Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 05:21:42 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannot install Multibit, two possible reasons...  (Read 4490 times)
TheXev (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 12:53:38 PM

I attempt to install MultiBit and the installers always gives me an error: Java has not been found on your computer.  Do you want to download it?

The problem, Java is installed on my computer.

I see two possible reasons for this issue:
1) Multibit is not compatible with 64-bit Java (unlikely as 32-bit Java produces the same error.
2) My Windows 8 installation is installed on drive G:, and the MultiBit installer is looking for an exact location on of Java on drive C:, instead of %system% or %programfiles%, or even the registery.

I hope we can figure out how to resolve this, as I'd love to try MultiBit, and have been stuck with this problem since I attempted to use version 0.4.23 (0.5.12 still has this issue).  If there is a way to skip the Java check and force install it, I'd love to know how.

*edit*
Okay, so by reading around in another thread in this sub-forum, I found the .jar file and it works flawlessly.  I'm leaning almost exclusively in #2's direction.
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 04:52:59 PM

Glad you got a workaround.

There is some discussion about this problem in the issue here:
https://github.com/jim618/multibit/issues/89

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
sblade

Activity: 24
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:45:12 PM

Same issue on Windows 7 64 bits:

No Java?
Java has not been found on your computer. Do you want to download it?

Finally solved it downloading the generic jar:

java -jar multibit-exe.jar
ewittt

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:29:56 AM

To be perfectly honest, I like bitcoinj better than MultiBit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: