Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:01:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need expert advice ...Please advice...  (Read 658 times)
infomatrix (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:27:07 PM

hello everyone...im just starting to get into bitcoin and doin as much research as i can, but for the love of life i cannot seem to get passed probalty the simplest thing in the whole process...i cannot unerstand the charts provided at http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/ ......can any body help me and explain how to read these simple charts please?..what does the best bid and best ask titles mean?....also how come one website, mt gox, has a mtgoxUSD and a mtgoxEUR?..is that like what a bitcoing is worth in dollars(USD) and mtgox and what a bitcoing is worth in eurors in mtgox?....pleae help me understand this guys....thank you....
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:52:40 PM

I will assume you are not just trolling and actually are a noob.

what does the best bid and best ask titles mean?
Best bid is the highest price someone will buy for. Best ask is the lowest price someone will sell for. Might be good to review basics of a stock market regarding this.

....also how come one website, mt gox, has a mtgoxUSD and a mtgoxEUR?..is that like what a bitcoing is worth in dollars(USD) and mtgox and what a bitcoing is worth in eurors in mtgox?....pleae help me understand this guys....thank you....

You are correct, the one site has a market for multiple currencies.

You're welcome.
infomatrix (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:31:35 PM

Thank you so much for your reply...i feel a lot more confident about this matter-subject...so literately, statisticly speaking, according to this chart..mtgox is the place to sell then right?....its always ( most of the time ) on top, with the highest bitcoin to USD....would this assumption be correct? even mtgoxEUR is most of the time on top...thank you again for clarifying this...also can you direct me to some good forex and stock market charts....would like to study this more in depth...cheers
Trillium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:31:46 PM

I have done an amazing job annotating this example screenshot of BTC/USD. It is aimed at a total noob.

https://i.imgur.com/lDdPOvU.png

Apologies if I have used incorrect terminology, I have no qualifications and little experience with investing Tongue

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6
infomatrix (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:37:42 PM

HOLY CRUDE Trillium !!!!!....did you have this chart already at hand..or made it just to show?...its incredible...
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:49:32 PM

Thank you so much for your reply...i feel a lot more confident about this matter-subject...so literately, statisticly speaking, according to this chart..mtgox is the place to sell then right?....its always ( most of the time ) on top, with the highest bitcoin to USD....would this assumption be correct? even mtgoxEUR is most of the time on top...thank you again for clarifying this...also can you direct me to some good forex and stock market charts....would like to study this more in depth...cheers

If you actually want those USD in your bank account where you can spend them, then you may not want to use MtGox.  As I understand it, MtGox currently doesn't have any way to transfer USD to a U.S. bank.  This may be why the mtgoxUSD rate is so high at the moment.  Many aren't willing to sell BTC for USD at MtGox since they can't access the cash, and many who have USD at MtGox are buying bitcoins so they can transfer the value to some other exchange and convert it to USD there.  This excessive buying of bitcoins with USD and limited selling of bitcoins for USD at MtGox may have temporarily inflated the mtgoxUSD rate.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:51:14 PM

Apologies if I have used incorrect terminology, I have no qualifications and little experience with investing Tongue

Terminology, sherminology.  It is a great "plain english" starter.
Trillium

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:04:45 PM

HOLY CRUDE Trillium !!!!!....did you have this chart already at hand..or made it just to show?...its incredible...

Nah I made it for you at 3am in the morning because I can't sleeeeeep.

infomatrix (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 08:34:36 PM

lol ( hope your not being sarcastic ).....thanks dude...good job.....Genius i might add....do you have forex charts and stock charts also? ( not being sarcastic )...seriously....this is some good way to visualize and makes it WAY easier to learn....cheers my friend..
The Bitcoin Catalog

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The Bitcoin Catalog ---> Get Started!

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 09:22:28 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2013, 09:34:45 PM by The Bitcoin Catalog

I have done an amazing job annotating this example screenshot of BTC/USD. It is aimed at a total noob.

Great explanation! Would you mind if we use this image on our website as reference?

The Bitcoin Catalog: Second edition coming out in November! Click here for a  FREE pdf catalog!
Follow us on twitter! @BTCcatalog
frga13

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:26:42 PM

great job here m8!
Trillium

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 01:58:17 AM

Yes use it wherever you want I did not intend it to be so well received, if it helps out some new users then good for them!

The Bitcoin Catalog

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The Bitcoin Catalog ---> Get Started!

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 06:38:26 PM

Yes use it wherever you want I did not intend it to be so well received, if it helps out some new users then good for them!

Thanks! I'll send you a tip

The Bitcoin Catalog: Second edition coming out in November! Click here for a  FREE pdf catalog!
Follow us on twitter! @BTCcatalog
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 06:56:20 PM

some links for your perusal:

http://m.investor.gov/investing-basics

http://www.investopedia.com/university/all/basics/

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: