Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:57:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking 6 BTC loan  (Read 2262 times)
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 03:00:25 PM

I'm looking for a 6btc loan to fund the purchase of extra mining hardware. Interest rate for payback is negotiable, but of course I don't want to get too owned by interest  Smiley

Looking for a 3 month term if applicable. I am willing to provide proof of identity if necessary for the loan. I am fairly new to the forum but becoming more active each day.  I've been involved in crypto for several months but was a sideline watcher on the forums at first.

Feel free to deny the loan, just try your hardest not to be an asshole and troll me with accusations.

PMs are welcome, thank you!  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 03:05:12 PM

I'm looking for a 6btc loan to fund the purchase of extra mining hardware. Interest rate for payback is negotiable, but of course I don't want to get too owned by interest  Smiley

Looking for a 3 month term if applicable. I am willing to provide proof of identity if necessary for the loan. I am fairly new to the forum but becoming more active each day.  I've been involved in crypto for several months but was a sideline watcher on the forums at first.

Feel free to deny the loan, just try your hardest not to be an asshole and troll me with accusations.

I won't accuse you of being a scammer if you are serious about this loan and have $600 in collateral to back it up.

Otherwise....

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 03:09:36 PM

I won't accuse you of being a scammer if you are serious about this loan and have $600 in collateral to back it up.

Otherwise....

I am attempting to think of something to use right now. I have no mining shares or anything. I do have slightly over 200 ltc but under no circumstance do I want to let them go right now. 
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:16:36 PM

6 BTC @ current prices = $483
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:17:13 PM

Otherwise....

I am attempting to think of something to use right now. I have no mining shares or anything. I do have slightly over 200 ltc but under no circumstance do I want to let them go right now. 

If legit, you will get them back. Escrow is an option.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Damnsammit

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:19:05 PM

This.

Use John K, and your 200 LTC will be safe and ready for a return to your wallet after you repay the BTC loan.

Smiley
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 03:24:18 PM

I know I can get the ltc back. The point of not using them is I'm looking for a three month loan term and *if* gox actually starts trading in ltc the boom could be in two or three weeks. All speculation I know, but its the name of the game!

Also patiently waiting to send smoothie my ltc for a set of two of his physical coins  Wink

The loan is important to me because I want to up my mining power, but not as important as the future of my measly ltc holdings.  Perhaps some physical items could be used as collateral for escrow? I have no idea. Digitally I don't have much to offer that I can think of.

There are some long time forum members I know that might vouch for me but I don't want to use a reference before getting their permission  Cheesy
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:29:20 PM

I know I can get the ltc back. The point of not using them is I'm looking for a three month loan term and *if* gox actually starts trading in ltc the boom could be in two or three weeks. All speculation I know, but its the name of the game!

Also patiently waiting to send smoothie my ltc for a set of two of his physical coins  Wink

The loan is important to me because I want to up my mining power, but not as important as the future of my measly ltc holdings.  Perhaps some physical items could be used as collateral for escrow? I have no idea. Digitally I don't have much to offer that I can think of.

There are some long time forum members I know that might vouch for me but I don't want to use a reference before getting their permission  Cheesy

Why go through all that? Escrow, get loan, pay back, done.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 03:33:15 PM

Why go through all that? Escrow, get loan, pay back, done.

Yes escrow with what? Thats my dilemma. Anyone have any use for an extra kidney?
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 03:33:56 PM

This.

Use John K, and your 200 LTC will be safe and ready for a return to your wallet after you repay the BTC loan.

Smiley

By the way, epic photo, Dude.

Where's the money lebowski
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 03:36:01 PM

Yes escrow with what? Thats my dilemma. Anyone have any use for an extra kidney?

1) Send your LTC to a trusted third party (escrow)
2) Receive your BTC
3) Pay back your BTC
4) Receive your LTC back

Much easier than losing a kidney.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Damnsammit

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:36:51 PM

hahaha!  I was just about to comment on your Pink Floyd quote(ish)... very nice Smiley

"Hashing away, the moments that make up a dull day."

I now have Time stuck in my head!
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:37:28 PM

2) Receive your BTC
3) Pay back your BTC
4) Receive your LTC back

With that kind of collateral, I would be tempted to do this loan.  Grin

Albert Einstein
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 03:38:14 PM

hahaha!  I was just about to comment on your Pink Floyd quote(ish)... very nice Smiley

"Hashing away, the moments that make up a dull day."

I now have Time stuck in my head!

I see we have much in common.

Yes had to mod the lyrics to make them mining appropriate  Smiley my favorite band
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 03:38:45 PM

2) Receive your BTC
3) Pay back your BTC
4) Receive your LTC back

With that kind of collateral, I would be tempted to do this loan.  Grin

I have my rusty butterknife and foam cooler on standby
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 03:40:18 PM

2) Receive your BTC
3) Pay back your BTC
4) Receive your LTC back

Oh I agree, I just don't want to lose control of my ltc if its taking me three months to complete paying off the loan. Like I said a huge boom could be on the horizon.  If they go to $10 a pop (speculation speculation) then I wouldn't have needed the loan in the first place.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 03:43:11 PM

2) Receive your BTC
3) Pay back your BTC
4) Receive your LTC back

Oh I agree, I just don't want to lose control of my ltc if its taking me three months to complete paying off the loan. Like I said a huge boom could be on the horizon.  If they go to $10 a pop (speculation speculation) then I wouldn't have needed the loan in the first place.

So then you pay back the loan early and get your LTC back.  What's the issue?

I'll do this 6btc loan for you repay 7btc in 3 months.  200LTC as collateral.  That's a VERY slim collateral margin for me, but since the collateral is a cryptocurrency, I am willing to take the risk.

craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 03:43:39 PM

Basically I don't want to miss out on the potential price boom of ltc by using them as collateral right now. I'm a small time miner (2,500kh/s scrypt) and have an avalon batch #2 in transit (only own a quarter share of that though) so I'm just looking to expand my hashing power a little and make someone some interest without risking too much of my own coins at this moment of volatility.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:45:12 PM

2) Receive your BTC
3) Pay back your BTC
4) Receive your LTC back

So then you pay back the loan early and get your LTC back.  What's the issue?

I'll do this 6btc loan for you repay 7btc in 3 months.  200LTC as collateral.  That's a VERY slim collateral margin for me, but since the collateral is a cryptocurrency, I am willing to take the risk.

Work it out IF LTC goes to $10, coin holder sells, pays off loan and returns left over.

Albert Einstein
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 03:46:25 PM

Basically I don't want to miss out on the potential price boom of ltc by using them as collateral right now. I'm a small time miner (2,500kh/s scrypt) and have an avalon batch #2 in transit (only own a quarter share of that though) so I'm just looking to expand my hashing power a little and make someone some interest without risking too much of my own coins at this moment of volatility.

Then don't.  We'll make an agreement that whenever you ask, I will sell a few of your coins at the current market value to equal the amount of BTC outstanding.  You can then get your LTC back at anytime.  Fair deal?

Work it out IF LTC goes to $10, coin holder sells, pays off loan and returns left over.

Exactly what I just said!  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: