Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:30:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone is using my picture of Avalon on eBay  (Read 1069 times)
01BTC10 (OP)
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:48:36 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/85-gh-s-Avalon-bitcoin-miner-ASIC-/181169240800?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2e873ae0

This is not me. My unit is in Europe since last week.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:07:08 PM

And mentioned me as the escrow. Damn, I knew something like this is bound to surface.... Angry
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:12:30 PM

That's really quite cunning.

I think you need to come up with a new procedure for escrow so that people know that each instance is a real escrow instance.

E.g. a website you own and publish with a list of escrow amounts, dates and for whom. It can then be up to the users to verify each other's identities.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:15:07 PM

So report it to eBay for a copyright violation on your picture!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:44:32 PM

I think you need to come up with a new procedure for escrow so that people know that each instance is a real escrow instance.

E.g. a website you own and publish with a list of escrow amounts, dates and for whom. It can then be up to the users to verify each other's identities.

I always send out escrow contracts directly via PM, and signed with my public key to prevent such MITM attacks. I guess I could set up a site for this, but escrowing is just a hobby for me...
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:52:30 PM

Pretty sure the buyers (bidders) are scammers as well. I discovered a flaw with Ebay's Buyer/Seller protection awhile back while buying and selling BTC.

The buyer will get his money (and disappear with it), and never send the unit. The bidder will then be refunded his money via protection. Making Ebay/Paypal the guys that lose out while the scammers run off with the free money. Note the very low rating of the seller and bidders. They are burn accounts.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 08:31:32 PM

Pretty sure the buyers (bidders) are scammers as well. I discovered a flaw with Ebay's Buyer/Seller protection awhile back while buying and selling BTC.

The buyer will get his money (and disappear with it), and never send the unit. The bidder will then be refunded his money via protection. Making Ebay/Paypal the guys that lose out while the scammers run off with the free money. Note the very low rating of the seller and bidders. They are burn accounts.

I was right in the middle of reporting it when it disappeared.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
thisisgil

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 12:19:07 AM

Lol I just clicked link in OP to check it out. This is your Asic?

Meh - I guess you'll at least get a slightly better hash rate than a GPU...

Mother of no children. Part-time idiot. Full-time douche.
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 03:40:51 PM

Lol, more power efficient too.  Someone should make an ASIC that runs off of human power!
papaminer

Activity: 462

Free World

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 03:51:17 PM

I saw the same thing..

damn that ASIC... I bet it runs fast

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:28:36 PM

I always send out escrow contracts directly via PM, and signed with my public key to prevent such MITM attacks. I guess I could set up a site for this, but escrowing is just a hobby for me...

I wouldn't worry about it, even the guy who accused you of scamming by posting a fake contract was called out pretty quickly.  Most people familiar with Bitcoin are familiar with verifying public keys.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:33:46 PM

Smiley When I go to the link it redirects me to this: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/asics-women-s-rush33-running-shoe
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: