Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:41:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your method to find potential in an altcoin?  (Read 266 times)
Vicrypt (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:41:35 PM

Hi,

I'd love to hear your method to find and buy quality coins when they are cheap. I am expanding my portfolio but buying something at $5 now when it was $0.5 just 3-4 months back hurts.

Can you share your research method or any tip to find coin with good potential at early stage?

Sharing wouldn't hurt. If I use your method and happen to find/buy your coin.. I am actually putting money in and raising it's value. Good for everyone.

Thank you.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:00:28 AM

Hi,

I'd love to hear your method to find and buy quality coins when they are cheap. I am expanding my portfolio but buying something at $5 now when it was $0.5 just 3-4 months back hurts.

Can you share your research method or any tip to find coin with good potential at early stage?

Sharing wouldn't hurt. If I use your method and happen to find/buy your coin.. I am actually putting money in and raising it's value. Good for everyone.

Thank you.

There are no secrets to this.. the most important is to research the coin's technology. What does it offer, what does it try to solve. Do they have functional software or just promises?

If I like the idea, I start looking into any peer review by anyone reputable because im not a coder, I try to find out who the devs are and so on.

Current price to total supply ratio matters too to try to figure out if it's undervalued or not.

I don't see much more to it than that. The rest is marketing and having some luck.
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:08:41 AM

Hi,

Thank you.
if anyone knows the method in finding good altcoins maybe now that person is rich. Its the matter of how someone research ICO's , their potential in the industry of crypto currency , what will be the purpose of their coins. For me before i invest or buy altcoins , i first read their whitepaper and what is the goal of their project , in their roadmap if what will gonna be in the end. The potential of a good altcoin is in the development of their project.

KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:13:29 AM

Short term: How many coins will be in circulation (a small supply is better). Will it be listed on big exchanges (bittrex, binance etc...)
Successful flips primarily must have this characteristics.

Long term: For Altcoins, I primarily look into the problem it will be solving and how will it solve it. The bigger problem that is being solved the better.
Researching the team and advisors working on the project needs also to be checked as the better the team can execute the future the better the returns.

Albert211994

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:18:54 AM

Read the ANN and Whitepaper. You will see there what the coin is for, and if it adds something new to the crypto community. If you think that the coin has real use, then probably it will be profitable investment. You must also check the persons involved in the project like the devs and managers. If they are trusted individuals in the community and not like new ones who are likely to scam.
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:26:52 AM

Short term: How many coins will be in circulation (a small supply is better). Will it be listed on big exchanges (bittrex, binance etc...)
Successful flips primarily must have this characteristics.

Long term: For Altcoins, I primarily look into the problem it will be solving and how will it solve it. The bigger problem that is being solved the better.
Researching the team and advisors working on the project needs also to be checked as the better the team can execute the future the better the returns.

This is a valuable sharing, and yes, for the short term coins, exchanger listing is the most important part to determine the price.
Ereun

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:28:57 AM

Hi,

Thank you.
if anyone knows the method in finding good altcoins maybe now that person is rich. Its the matter of how someone research ICO's , their potential in the industry of crypto currency , what will be the purpose of their coins. For me before i invest or buy altcoins , i first read their whitepaper and what is the goal of their project , in their roadmap if what will gonna be in the end. The potential of a good altcoin is in the development of their project.
Noteworthy in Altcoin, where general theories are less applicable and there are no official rules in many things including trading, the most influential major factor in its analysis is information,whoever has more information then the greater the chance of profit..Because success in ico not necessarily in the future have a high price Wink
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:34:51 AM

Even fundamental and technical analysis only contributes a little when it comes to finding a potential alternative asset. Difficulty of using TA when new coins occur due to lack of historical background or data and lagging prices and volume variations.
What I have done was diversifying my investment to BTC and known Alts to be secured. ETH and Lite suits me very well.
udayantha11

Activity: 770
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 12:38:43 AM

Hi,

Thank you.

Yes investing on ico is the smartway to rich. But lot of ico no potential. No potential means they are not working project. So people do not like to invest. So when considering a ico you have see number of factors

White paper
Project reality
Roadmap
Project team qualification and experiences
Awards
If presale there , whats stats

You have to see these very closly , research about it. Dont lazy . Then you can learn about crypto world. Thats how i came to the crypto world.

Then you go social actvities like telegram app. You can see what members are talking and admins support.
Personally i definitly see the telegram. Whar are twitter updates

From these you can grab a good ico. Perfect ico always give 2x-10x

Good luck

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
MR73

Activity: 388

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:35:28 AM

Unfortunately, there is no secret. If everyone had a miracle recipe, you can imagine that everyone on the forum would be rich right now.
Afterwards, read the projects presented, find out from the people on the forum, make your own opinion, and hope to be lucky.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:40:48 AM

It's all about the hype and the names attached to the coins

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
fruitybatman

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 01:46:14 AM

I have certain target prices where I start to really watch a particular coin. For example, I like ETH in the low 0.04's, LTC in the low 0.008's, ZEC under 0.03, and DASH around 0.05. Those are what I eyeball the most but I also watch DOGE, DGB, DCR, SYS, and a few others. I really like to load up on DOGE below 20. My best method for trading is to see what coins hold their value when Bitcoin starts moving up a lot. For instance DOGE stayed in the 15-18 range when Bitcoin went from $4k-$8k so that was a strong buy signal for me. Good Luck and I hope you do very well!
MeAgainstTheForum

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:20:46 AM

Personally, I try and look at it purely from a Product perspective:
- How unique is the proposed product
- How is the team running the product
- How close to having a live beta version of the product available
- How frequent will large announcements take (once a year or monthly)

The community plays a huge part for the Alts - for example Deep Onion, the community they have is exceptional and it promotes a common consensus among investors to hold and promote their asset. This builds a healthy investment ecosystem in which Alt coins should thrive.
I also like to act on gut - some Alt's catch my eye due to their technological potential alone - see ADA for example - I see purely undeniable potential
Trixie28

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:53:21 PM

For me my method to find potential in altcoin.Check their road map their mission and vission.Read their white paper and purpose for thier ico
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: