Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:41:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [NHML] I keep getting this video controller warning and mining stops.  (Read 172 times)
SuperDerpBro (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:45:11 AM

https://i.imgur.com/xRFzMze.png

Built a small 4 1060 rig about a week ago. Starting about 4 days ago this started happening about once a day. Almost always like 10 mins after i go to bed (just my luck) lol. So, it stops mining until i get up 8 hours later and press OK :/ ROI killer! hehe

I think its a single GPU having/causing problems because when i press OK all the same cards start mining minus one. I have to reboot for NHML to even see that one again.

I also think it might be mostly happening when it does the rare switch to ghost, NeoScrypt or Lyra2REv2. But i cant be sure. Those cause the ongpuslost to trigger more than Dagger/Pascal and Equihash.

I was on 384.76. Installed 388.31 yesterday and it seems better but then finally crashed again. Trying 387.92 now.

If nobody has an idea why it's happening.. Is there a way to get rid of the PRESS OK box.. so at least 3 cards can mine until i wake/get home? Or auto reboot the system on that error so they all can start mining? The ongpuslost.bat works but not for that error Sad

Any ideas?

EDIT

Windows 8.1
NHML v1.8.1.5

Old GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R
Old e8400
8GB RAM
3x EVGA 1060 SC 6GB
1x PNY 1060 6GB

I think the PNY is the one having/causing problems because when i pres OK all the EVGA's start mining. I have to reboot for NHML to even see the PNY again
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
halker2010

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

The harder your life is the more meaning it has.

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:21:26 AM

https://i.imgur.com/xRFzMze.png

Built a small 4 1060 rig about a week ago. Starting about 4 days ago this started happening about once a day. Almost always like 10 mins after i go to bed (just my luck) lol. So, it stops mining until i get up 8 hours later and press OK :/ ROI killer! hehe

I think its a single GPU having/causing problems because when i press OK all the same cards start mining minus one. I have to reboot for NHML to even see that one again.

I also think it might be mostly happening when it does the rare switch to ghost, NeoScrypt or Lyra2REv2. But i cant be sure. Those cause the ongpuslost to trigger more than Dagger/Pascal and Equihash.

I was on 384.76. Installed 388.31 yesterday and it seems better but then finally crashed again. Trying 387.92 now.

If nobody has an idea why it's happening.. Is there a way to get rid of the PRESS OK box.. so at least 3 cards can mine until i wake/get home? Or auto reboot the system on that error so they all can start mining? The ongpuslost.bat works but not for that error Sad

Any ideas?

EDIT

Windows 8.1
NHML v1.8.1.5

Old GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R
Old e8400
8GB RAM
3x EVGA 1060 SC 6GB
1x PNY 1060 6GB

I think the PNY is the one having/causing problems because when i pres OK all the EVGA's start mining. I have to reboot for NHML to even see the PNY again
you might be able to use restart on timer or auto kill on error tools for example.

Code:
@echo off

echo -------------------------------------------------------------------
echo Simple script to restart your miner software after a period of time
echo -------------------------------------------------------------------
echo:

set executable=ethminer.exe
set commandline= -F http://pooladdress -G

set runforseconds=1800
set restartinseconds=10
set /a counter=0
timeout 15
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
:start
start "ETHMiner" %executable% %commandline%
echo:
echo The software will run for %runforseconds% seconds
timeout %runforseconds%
taskkill /f /im %executable%
echo:
echo Restarting the software in %restartinseconds% seconds (%counter%)
timeout %restartinseconds%
set /a counter+=1
echo:
echo:
goto start

just put what ever command line you have on .bat file in "start "ETHMiner" %executable% %commandline% "and it simulates the same thing.
SuperDerpBro (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:30:28 AM

Hmm.. Thanks. I will attempt to make sense of this! hehe Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: