Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:40:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: local transfers to and from Gox from within Japan  (Read 591 times)
abcehmumhecba (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:53:14 PM

Something i've been thinking about for a while, is that I live in Japan (i'm an aussie expat), and i have an account with mt gox which i can send and receive from using local transfers. 

especially with the recent issues with dwolla, and now the even bigger issue of gox not releasing US funds at all, maybe I could do a little side business helping people who really need to get their USD in or out of gox quickly???

i'm fairly new to this forum and crypto in general, so i certainly wouldn't want to ask anyone to trust me with significant amounts of their BTC or USD, but if i could start off small, and build some trust, is this something that would benefit people, and which i could make some pocket money out of (i'd ask for some commission for my effort, maybe 5%?)

i have a PP acnt which i could use for these transactions.  (Obviously it's against their rules, so it would have to be hush hush).

right now, i'm not offering to start this, but is it possible?  are there others doing the same thing? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
abcehmumhecba (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:28:57 PM

ahhh, right... just found the 'currency exchange' subforum right under this one Wink

i'll go there...

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:43:49 PM

i have a PP acnt which i could use for these transactions.

There've probably been about fifty people that hoped to provide bitcoin exchange service involving PayPal.   There has been a 100% failure rate (i.e., not a single one still does this), with horror stories of funds frozen for 180 days (at best).

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

TimJBenham

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 12:42:15 AM

There've probably been about fifty people that hoped to provide bitcoin exchange service involving PayPal.   There has been a 100% failure rate (i.e., not a single one still does this), with horror stories of funds frozen for 180 days (at best).

Selling PP for BTC is normal business on Bitmit. This is only half an exchange service, it is true.

You are a warlord in the outskirts of the known world struggling to establish a kingdom in the wild lands.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: