Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 10:16:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Referred here to buy BTC, a few questions...  (Read 551 times)
MrSpacely (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:47:58 PM

Hey was referred here when i was trying to find a place to buy BTC using cash-by-mail. I have read that there are some reputable escrow services(John. K), but am not 100% sure as to how everything works. Do i just post saying "Buying XXXBTC @XXX?

If not, where else could i look to trade?
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:51:50 PM

you can always check localbitcoins.com and make an appointment with a renowned local trader (one with positive feedback and some trades under his belt). if he's cool, he'll take you through the process - there's a couple of decent guides for face2face transactions on these board here, as well.

MrSpacely (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 01:10:28 AM

There are exactly 2 traders in my province, and both are dealing with 1-250CAN. Need like 10-15 times that...
truelitecoin

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 06:00:57 AM

It would be safer to purchase large amounts from an online exchange. Try vircurex.com or wait for btcto.com
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:14:20 AM

do you have neteller?
cowanjeffrey93

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:25:32 PM

You can buy from here using escrow service of John K. He is good on escrow service.

Online24o0n

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

"Ignorance never settles a question."

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:28:15 PM

Link your bank account to coinbase.

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present"
- Marcus Aurelius
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 4759

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:27:49 AM

Are you specifically looking to purchase BTC with Canadian Dollars?  If you have the ability to send U.S. postal orders (or if you're willing to send U.S. currency), I may be willing to exchange with you (depending on the exchange rate you're looking for.

I've been active here at bitcointalk for over a year and have a good reputation. I've engaged in several trades arranged here and have held escrow for others multiple times.

I'm also listed as danny.hamilton in the Chicago area on localbitcoins, where I've got many trades, a 100% positive rating, and plenty of feedback.

While I haven't gotten much feedback on the #bitcoin-otc WOT yet, I am registered there and that registration is linked to my localbitcoins account so you can at least verify my public key and any signatures I provide to be sure that the feedback at localbitcoins is truly mine.

I'm certainly willing to recommend John K. as a trustworthy and reliable escrow service.  If John is busy and you aren't able to contact him, or if you're in a hurry and can't get a quick response, I'd certainly be willing to hold escrow for you on any other transactions if you like.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 4759

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:06:05 AM

a o cool we will check you out and meet up soon my dude how many coins do you have to dump escrow service goes against satoshi white paper we are linked NYC;)

Your attempts at English are beyond my comprehension.

I do wish a Mod would just ban you for your continued trolling and spamming
mcsmith1939

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 08:09:42 AM

I am interested in purchasing some BTC if you might be inclined to make a trade.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: