more than one, in particular because the concept is great, but the implementation can do some work in the future. I´m not sure if 3 or 4, but it surely can live with 2 main players, maybe even 3 in the future. Also, lets not forget than some will come and so will go, so we don´t know how is going to take spot number in the future.

Google was not the first search engine either but it took the market completely. I remember the days when nobody even though about the possibility of starting a search engine, it was a consolidated market, and Google just killed them all in no time.

In the future, something could come up that is better than what we have now, of course second players are always late to the party and need to bring heavy innovation to the table, but the Internet is such a huge place and everything can change from one day to another.

Also, do you consider it to be viable to interchange coins between systems? Like change bitcoins for litecoins and the other way around?

Do you think this is going to be a profitable market in the future?
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:10:11 AM

LTC is used like every other altcoin : to make some profit and buy some btc.
And usually buying some USD  before the price collapse.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: