Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:33:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC - Buy it OR mine it...  (Read 1218 times)
Grayfox01 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:04:19 PM

Jack and Jill have a bathtub full of 20 Dollar bills that some old Baby Boomers left them when they kicked the bucket.  The contents of that bathtub total 5,000 USD.  Jack has a good Job with plenty of flexibility while Jill works from home.  They have no children with no plans to have any.

Jack comes home after reading all the news about BTC's soaring prices.  He says to Jill he would like to get involved and see what BTC is all about first hand.  Jill turns around and says i heard about it as well... I want to trade the volatility during the day.  Jack says he would like to run a Mine. This would allow him to generate passive income. 

How would we best accommodate Jack and Jill in the above scenario?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:26:06 PM

Very likely the best scenario is the most boring and simple one. Just buy Bitcoin and hold it for as long as you can. Your money could be worth tens or hundreds of times it's current value one day.
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Very likely the best scenario is the most boring and simple one. Just buy Bitcoin and hold it for as long as you can. Your money could be worth tens or hundreds of times it's current value one day.

I agree don't complicate yourself by mining Bitcoin or even bother investing in cloud mining which just all turned to scam, just buy Bitcoin hold it and sell when you are in profit, but with to many people holding bitcoin, the price now is way to high than it is a month ago.
hndrk10

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

Sharpay - Share Button with Blockchain Profit

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 10:37:58 PM

If you don't make a big investment it's no longer profitable to mine it. I'd say you should rather invest those money directly into the coins.

Share Button With Blockchain Profit    ●   SHARPAY.io   ●   Globally Top 1 Active ICO on ICObench
██████████████             TOKEN SALE BONUS 40%   BUY NOW  ◄             ██████████████
ANN THREAD      TELEGRAM      FACEBOOK      TWITTER      MEDIUM      REDDIT      WHITEPAPER
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 10:51:44 PM

Buy and trade or buy and hodl.

Mining bitcoin, successfully (read: to earn a profit), requires more than a $5,000 investment.

Once Jack & Jill are comfortable with Bitcoin, they should consider a few other major cryptocurrencies. Ethereum, Litecoin, and Ripple come to mind. Each as a distinct and successful business model. Most cryptocurrencies do not.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1499

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:20:33 PM

Jack and Jill have a bathtub full of 20 Dollar bills that some old Baby Boomers left them when they kicked the bucket.  The contents of that bathtub total 5,000 USD.  Jack has a good Job with plenty of flexibility while Jill works from home.  They have no children with no plans to have any.

Jack comes home after reading all the news about BTC's soaring prices.  He says to Jill he would like to get involved and see what BTC is all about first hand.  Jill turns around and says i heard about it as well... I want to trade the volatility during the day.  Jack says he would like to run a Mine. This would allow him to generate passive income. 

Creative thread! I like it! Now to answer your question, I would recommend you to buy bitcoin and hold for long term. Mining has become a very costly affair considering the difficulty level. You need expensive rigs and huge electricity to keep the mining up. If the electricity cost is on the higher side, your mining venture may not be profitable at all. However, if you have access to free alternate energy, then you may try to invest a huge amount initially to set up mining because there will be no recurring cost.

Otherwise, try to buy and Hold. Since you have a day job, use a portion of your salary to invest in bitcoin every month. Stack up the bitcoins in a safe and secret wallet and wait for few years. This method can fetch you very good return in longer term. A lot more than mining.

Amanda Krause

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

XWIN CryptoBet ICO 01/01/18

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:29:20 PM

I think you can get a great profit by trading. So buy Bitcoin and trade  Smiley
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:32:08 PM

Jack and Jill should realize that mining BTC requires a lot of money to start with. It's not worth it to start with 10k USD as having loud, hot, expensive miners in the house would just become a nuisance. If you want to start mining read about CPU and GPU mining and then turn mined altcoins into Bitcoins if that's your ultimate goal.
If Jill knows how her way around trading she can earn a lot of money and the more you can afford to spend in the beginning the better are her chances. The more you invest the more you'll gain (or lose) with every trade.
rony01941

Activity: 205

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:33:36 PM

I think bitcoin investment is better than mine,If you invest money in a mining business, you can not get the money back after your demand. If you invest Bitcoin then coins can get good dividend after the year is waiting because of Bitcoin prices The rate at which it is increasing, the fear of loss is very low. I have kept some bitcoins in the hope of the future for frofit.

Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:34:18 PM

Buy and trade or buy and hodl.

Mining bitcoin, successfully (read: to earn a profit), requires more than a $5,000 investment.

Once Jack & Jill are comfortable with Bitcoin, they should consider a few other major cryptocurrencies. Ethereum, Litecoin, and Ripple come to mind. Each as a distinct and successful business model. Most cryptocurrencies do not.

Could not agree more.
Mining>> expensive ( tools, investments), complicated, time consuming. No assurance of profits.
Buying BTC >>  you just need to learn how to read charts. As easy as buy during dumps and sell when prices are high (trading & hodl). Time is worth it. Clear profits.
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:19:09 AM

To accommodate their situation I would highly suggest that they both should just invest and buy bitcoin than mining that's because mining is really not profitable nowadays than before when the price of bitcoin was low but if Jack really wants to mine he just try it and learn from it. There are some people who even though they are told that it's not recommendable but they still do it because they want to or they want to experience it with themselves. Totally, depends on the person like me I know that mining is not profitable anymore but I do still mine for experience and knowledge on how it works. There is nothing bad on trial in error but in this situation and the current date. I would recommend investing and not mining.
UltraMegaSick

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:21:30 AM

Minning nowadays is really expensive so I suggest you to buy directly btc from exchangers.
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:24:47 AM

Mining will be slow but it is profitable at the current price. You will start gaining profits after at least 6 months, but bitcoin price might change and more miners might come into the game.
WhichIsGood

Activity: 112

Young, Dumb & Broke

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:48:13 AM

Tell Jack that venturing into Mining at this point in time is very impractical and proved to be difficult without appropriate requirements. Jill's idea of trading is probably be a lot more feasible. Since Jill works from home, she has all the time in the world to do the trading. She just needs to learn the know-hows of trading to maximize profit. For starters, their bathtub content of 5000 usd is quite a good capital. I would suggest to invest half of the bucket to BTC and HODL while half on trading. And whatever profit they earn at trading will be dumped to their HODL pool.

Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:36:04 AM

To consider mining BTC, Jack and Jill have to consider the mining equipment and electricity costs. You can use a profitability calculator for this. If it is not profitable, buying BTC and holding will be the better and easy way out.
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 03:44:02 AM

As Jack has a passive income already, I think it would be best to just buy bitcoin with their savings, keep buying on continuous basis, maybe in small chunks from their savings and keep them secure, locked and hold.
In time they will realize that they can retire early and do all what they have wished for in life, travel the world, buy stuff and enjoy with their savings in bitcoin.
I would not recommend the hassle of setting up and running a mining rig to them.
JacLuck

Activity: 104

Bitcoin|||Altscoin

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:52:18 AM

if both the character have the capacity to do both mining and investment then why? but i like the easiest way and the most recommended way, to buy Bitcoin and hold it as a long term investment. and i think they will like it too.
Dozer988

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:00:31 AM

Buying it is the simplest way to get it, but tapping it is the way to make it passive and lasting. This is my own opinion and the choice depends on you.
Wittycoin

Activity: 696
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:02:52 AM

It depends if you are miner you will go with bitcoin mining and if you are trader you will go with buying bitcoin.  But it is better if you buy bitcoin and sell it for you to earn in big in short period of time.  Unlike mining, it will take a long time to earn big.  
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:10:36 AM

Buy, for now. And when you gained enough capital and knowledge while trading, get into mining. This is what I like most about cryptocurrency, you can have the bear of both worlds.

NetDetective

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:12:24 AM

If you own a large amount of money to set up your own mining rig under free electricity or at least cheap I'd recommend you to do so,
if you don't just skip the part of mining and start holding btc.
ismadanniel

Activity: 161

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:23:23 AM

buy and hold is more better because if u mine the risk will be more such as broken gpu,increase diff,pay electricity and etc. while buy and hold  u get directly to your wallet
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:41:33 AM

I agree on this. There's no investment that gains profit instantly. Better to buy, hold and allow it to grow. I think that's a good strategy to start than to mine. A lot of people new to bitcoin think the same and they even go in to this idea to choose whether to buy or mine. Practically speaking for you to see how bitcoin really works, but it first.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
vqscyxuo

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:50:43 AM

My advice is to try to get through bitcoin mining. Because in the market, the price of bitcoin has been affected by many factors, and the volatility is intense. No matter what kind of encrypted currency, early miners are the people who make more profits.
Mevz

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:06:50 AM

Mining is more effortless when its done i suggest it to them, unlike buying BTC you can't buy when the price is to high and you can't get more profit with that. Jack is right with his plan its his way to be effortless in saving money.
paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:05:31 AM

I think this scenario should depend on the risk portfolio of jack and jill since decision making on investments should be based on the appetite of the person as well and not solely on the values that it may generate. Both investment would earn great amount of return in proper time and management and it should be up to them on how much risk can they take for they can also diversify their investments if they want to.
DannaWonder

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:10:48 AM

At current price I think mining is a more intelligent way to have your own bitcoin. If you are going to buy bitcoin for $10,000 and keeps it until the price goes up then your bitcoin will not multiply. When you invest $10,000 in mining equipment and start mining then your investment for a one bitcoin will definitely grow since mining will give you rewards in BTC.
Rao777

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:17:33 AM

Don't waste time of purchasing minning machine and then mine the bitcoin noo. Buy Bitcoin today and hold. Becoz Bitcoin fly like a rocket. If u go for mining it will take lots of time and difficulties.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:34:08 AM

I agree don't complicate yourself by mining Bitcoin or even bother investing in cloud mining which just all turned to scam, just buy Bitcoin hold it and sell when you are in profit, but with to many people holding bitcoin, the price now is way to high than it is a month ago.
All this story is complicated. Personal mining admitted as not profitable way to make bitcoins from the beginning of the year, not it came the are of mining farms. So a agree with you two - they both need to concentrate in bitcoin investment or one of them would invest in BTC and other one in some altcoin by his choice.
HasHe

Activity: 952

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:39:21 AM

I would say that Jill would be smart enough since buying bitcoins and either holding it or trading it seems to be the easiest way nowadays without facing any complications.Jill could either continue to trade or withdraw whenever needed.

But Jack would have to initially invest a huge amount for buying powerful mining ASICs and he would have to see whether cheap electricity is available to ensure good profit regularly.Also,he would have to invest some more for cooling equipments.More over,day by day,bitcoin mining is becoming difficult.If the government some day bans bitcoin as well as its mining,then he would have to sell the mining equipments to some other and it would not be an easy task.

So,just buy bitcoins and stay cool.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 09:42:43 AM

I would prefer mining because that is what makes sense in all this. Though the initial cost of investment is large but that is for specific period of time only. The difficulty and all the stuff will change very other 4 years so we don't have to worry about it either. We can always have the upgrades and the stuff in place to compete the market. I started the ether mining (GPU based) at the start of this year and never sold my Ethereum upto this point. When I mined I had the ROI of 12-15 months and after the prices was increased drastically I hit the break even point in no time. So yeah mining could be best option if you want to do it of longer period off time. Jack will win lots of rewards if he do it seriously. Jill will have ups and downs lot of time as the market is too much volatile.
Deathgamer

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:52:23 AM

Buy btc or mine it?I rather choose to mine it because its more challenging for me and I am so happy if I earn btc in mining rather than to buy it.But if you have alot of money then its better to buy it but its not challenging at all.Mining is the best option for me because in every single bitcoin that Ive earn it really counts and I am so happy to have it.I will never stop mining bitcoin because it helps alot to me financially because I have a financial problem but its okay now because bitcoin is here to support my daily needs and expenses and also to get rich soon
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:33:04 AM

Jill will take time to understand the market and but he will start earning passive income as well if he gets his hand over the crypto trading in very perfect and professional manner. He can systematically invest into it and grow the money over the time without doing much except keeping an eye on the market ups and downs thats all.

In case of the Jack, he will have to build up some good amount of the credit before he can start investing into it. He will have to gather money and then buy the hardware, electricity and all the maintenance stuff t be managed later in the time. Basically he will have some smart and hard work involved and he will need to give more time than the Jill at first glance. Jack will have to wait for at least 1 to 2 years for reaching his ROI and then afterwards he can start earning good amount of money which will be his passive income.

lovela

Activity: 126

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 11:37:25 AM

Investing Bitcoin is better than mining especially if you're not computer hardware geek and most miners has a good background in computer hardware and maintenance.
Bitcoin investments will only require money and get money while doing nothing.

____________________A I T H E O N____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
█ ██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██ █
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:43:27 AM

mining doesn't worth the effort at the moment, you could invest the same amount of money you would use to start mining to buy directly BTC.
Holding is the key, BTC is a long term investment, it's a different story if you want to mine altcoins (but the future of alt coins still rely on BTC market value).
in a nutshell: buy BTC, hold and enjoy the ride!
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1352

Cashback 15%

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:44:25 AM

Jack should first consider the possibility of running a cryptocurrency mine than aiming on getting a bitcoin minefield. Why? A GPU farm offers great flexibility when bitcoin is in a slump, whereas in bitcoin, you'll need to shell out $3000 first in order to get a miner plus the fact that 1TH/s in today's rate wouldn't be sufficient to give the both of them a good life with all expenses paid for their needs. As for Jill's case, since she just heard about day trading fairly recently, I'd still keep my job first and study about bitcoins and the market next. Risking everything with you being ill equipped is the worst thing you can possibly do in your life.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1103

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:04:08 PM

Buy it. I think it's the easiest and safest way to generate income. You can divide the money between exchanges to minimize the risk and start trading.
A skilled trader can double the money in a month. Of course you'll never be able to make only good decisions, sometimes you'll lose some but it's not that hard to make 10% a month. Following some pros on tradingview can help you a lot, but don't think they're 100% right. Last week most of them were expecting a Bitcoin correction and it didn't come. Instead we went from 9 to 11K in a day  Roll Eyes Leave the mining to people with a lot of money, space, and cheap power.

Grayfox01 (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:43:33 PM

Some great advice here.  J&J thank you for all the tips.

Both Jack and Jill will keep their day jobs.  The main consensus is to to buy and hold BTC.  Jill will take a portion of the funds and play the volatility. Taking a portion of any profit to HOLD.  Wash and repeat.  Any losses will have to be subsidized by J&J's normal income.

IF the profits arise in a timely fashion, as speculators believe they will, then that should provide initial funding for a mining operation for Jack down the road.  Jacks plan would be to start small while increasing capacity steadily and consistently.  Reinvest in the Mine with generated and earned BTC. 

In theory it sounds nice but most of us should know that Murphy's Law steps in and stomps on nearly everything.  So... lets see. 

Why does it take so G.D.L. to move USD'ers from a bank into an exchange?  A WEEK!!!  Really!  I thought this train was moving at internet speeds not using the Pony Express. 
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:53:34 PM

First of all I think the story was quite unnecessary the title itself quite clearly explains your question. The answer is upto you. If you can bear the cost of buying number of ASIC's and other hardwares required in mining. Go with it but remember the technicalities and difficulties involved. Also do consider the monopoly which certain miners have. While Investing is all upto your market strategy as it is clear from your story you want trade volatility of day so you would require a good strategy for analyzing every altcoin.
CryptoParadigm

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:53:50 PM

mining doesn't worth the effort at the moment, you could invest the same amount of money you would use to start mining to buy directly BTC.
Holding is the key, BTC is a long term investment, it's a different story if you want to mine altcoins (but the future of alt coins still rely on BTC market value).
in a nutshell: buy BTC, hold and enjoy the ride!
Very true dollar for dollar my BTC purchase has done better than my mining both at Genises cloud mining and my own $3800.00 PC... but no regrets!
if few thousand is all you have go right down to BTC

cwiney

Activity: 78

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:04:52 PM

Just buy it and keep it as long as you can. You don't have to think about the maintenance fees, etc and i think the profit will also be higher Smiley
yulionoo

Activity: 756

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:10:49 PM

mine maybe. the have passive income, and he can do anything to spent the time. can use to doing thing that make earn active income or joy the bath tub and all day.
buy bitcoin no need a lot of fund. how much you have in your pocket is enough for buy and save them, selling at high price. if you mining, you need more money to buy tool for mine, but if its done you will get passive income

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:21:57 PM

It depends on the capital you are starting with. If a you have a big capital to open a mini farm where you can mine bitcoin then do it. On a long term it will be more profitable and you will get passive income. But take in consideration the time you have to spend to research all the equipment you need and also that you have to keep your eyes on your farm. Also take in consideration that mining becomes harder every day so from time to time you have to upgrade your equipment wich will cost more money.

I would personally recommend to buy bitcoins and hold it. It is much easier that taking care of all mining stuffs. Just buy bitcoins and set a target and when bitcoin price reaches the target you proposed sell your bitcoins. The only thing is that you have to research and wait for the perfect moment to buy bitcoin and that is after the price falls(it depends on more factors)
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 10:25:26 PM

If you have enough money and cheap electricity then mine bitcoin. In few months you can regain the money you spent with the miner. 

component9

Activity: 60

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 10:28:45 PM

For mining, try this calculator to help you figure out your profitability - enter your miner's hardware cost and rate for electricity. Also adjust the difficulty since it changes every 2 weeks...

https://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator

But as others have said, you're probably better off buying bitcoins, holding half, and trading using the other half.
anthinguy21

Activity: 280

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:29:54 PM

At the moment I think you should better buy it Smiley). To buy 1 BTC you need to pay more than 10k$ at the moment but to can be able to mine 1 BTC at the moment you need to pay more than 10k$ many many times Smiley). The mining difficulty of Bitcoin at the moment is very high so to mine about 1 BTC it'll take you very long time to mine enough beside you will need to invest a lot of money if you want to mine it fast Smiley)

Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:33:51 PM

The price just dropped. Your best bet is just to buy it now and hold for the future.

Mining is really risky and generally unprofitable. You need a place that's relatively cool, not humid and with cheap electricity. If you really want to mine and make money, you'll have to mine an altcoin. I see everyone wants to try mining to make money, but it doesn't work like that. Your profits are small, and they grow over time.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
WarCruz

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:36:12 PM

i dont think its good to mine bitcoin without asic miner (so if you have one try it, if you want to buy one i wouldnt do it). you can try altcoins with GPU mining (if you are a gamer and have good graphic cards, i wouldnt buy one right now, better wait for Ethereum Casper and then  they should be cheaper. I might be wrong
CryptOliver

Activity: 83

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:36:58 PM

if the jack has a good coin and still compete in the market, and the little boys feel lucky as long as he is in it, surely he will survive ....
50ouncebrew

Activity: 459
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:32:09 PM

At this point, it really makes no sense whatsoever for an individual to try their hand at mining if you do not have at least $1,000,000 to put up front into investing in your mining farm then just forget about it. You need to consider your location, electricity costs ond ROI and most people these days cannot get good ROI unless all of these factors and more are optimized.

▄▄▄ ▐████▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███▀▀ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄       
     ▄██▀▀ ▄▄▄████  ██▄▄ ▀▀██▄     
   ▄██▀ ▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀███▄ ▀██▄   
  ██▌ ▄██▀  ▄▄███████▄▄  ▀██▄ ▀██ 
 ██▌ ▄██  ▄██████▌ ▀████▄  ██▄ ▐██
▐██ ▐██  ████▀ ██▌   ▀ ▀██ ██▌ ██▌
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌      ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌  █▄█ ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
▐██ ▐█▀  ██▄   ██▌  ███▄██  ██▌ ██▌
 ██▌  ▄▄  ▀██▄ ██▌  ████▀  ████▄   
  ███████▄  ▀▀███████▀▀  ▄▄▄ ▀███ 
   ▀▀ ▄ ▀███▄▄▄     ▄▄▄███▀ ▄███▀ 
     ▀██▄▄ ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀ ▄▄███▀   
       ▀▀████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄████▀▀       
           ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
  M A E S T R O         
REVOLUTIONIZING THE DIGITAL MUSIC WORLD

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

WHITEPAPER (KO)        WHITEPAPER (EN)     

TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK     TWITTER    ANN THREAD

MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   GITHUB   INSTAGRAM   KAKAOTALK
sletra

Activity: 56
Merit: 12

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:38:22 PM

Mining isn’t for everyone. It’s hard and you need lots of mech info. But buying is just more convenient if you’re rich enough.

■  RepuX  ■  Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs (https://repux.io/)
CryptoParadigm

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:34:56 PM

Just buy it and keep it as long as you can. You don't have to think about the maintenance fees, etc and i think the profit will also be higher Smiley
I like experience value of BCT mining as well as $$$

khaled0111
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 2840

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 07:45:00 PM

Buying Bitcoin and using it in trading looks easy and in reach of everyone, but the reality is completely different. Trading is too risky and only experts should do that.

Unlike trading, mining can grant a stable income. You have to spend some money to buy the required devices to create a mining farm and of course you have to learn how to run it. If everything is well setup, you will be able to cover your expenses in a short period and then start earning.

If you have enough experience invest in trading and you will make a fortune, else stick to mining it is safer.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
█████████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
lepricoin

Activity: 673
Merit: 112

umachit.fund

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:53:35 PM

It is necessary to share risks, buy bitcoins for
money, and then divide these sums into several parts, and trade on the stock exchange. This is ideally of course)

Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:31:56 PM

The easy way out is to buy BTC and hold. Mining is time consuming and might not be profitable unless you have very cheap electricity. And you have to put up with the noise level, maintain your hardware and etc.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

vincentong17

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:39:56 PM

i will buy it coz i know how to use it for rading purposes once i have it. i will diversify to buy that in altcoins and hold it for long term. mining is difficult for me and i need alot of money to buy those hardware.
FasTroy

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:56:48 PM

Same here, I go for the buy if i have a lot of money, Only in this case, because i know that i will make a huge profit if i only invest in bitcoin itself. I mean that i buy a lot of bitcoin and keep them in my wallet. Maybe after that i will decide to buy some mining hardwares and start mining with this money.

sorrysteve1

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:07:03 PM

If we are sticking to the budget then it becomes difficult to accommodate both options as the funds would be stretched trying to set up a good mining rig and then having enough left over to trade with. Of course a lot depends on other things such as where they live or what gear they may already have as well as experience. For a completely clean slate in a relatively profitable country for mining I would say they should mine. They can grow their income and over time Jack can give some of his returns to Jill and she can begin to trade with it.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 09:35:13 PM

Bitcoin have give great way of investment, rather it may by investing money for buying BTC or generating BTC by mining. Bitcoin have defined its parameters, which are unique. And this unique points make bitcoin different.

Buying Btc is always seems tough for users, because of price fluctuation. But it was great tool for investment. Now a days buying BTC is quite hard. Even Mining is also to hard. Day by day difficulty level, block size, block height are increasing comparing to contributed hash power for generation of Bitcoin. So make own and R & D and use own intelligence to make final decision as price and time varies conditions.
Silent Money

Activity: 82

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:25:06 PM

I think Buying would be better if you only have money and its also for instance not like mining you'll cost more time and even electricity for it to generate more..But for safety Mining would be better If you could only have the patience of it..
jilani

Activity: 244

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:33:14 PM

Personally I think buy is the better option for most of the BTC user because mining is not easy way to earn for every single BTC user.
BTC continuously raising so BTC hold is obviously profitable in future life.Although i like mining & i involved in mining.
lucifochrome

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:31:24 PM

That will actually depend on you, if you want to or is capable ypu can buy a mining rig but before you start mining consider things first such as electricity cost and repair. Now if you dont have that much amount of money i suggest just buy and hold for about 5 years so you can gain a lot.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:37:15 PM

Mining bitcoin was a good option a few years back,but now you could try out alt coin rather than planning on getting bitcoin through mining as the difficulty level is really high and only investors with big pockets could end up having a good profit,i would suggest you to invest those amount in good alt coins or in bitcoin at the next correction and plan on holding for the long term .
tinystone26

Unleash the Power of the World's Crypto Data

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:51:34 AM

I think  for me I'll gonna buy for now because I don't have the amount money to buy thing to use in mining that's why I'd better to say just keep buying while it has a price that increase every single day and you can even get it back than mining to into it.

▶ ▶ T O K E N D A T A   |   UNLEASH THE POWER OF THE WORLD'S CRYPTO DATA   |   T O K E N D A T A ◄ ◄
GET WHITELISTED [ REGISTER NOW ]   ❖   WHITEPAPER   ❖   ANN THREAD   ❖
■  TWITTER  ■  LINKEDIN  ■  TELEGRAM  ■  FACEBOOK  ■  MEDIUM  ■  DISCORD  ■  REDDIT  ■
EdfuJihad

Activity: 169

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:22:15 PM

I also agree, BUY HOLD and SELL. or TRADE for some promising ALTCOINS. Price is still going up and will still be going up years from now. Jack and jill would accept this kind of suggestions. Buy and Hold for a few moments. it'll grow over time no need to mine it.
xanxus.kun

Activity: 495

You have to get what you want your own way.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 01:26:30 PM

is it worth it to buy one? i mean i haven't done either of the two, i've been receiving payments from signature campaign but i haven't had the chance to own even 1 bitcoin, is it worth it to invest for mining so i could mine coins?

HongKong

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:53:44 PM

Personally I think buy is the better option for most of the BTC user because mining is not easy way to earn for every single BTC user.
BTC continuously raising so BTC hold is obviously profitable in future life.Although i like mining & i involved in mining.

It depends, if you have a large amount of money then you can pretty much have a huge part (possibily too much) in the mining process.
I prefer purchasing it instead of mining it.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
jayram

Activity: 73

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:10:05 AM

Mining bitcoin requires a lot of resources like mining facilities, hardwares and power consumption. If you plan to mine at home, that wont be profitable. My advice is just buy some bitcoin and grow it through trading and long term investment.

ModulTrade ║  DEMOCRATIZING GLOBAL TRADE WITH BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY  ║ ModulTrade
The Freedom To Trade▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ White Paper ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬The Freedom To Trade
FacebookMediumLinkedinTwitterTelegramReddit
knien

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:14:19 AM

Mining BTC is not profitable anymore. not when taking the huge mining farms in country's with low electricity costs into account.
Just buy BTC using dollar cost avaraging and when the bathtub is empty.... HODL.

But did you figure it out with your wife now ? Smiley

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
rube08

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:34:44 AM

Buying bitcoin is probably your best option.  You would need a lot of GPU's and a farm of them to make a good profit from mining bitcoin.  It is better off to invest in bitcoin with your money.  The old adage is don't work for money, let your money work for you.  If you invest in bitcoin, I could see you making 100% an average of 100% each year for 5 years.
Tramle091296

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 02:18:50 AM

The best Scenario is to buy bitcoin that creating a mine. If you want to gain faster income you go at buying and selling bitcoin its the more suitable and appropriate for many people but creating also a mining for bitcoin is Good cause you will gain money in just sitting cause mining is a continuations income that will also called passive income. the both are good but i prefer trading buy and sell coins cause if gives you faster income if your good at trading Smiley

CuresToken.com
»   Decentralizing the Health Care System   «
────────  Facebook TwitterLinkedInBountyTelegram  ────────
SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:37:35 AM

Well at current price mining is not a bad thing if you cant buy it.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
dlhezter

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:16:48 AM

For me i will choose to buy bitcoin instead of creating a mining equiptment.  Because in mining you have to provide a mining equiptment which is very expensive to have While to buy bitcoin has no hardtime. In mining you have to spend alot of time and money just to mine a few satoshi every month including your electric bills. While to bought bitcoin there is no existance of hardtime and effort to have.  All you have to do is to have a bitcoin wallet and buy bitcoin as much as you can then hold it until it pump.
squallw

Activity: 504
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:21:25 AM

To mine you need to buy some S9 that is expensive and risky. If network difficult increases too quick or if a S10/S11 miner launches you can lose money.
With s9, you need a good place to put it, because it is noisy see this video at 10:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D03GyDBMqkM
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:44:39 AM

Jack and Jill had prepared their future from bitcoin earnings, but Jill's plan to trade or invest in bitcoin is more desirable than Jack's plan to invest in mining equipment. Mining nowadays takes  bunch of cash and a bunch of electricity load in order to mine a single bitcoin but there is no guarantee that the return of investment can roll back in less than a year comparing to holding, investing and trading bitcoin.
tanghere1

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:51:07 AM

They can do both mining and trading, Jack has a job and can mine to generate passive income. While Jill can trade for she is working at home.

shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:59:39 AM

Jack and Jill had prepared their future from bitcoin earnings, but Jill's plan to trade or invest in bitcoin is more desirable than Jack's plan to invest in mining equipment. Mining nowadays takes  bunch of cash and a bunch of electricity load in order to mine a single bitcoin but there is no guarantee that the return of investment can roll back in less than a year comparing to holding, investing and trading bitcoin.

I agree to you the cost of mining equipment now a day are so high plus the electricity you will consume = small mount of earning or maybe a draw/loss.
Its better to buy bitcoin and hold for a long term since the price of bitcoin are continue to pump up you a have a 100% high earning profit but take note dont put all your money in one basket.
rainezerr401

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:09:19 AM

In my own opinion there are only two types of the best way to earn btc. First is joining bounty campaigns and exchange all the alt coins that you will earn to btc. In this way you do not need to have a capital then next thing is to actually invest in btc and start trading.
Insomnia family

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:15:04 AM

I am more inclined to support jill who will buy Bitcoin rather than jack just doing mining with jack capital, because for mining Bitcoin require substantial capital, for jill if already entered amrket Bitcoin indirectly he will see another potential. coins, and jill that will get a quick profit compared to the jack that only rely on mining.

Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto & NFT in Multiple Chains
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬     ❶ ❷ ❸ s w a p     ▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
[   M V P   L I V E   ]   -   9 Blockchains Integrated Already
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 04:17:26 AM

Well, both the methods have their own pros and cons. However, I would support the trader in this regard because I believe that mining is a serious business now and no more a causal activity. It requires high-end hardware and skills to initiate and run the mining farm. On the other hand, trading is based on the skills (and even a basic computer is fine for trading). Since we are talking about something to do in a spare time, I would support trading.
MiningBattalion

Activity: 333
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:23:48 AM

Well, both the methods have their own pros and cons. However, I would support the trader in this regard because I believe that mining is a serious business now and no more a causal activity. It requires high-end hardware and skills to initiate and run the mining farm. On the other hand, trading is based on the skills (and even a basic computer is fine for trading). Since we are talking about something to do in a spare time, I would support trading.

Bitcoin is a digital currency system and my opinion is only two types of the best way to earn btc they are buying and mining ,for mining bitcoin required substantial capital and next thing is to actually invest in btc and trading.
Shendy23

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:28:33 AM

I think its better to mine than to buy it, because if you buy BTC the owner of it will income but if you mine it yourself then you can earn money by just mining it, but it depends on the person who need bitcoin, if the person is not a business man or a wealthy person that doesn't need bitcoin mining then that person can buy bitcoin for purchasing items that only can be buy using bitcoins.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: